What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May be he was arrogant, and why not be, when US is considering redrafting of teh entire export control laws coz they lost in India. I mean US never did it for anyother country. But one loss in MRCA is making you change it.

I mean if its not such a big deal to beg India to buy F-35, why change the laws then??.
I mean isnt it significant enough to say that, we can say we changed you?? but not in arrogance though.

US changing export control laws ??? When did that happen ?? All i have seen a bunch of reports which proclaimed that US may have lost out the deal due to the 'control laws' but so far no indication that it is going to change laws !!

It's 85 thanks now.. I am still burning with jealousy for Sparky.. as if he needed any more thanks.. He has so many already...

BTW I tracked three non-Indians (one Chinese, one Pakistani & one Bangladeshi) and one half Indian (genmirajborgza786) in the list by my H(hembo)-band radder... So you need to revise your calculation.. lol

Its time for you to look again its 87 Now!! :lol: Just hoping that it may turn into Century...:cheers:

Lets see if we can make it..:D:D

With the US loosing the MMRCA contract, they will now go out of the way to ensure that the Indian navy expresses interest in the F35 STOVL.

In the coming months, its the Americans who are going to beg the Indian navy to buy their F35, not the other way around.

This is a country that has a GDP $14 trillion, a defence budget in excess of $600 billion and exported around $70 billion in arms. They just signed a deal worth $70 billion with the Saudis, you honestly think that your puny $11 billion matters much to them. Get off your high horse and learn to accept the reality, their defence companies will continue to churn out billions in revenues without your MMRCA contract.

US changing export control laws ??? When did that happen ?? All i have seen a bunch of reports which proclaimed that US may have lost out the deal due to the 'control laws' but so far no indication that it is going to change laws !!

Yes its true, Google it you will find it. I just have the link with me. I will share as soon as I get it.

Also not that Mr Roemer resigning just few hours after MRCA news got released should tell us who was lobbying for what...

This is a country that has a GDP $14 trillion, a defence budget in excess of $600 billion and exported around $70 billion in arms. They just signed a deal worth $70 billion with the Saudis, you honestly think that your puny $11 billion matters much to them. Get off your high horse and learn to accept the reality, their defence companies will continue to churn out billions in revenues without your MMRCA contract.

Dude, there is no dispute on US being a super power. Its a great country which still has the ability to change world politics.

But you are forgetting one thing. They will get business, but not offensive business unless they change some rules. You know in near future they cant be seen as competetive if they dont do that. You can see we are buying more defensive weapons than offensive from US.
So if US was so powerful then why couldnt it influence GOI. Why the ambassador resigned just after US fighters went out of the competition.???

It means buddy. $$$ is what everybody needs and for business you need to bow down to customer. Gone are those days...

Yes, Russians have already fitted that radar onto T-50 anyway to track stealth fighters. You can always track an F-22 but not as the same distance you will track an MKI or an F-16.

Anyway I was looking for a source if China has made it.

The distance from which it can be tracked using newer Russian radars maybe around the 15 km mark. Adding AWACs to the equation increases this distance, but BVR is still out of the question, unless it is the F-22 that is employing it.

Here's a couple of links that interested me though:
TAMARA and VERA

This shows that while the stealth aircraft cannot be detected in a silent flight, they can give their locations away if they use their radars. Don't know whether this takes AESA into account or not. 1 F-117 was tracked and shot down
There is enough reason to believe that China already had accessed this tech and can develop it further.

Here's another thing to think about. The Rafale already has a low RCS in combat but once the weapons are removed and there are fewer surfaces reflecting to the radar. I imagine that the Rafale can become nearly invisible on earlier radars.

I dont know why the Yankees are taking this to their heart after all its business and nothing personal.

They are already getting about 10 billion dollar defence deals in 16 C-17s,12 P-8Is,12 C-130Js,145 M777s and an assorted group of other deals for Harpoon missiles,sensor fusion bombs etc.

Indeed they should be happy that they have got so much in such a few time, considering their history of sanctioning us even if water doesn't come in the White House loo.

Remember the fact that they sent a carrier group when China Attacked INdia...in 1962

After all thoes long years we came to know here the news which would surely feel all us on PDF very very satisfactory. The fighters which deserve to be the finalist are there even if anyone giving $hit about this. Now the when one question is being solved, the other one arises. Which will be the ultimate winner and how many months/years would it take for that ?? Second thing what would be the aftermath after rejecting the US warplanes. It is sure that US wanted to control the aggressive policy of India by selling their toys to IAF. I must say Indian Policy makers did very well by declaring the Europeans as shortlisted. Now can we speculate US apathy towards the Indian Defence Market?? I dont think so.. Beyond this 11 bn $ there is a lot more and huge market the US defence industry can capitalized.. In some other threads Sparky has posted that Pentagon though disappointed, wont stop its defence ties with India. And the examples are C130, P 8, C17, Chinook hellis, Apache Hellis, harpoon missiles, vessels, Howitzers about 150 odds, and may be many more..
US seeks a counter weight to China in the region, but India should co-operate with China as well as with Pakistan and dont have any hot time with them. This doesnt mean that India should completely ignore US.
Out of two euro canards, rafale would be better choice since
1. Lesser cost than that of EFT
2. Fast dilivery of Fighter jets
3. IAF fighters aware of French systems
4. SPECTRA EWS would be great
5. Good weapons package (Almost the same as EFT)
6. As few reports indicated it performed well than EFT
and the list is long

so my choice Rafale.
regards

@RazorMC
Nice piece of information....

This shows that while the stealth aircraft cannot be detected in a silent flight, they can give their locations away if they use their radars. Don't know whether this takes AESA into account or not.
Well in case of aesa they can't hold on to the frequency of the radar as it keeps on changing...

1 F-117 was tracked and shot down
There is enough reason to believe that China already had accessed this tech and can develop it further.
A stealth fighter is not 100 % invisible....it just have very low RCS....although it can't be normally detected but their are many radars which can detect them....and i think during an operation, stealth fighter is bound to reflect some radiation which might cause its detection....although in comparison to other fighter of 4th gen they survivability is way more....

:lol: ur wrong...it was 1971...AMericans sent nuclear powered Carrier to support pakistan....against india...can't forget that so early

that was the seventh fleet and russia sent its nuclear powered submarine trailing it till Jan 1972. IAF pilots were ready to take plane and slam it into US aircraft. it was president nixon's order to send Aircraft carrier in Indian waters.

Its time for you to look again its 87 Now!! :lol: Just hoping that it may turn into Century...:cheers:

Lets see if we can make it..:D:D

If you look at my Total Posts Vs Thanked Posts ,you will find that am the one still leading :lol: :D
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom