What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully, the stealth version of the J-11B will compete in India's next arms procurement.

Humor aside.

This is the last 4.5Gplane acquisition by India.

WIth PAK FA moving with high speed forward, India will order only more MKI's and MMRCA in addition to LCA and MCA to keep the ball rolling.

AMerican dreams of selling a fighter to India are buried forever.

I still feel US should have had fielded F15 instead of F16 in MMRCA.

What ever the reasons EF will be a big blunder.... politically and strategically ..:coffee:

Err.. if politics & strategic reasoning was being done, you can be sure it wouldn't have been any of these two aircraft winning. I think Anthony is planning to go by the book on this one. Unless the French really up their offer, they are pretty much done for. I have a feeling that as Santro said which was also indirectly alluded to in the article I posted, a buyback offer for the M2k's may end up being on the plate. Would be pretty hard for the European consortium to beat that.

Uncle Sam has started showing his true color............;)

Real face of Uncle will come out in few days..

What ever the reasons EF will be a big blunder.... politically and strategically ..:coffee:

Italy (one of the countries involved with EF) had opposed India's demand of getting a permanent UNSC seat.

Who knows, the Indian govt. is strategizing with the UNSC in mind.

We have given enough orders to the US and many more are in pipeline, the attack helicopter being one of them.

I am sure its not just technical evaluation, GoI is playing games at a much higher level.

Italy (one of the countries involved with EF) had opposed India's demand of getting a permanent UNSC seat.

Who knows, the Indian govt. is strategizing with the UNSC in mind.

We have given enough orders to the US and many more are in pipeline, the attack helicopter being one of them.

I am sure its not just technical evaluation, GoI is playing games at a much higher level.

We cant do a think about changing their mind over this .Also nothing can be done politically with Spain too.. Germany will be gunning against various issues if there is a political change...

We cant do a think about changing their mind over this .Also nothing can be done politically with Spain too.. Germany will be gunning against various issues if there is a political change...

This is all a bargaining chip.

By shortlisting EF, India will up the ante with EF promoter countries, back room bargaining and negotiations will go big time (and no, I am not talking of pricing negotiations).

One hand give, One hand take.

If India ever faces opposition from entering UNSC it will come only from some within EU.

Dont be surprised if European nations back India in full strength in the coming years.

Err.. if politics & strategic reasoning was being done, you can be sure it wouldn't have been any of these two aircraft winning. I think Anthony is planning to go by the book on this one. Unless the French really up their offer, they are pretty much done for. I have a feeling that as Santro said which was also indirectly alluded to in the article I posted, a buyback offer for the M2k's may end up being on the plate. Would be pretty hard for the European consortium to beat that.

I have been advocating that for some time. If that is the case, we will be seeing a few Rafale's much earlier than expected.

France has already offered 40 Rafales on fast track for our SFC.

This is all a bargaining chip.

By shortlisting EF, India will up the ante with EF promoter countries, back room bargaining and negotiations will go big time (and no, I am not talking of pricing negotiations).

One hand give, One hand take.

If India ever faces opposition from entering UNSC it will come only from some within EU.

Dont be surprised if European nations back India in full strength in the coming years.

You cant bargain against a group of companies. Germany and UK are the ones who are acting like the owners of the consortium. It will be a big surprise if ever Italy changes its stance on a few issues.. They have been also uttering the "K" word recently..

If India chooses Rafale......Brazil may follow....I hope India uses this as leverage on France. It shoal deb given access to cutting edge research and weapons. It could prove to be a wonderful future for both countries.....I just hope France doesn't stab us in time of need. I KNOW THE US WOULDN;T

Back
Top Bottom