What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You cant bargain against a group of companies. Germany and UK are the ones who are acting like the owners of the consortium. It will be a big surprise if ever Italy changes its stance on a few issues.. They have been also uttering the "K" word recently..

Massive orders like MMRCA where there is a provision to increase number of planes from 126 to 200 or even 260 can be nothing but a big bargaining chip.

Infact I will not be surprised if tomorrow we come to know that GoI purposely delayed this entire process so that it can bargain with all concerned parties on proper terms.

We are not giving away 12 billion for nothing buddy.

Eurofighter Typhoon 60 46.88%
Dassault Rafale 68 53.13%

:coffee:

Wind is changing in the favor of EF

Massive orders like MMRCA where there is a provision to increase number of planes from 126 to 200 or even 260 can be nothing but a big bargaining chip.

Infact I will not be surprised if tomorrow we come to know that GoI purposely delayed this entire process so that it can bargain with all concerned parties on proper terms.

We are not giving away 12 billion for nothing buddy.

Lets hope so, otherwise EF consortium will be having trouble a plenty... They might even scrap their own plans and go ahead with F-35 , as these countries have got no other 5th gen alternatives.

Lets hope so, otherwise EF consortium will be having trouble a plenty... They might even scrap their own plans and go ahead with F-35 , as these countries have got no other 5th gen alternatives.

Naah, thats too overstretched.

They know very well the impact that 12 billion dollars can have on the entire Typhoon program.

If India selects EF, other countries might pour in to.

MMRAC is make or break for both Rafale and TYphoon.

The company that shows flexibility now will reap the awards later.

all you people will be just be surprised to see at end that MMRCA is a pure business deal and HAL swaping equity with the winner in a manner to get a voting rights in the matter of intrests...
all these talk of back door bargain , additional offering and UNSC will be just for funboys....it will be a pure business style deal ( under company law ) .....
german DASA will be offloading 7.5% out of 15% of their holding in EADS-DASA EF consortum to HAL and HAL giving a equal equity share to DASA.....a pure win-win situation in busness term...

Naah, thats too overstretched.

They know very well the impact that 12 billion dollars can have on the entire Typhoon program.

If India selects EF, other countries might pour in to.

MMRAC is make or break for both Rafale and TYphoon.

The company that shows flexibility now will reap the awards later.

I dont think Rafale is that vulnerable... They dont have any other alternate plans.. sale or no sale they will keep on imporving the fighters for their own use.. If they get India and Brail, its brilliant, the fighter evolve more into a true one.

Also i am wary of the Saudi connection. All the tactics and technicals known to Saudi regarding EF will surely be passed to adversaries... so it takes away the technical superiority .

I dont think Rafale is that vulnerable... They dont have any other alternate plans.. sale or no sale they will keep on imporving the fighters for their own use.. If they get India and Brail, its brilliant, the fighter evolve more into a true one.

Also i am wary of the Saudi connection. All the tactics and technicals known to Saudi regarding EF will surely be passed to adversaries... so it takes away the technical superiority .

12 billion dollars is no small amount, without it they may have to arrange money from outside for further development.

ALso, If India rejects Rafale then it may impact Brazil too. Rafale has no foreign customer.

One deal as big as MMRCA can change the plane's fortunes for once and for all.

12 billion dollars is no small amount, without it they may have to arrange money from outside for further development.

ALso, If India rejects Rafale then it may impact Brazil too. Rafale has no foreign customer.

One deal as big as MMRCA can change the plane's fortunes for once and for all.

As far as I know most development planned has been completed including the AESA . The engine variants are being done is maybe that needs a few million spending.

Maybe Sancho can explain regarding the status of each of the components.
Most of the weapons have been integrated in Rafale and then rest ordered including Meteor.
But for EF, funding is still required on making it a true Multi role.

As far as I know most development planned has been completed including the AESA . The engine variants are being done is maybe that needs a few million spending.

Maybe Sancho can explain regarding the status of each of the components.
Most of the weapons have been integrated in Rafale and then rest ordered including Meteor.
But for EF, funding is still required on making it a true Multi role.

Status of AESA by Thales ????? - still in development.

But the point is that without foreign customers its not gonna make money. It cannot thrive on French orders alone, surely?

India or Brazil, any one will do for them but then Indian order is far more bigger than the Brazilian one.

Its hard cash and how much of it at the end of the day is the only thing that concerns the promoters of the both the companies.

Bigger the order, more the money at their disposal, more the recognition, more sales, better pipeline, more growth.

Both these manufacturers are vulnerable. If India doesn't pick Rafale, it is pretty much curtains for that project. The French are finding & will find it difficult to improve on that platform without large numbers. The EF is no better, most of those countries are going to be cutting their defence budgets & will find it next to impossible to fight off the F-35's advance. Pretty much the end of the road then. Feel saddest for the Gripen folks, they had a great plane but were fighting in a different class. That would have & should have made the numbers for the IAF as a light fighter but HAL should have looked to work with them earlier in the LCA project. Pretty much end of the road for them too, I think.

Sure hope as long as there is TOT...

J-11 is a licence version of Su-27.

We can get the same and more ToT from the Russkies itself.

I will not be surprised if the Saudis even outsource the flying of their planes to PAF pilots.After all they are Saudies :lol:

You donot know penny about Pakistan and China relationship, and the history to it, while coming on a Pakistani Forum from a rat hole, telling us what is the alliance between the two of our countries. Let me tell you, India's retardly offensive greedy regional power actions are one of the most important factors if not the only one. Further, India's lust to poke nose in others affairs to try to influence the region under its belly is something you would not class as "attacking" rather your supposed doctrine of "minimum deterrance". You suck, when you lie plainly.

Infact, if it hadn't been the case, and India acted like a nice puppy, China would have been India's best mate than Pakistan. Unfortunately, you lack the basic ingredients to remain a peaceful entity. Further, the aggressive retard India(Minimum deterrence goal) would not have wars with China (1962) and Pakistan(three+), or the usual act of being a macho-man of Asia bullying the Nepalis, Bengladeshis, Srilankans and on and on. India is all innocent, infact the most peaceful and most victimised country.

It was not Pakistan who blew up the Nuclear bombs first, it is not Pakistan who purchases hi-fi lethal equipment first in the region, it is not PAF who weans about every purchase IAF makes, infact the later one tries to go further to block purchases. Its not PAF who cries out loud by making videos like the "IAF loosing edge over PAF".

It was IAF the "attacker" and the "aggressor" which was shot twice by ANZA missiles capturing its pilots during the Kargil War(the latest war). PAF was never used inside Indian territory.

As I said before that human body has got nothing to do with your insignificant mosquito bites, the PAF and PLAAF the two arms are in hand in hand "mincing the mosquitoes"...enuff said.

Further, I would class "standards" as PAF "requirements" or "criterion", the J10s or J11s or the newly built J20s in PLAAF are not what PAF wants, IMO, specific upgrades are necessary to meet its criterion. And am in no position to discuss that at the moment.

What would you say, when China offered her J7s, J8s, J11s, J10 to sale and Pakistan has not accepted them and rather gone for the JF17s, would you class J7s, J8s as your stupid word "sub-standards". Or the latest 36 J10s deal offered to Pakistan were put on hold, while Pakistan is going ahead with the JF17s and the new joint venture of stealth ingredient "JF17 Stealth Thunder". Spare me your manipulation man.

Pakistan and China are here to stay, work together and as I said one human, two arms, hand in hand.

:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

DUDE YOU SOUND SO BRAINWASHED ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.....get out of the Madrassa

Back
Top Bottom