What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Illogical question: MMRCA is more focused on Ground attack.. Rafel has better ground attack capabilities,... Once you neutralize enemy fighter planes (by Air superiority fighter), you need to do ground bombing, to destroy SAMs/Dams/bridge/factory... Air superiority fighter can't do it.. so we need a fighter with great ability to do ground bombing.... MMRCA was initially thought to fits in this category..

british preffers the air superiority version of EF , german preffers the ground attack version...
it was the german EF to take part in ground attack trails in MMRCA..

but germany decided not to take part in libya , otherwise you would get a look at the ground attack capabilities of the EF as well...

british preffers the air superiority version of EF , german preffers the ground attack version...

but germany decided not to take part in libya , otherwise you would get a look at the ground attack capabilities of the EF as well...

Agree.... I also like EFT to be in Indian inventory... To counter chinies threat We need it. 2 squadron EFT air superiority fighter, rest for Ground attack role..

i am so happy today to know the news..that the americans are out..i don't mind eurofighter or rafale..i like both.

:big_boss:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/104177-jf-17-stealth-new-pak-china-joint-venutre.html

enuff said.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Donot post Wiki-Sh*t please, its distorted, I just changed it again. Go Check it. Your Jets were shot inside Pakistani territory with pilots as POWs captured during Kargil War and that is a FACT.

Oh Doggy knows the doggy language, I donot need to steep to your level but enough to say Pakistan and China are one human, with two arms, hand in hand. That is quite different to your doggy status, and hard for a non-human to understand.

What is really India to Americans, British and Europeans ? usable whore, a monkey ---> :taz::taz: against Pakistan & China.

Besides, it was your co-Indian who changed the topic not me. You too recommended to read post # 819.

:wave::wave::wave:

well carry on with your JF-17 Stealth and i hope that it really flies bcoz u will need magnanimous modifications to bring it to a proper stealth standard but remember that it would face the likes of PAK FA and FGFA when it enters service and I am not at all worried about this Stealth JF-17.Anyways lets bury the hatchet and discuss somethng useful.Bro can you give some info about any upgrades on Eurofighter for ground attacks?

This UPA govt has shown that it definitely shown "some" guts by ignoring the American pressure.

Kudos to Manmohaniya and company.

:big_boss:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/104177-jf-17-stealth-new-pak-china-joint-venutre.html

enuff said.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Donot post Wiki-Sh*t please, its distorted, I just changed it again. Go Check it. Your Jets were shot inside Pakistani territory with pilots as POWs captured during Kargil War and that is a FACT.

Oh Doggy knows the doggy language, I donot need to steep to your level but enough to say Pakistan and China are one human, with two arms, hand in hand. That is quite different to your doggy status, and hard for a non-human to understand.

What is really India to Americans, British and Europeans ? usable whore, a monkey ---> :taz::taz: against Pakistan & China.

Besides, it was your co-Indian who changed the topic not me. You too recommended to read post # 819.

:wave::wave::wave:

well carry on with your JF-17 Stealth and i hope that it really flies bcoz u will need magnanimous modifications to bring it to a proper stealth standard but remember that it would face the likes of PAK FA and FGFA when it enters service and I am not at all worried about this Stealth JF-17.Anyways lets bury the hatchet and discuss somethng useful.Bro can you give some info about any upgrades on Eurofighter for ground attacks?

I thought only Eurofighters latest version Tranche 3 has multi role features (including A2G features).....??? Which i think has not entered service(correct me if i am wrong)
But i think the version offered to India has features from both these aircrafts because according to IAF's requirement we needed a multi role aircraft....now whatever they claim they have to provide those features to us according to the deal...including aesa and TVC (if India opt for it).

Oops, thankyou for posting this picture to confirm your animal instincts but Indian. Honestly, this picture fits India 100%.
We can see from the photo what America think about you.

washington times
washingtontimes7zk.jpg

Now, consider todays date 29-April-2011, America has been pretty much defeated, its given a date to with-draw "July 2011" that is it is done, used, abused and now running away. So honestly, does this picture hold any value ? Come on be straight forward.

:lol: America defeated? Just few days back drone attack killed 25 pakistanis.

I know India the new monkey whore will do all for US, Brits, Israelis and Europeans....like a nice paid whore, ----> :taz::taz::taz: against the victors Pakistan and China.
The photo depicts who is the monkey whore and why. You take military aid from America by letting them using your land as base to kill your own people. You cannot even defend your self. Now China! You cannot talk about yourself alone always need a master.

Where is India going from Afghanistan ?
Baluchistan.

I gave it a vote too. Tell me? Aren't you concerned about the fact that neither has a fully functional AESA? I mean the more the delayed the procurement the more the obsolete it is

RBE2 AA is operational and has entered serial production. :)

I gave it a vote too. Tell me? Aren't you concerned about the fact that neither has a fully functional AESA? I mean the more the delayed the procurement the more the obsolete it is

Rafale will be equipped with AESA radars from 2012, so if goes with it, then we will receive Rafale with operational AESA radar.

And EFT was successfully tested with Caesar AESA radar. So significant development is expected in coming months.

Rafale, Typhoon score on merit

Just why has the Indian Air Force (IAF) short-listed the French Rafale and the Eurofighter Typhoon ahead of four other contenders, including the US F-16 and F/A-18 fighters, for the Rs 42, 000 crore medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) contract?

The down selection at the end of a prolonged evaluation of the six fighter jets was evidently based on the fact that the Rafale and the Typhoon were the most modern airframes and better equipped compared to F/A-18 Super Hornet and F-16 IN of the US, MiG-35 of Russia, and JAS-39 Gripen of Sweden.

The Rafale and the Typhoon met most of the 630 technical attributes mentioned in the request for proposal (RFP) by the ministry of defence, while the others lacked either in performance or had limitations in terms of future upgrades.

“Rafale figures a notch higher than Typhoon in terms of performance and involves easier adaptability as it is logistically and operationally similar to Mirage-2000, used extensively by our boys during the Kargil conflict in 1999. The French government has also cleared the technology transfer, including the AESA (active electronically scanned array) radar,” sources in the IAF told Deccan Chronicle.

The other discreet offering by Dassault Aviation too made sense: save on the $1.5 billion project to upgrade 52 Mirage-2000 jets by acquiring the Rafale.

Interestingly, all six fighters were in the race till April 17, the deadline for submission of modified offset proposals. The representatives of these firms were informed of the Union government’s decision to relax the offset policy mentioned in the request for proposal (RFP).

The original rider that half the value of the $ 10.5 billion contract be passed on to domestic firms was modified, fixing it at 30 per cent of the deal. “We were all expecting a word on extension of commercial proposals on the last day, April 28, but got to know that only Dassault Aviation and Eurofighter have been invited for discussions,” said a representative of Saab AB.

Those who lost out have made it known that they would raise issues concerning the price and other attributes of Rafale and Typhoon. The two aircraft are said to be the highest priced among those in the contest when looked at from a unit price point of view. Second, the Eurofighter’s AESA radar is still under development. Only the two US fighters have operational AESA radars on them.

If India finally picks the Rafale, it would be only the second air force after the French Air Force to induct these fighters into its fleet.

India has asked Dassault SA and Eurofighter GmbH to hold their price bids until the end of the year. The deal is expected to be signed by March 2012.

The Final Two

Eurofighter Typhoon – Germany/Britain/Italy/Spain

Dassault Rafale -- France

Out of the contest

Lockheed Martin’s F-16IN – USA

Boeing’s F/A-18 Super Hornet – USA

SAAB’s Gripen JAS-39 – Sweden

Mikoyan-Gureywich’s MiG-35 – Russia

Rafale, Typhoon score on merit | Deccan Chronicle

Back
Top Bottom