What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question which missiles Rafale will use if selected: MICA? AMRAAM? R-77? Which targeting pod - Damocles, Litening III?

The rafale will use the Damocles Designating Pod for delivering PGMs like Paveway-2/3 LGB Kits,AS-30L Laser guided missile.for air to air engagements it will use Meteor to deal with BVR Threats,Mica for Low-to-Medium range threats and maybe the MBDA AIM-132 ASRAAM for WVR or Dogfight combats.Mr.kartik sri what do u say?

I am happy that at last this decision is made atleast half i mean...

I joined this forum to get updated news on this issue. I hope the downselect is faster.

I am going with rafaele. I was afraid i would get old by the time it happened.

I am thankful to Spark, Jha , Sancho Prateek Karthik and others for posting latest news on this competition.

So happy today.

hmmm! Pakistanis voting for eurofighter as they fear facing mighty Rafael ?

Future wars aircrafts will hardly face each other, PAF is focusing on BVRs on F-16s, JF-17s, Mirages IIIs, Mirage Vs, F-7s and the shortly coming J-10s.

Future wars aircrafts will hardly face each other, PAF is focusing on BVRs on F-16s, JF-17s, Mirages IIIs, Mirage Vs, F-7s and the shortly coming J-10s.

Ain't you guys going to retire old F-7s and Mirage-IIIs soon?

Thats exactly India's goal too. Achieving minimum deterrence against the combined strength of PAF and PLAAF. Attacking and failing is Pakistan's forte not India's.

-----
Yeah too bad that human body is not ambidextrous. While PLAAF is the dominant right hand which does all the work, while PAF is just the left hand there to do the dirty work. Now save me your jingoism.

You said that J-10, J-11 and even J-20 was not upto PAF's standard. I don't see the thought process here, so China makes the super awesome JF-17 for Pakistan and doesn't induct any in its own air force, but instead decides to induct loads of "sub-standard" J-10 and J-11's?

I mean I understand patriotism, but this is just talking sh*t.

You donot know penny about Pakistan and China relationship, and the history to it, while coming on a Pakistani Forum from a rat hole, telling us what is the alliance between the two of our countries. Let me tell you, India's retardly offensive greedy regional power actions are one of the most important factors if not the only one. Further, India's lust to poke nose in others affairs to try to influence the region under its belly is something you would not class as "attacking" rather your supposed doctrine of "minimum deterrance". You suck, when you lie plainly.

Infact, if it hadn't been the case, and India acted like a nice puppy, China would have been India's best mate than Pakistan. Unfortunately, you lack the basic ingredients to remain a peaceful entity. Further, the aggressive retard India(Minimum deterrence goal) would not have wars with China (1962) and Pakistan(three+), or the usual act of being a macho-man of Asia bullying the Nepalis, Bengladeshis, Srilankans and on and on. India is all innocent, infact the most peaceful and most victimised country.

It was not Pakistan who blew up the Nuclear bombs first, it is not Pakistan who purchases hi-fi lethal equipment first in the region, it is not PAF who weans about every purchase IAF makes, infact the later one tries to go further to block purchases. Its not PAF who cries out loud by making videos like the "IAF loosing edge over PAF".

It was IAF the "attacker" and the "aggressor" which was shot twice by ANZA missiles capturing its pilots during the Kargil War(the latest war). PAF was never used inside Indian territory.

As I said before that human body has got nothing to do with your insignificant mosquito bites, the PAF and PLAAF the two arms are in hand in hand "mincing the mosquitoes"...enuff said.

Further, I would class "standards" as PAF "requirements" or "criterion", the J10s or J11s or the newly built J20s in PLAAF are not what PAF wants, IMO, specific upgrades are necessary to meet its criterion. And am in no position to discuss that at the moment.

What would you say, when China offered her J7s, J8s, J11s, J10 to sale and Pakistan has not accepted them and rather gone for the JF17s, would you class J7s, J8s as your stupid word "sub-standards". Or the latest 36 J10s deal offered to Pakistan were put on hold, while Pakistan is going ahead with the JF17s and the new joint venture of stealth ingredient "JF17 Stealth Thunder". Spare me your manipulation man.

Pakistan and China are here to stay, work together and as I said one human, two arms, hand in hand.

:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

What holds worry for Pakistan is its speedy induction of upgraded, enhanced JF17 Thunders potentially the new "JF17 Stealth Thunder - JF17 ST", further enhancements to J10s, J20 Black Eagle and quite possibly J11s (the later three are simply not upto PAF standards).

Did he just say that the J-20, a 5th generation fighter, is not up to PAF standards???

What standards are you talking about buddy? You don't even have a 5th gen jet or plans to make one nor acquire one this decade.

As for Pakistan, its doing fine, JF17s stand far ahead to LCAs, Tejas, Mirages, Mig 29s and Mig Bisons.

Another gem! BTW LCA led to Tejas, so they are technically the same.

Also, PAF should look to induct a squadron of Mig 35s, via indirect deals with China to Russia, quite possibly? Or have deals with the Swedes and get two to three Squadrons of Gripen NG ? Or Rather, I would like Pakistan to go for the same Indian MMRCA Rafale fighters but in just two squardons, basically to dilute any Indian surprise threat if at all it happens. :chilli: :flame:

Quite an ambitious list we have here, don't we?

When we are dreaming, why not dream big? might as well add F-22 and B-2 to the list.

Anyways on topic, I hope EF gets selected, I like it over Rafale!

hmmm! Pakistanis voting for eurofighter as they fear facing mighty Rafael ?
Original Post By RayBan

Illogical question: MMRCA is more focused on Ground attack.. Rafel has better ground attack capabilities,... Once you neutralize enemy fighter planes (by Air superiority fighter), you need to do ground bombing, to destroy SAMs/Dams/bridge/factory... Air superiority fighter can't do it.. so we need a fighter with great ability to do ground bombing.... MMRCA was initially thought to fits in this category..

You are living in dreams, Future Aircraft definitely face each other, in WVR..there is no guarantee that BVR missiles will bring down same generation planes... As my friend mention here, I don see future for M-III and F7, They need to retire withing 5 or 10 years.. These will be replace by FC1.. FC1 was made to replace it.. J10 will replace and complement F16....

You donot know penny about Pakistan and China relationship, and the history to it, while coming on a Pakistani Forum from a rat hole, telling us what is the alliance between the two of our countries. Let me tell you, India's retardly offensive greedy regional power actions are one of the most important factors if not the only one. Further, India's lust to poke nose in others affairs to try to influence the region under its belly is something you would not class as "attacking" rather your supposed doctrine of "minimum deterrance". You suck, when you lie plainly.

Infact, if it hadn't been the case, and India acted like a nice puppy, China would have been India's best mate than Pakistan. Unfortunately, you lack the basic ingredients to remain a peaceful entity. Further, the aggressive retard India(Minimum deterrence goal) would not have wars with China (1962) and Pakistan(three+), or the usual act of being a macho-man of Asia bullying the Nepalis, Bengladeshis, Srilankans and on and on. India is all innocent, infact the most peaceful and most victimised country.

It was not Pakistan who blew up the Nuclear bombs first, it is not Pakistan who purchases hi-fi lethal equipment first in the region, it is not PAF who weans about every purchase IAF makes, infact the later one tries to go further to block purchases. Its not PAF who cries out loud by making videos like the "IAF loosing edge over PAF".

It was IAF the "attacker" and the "aggressor" which was shot twice by ANZA missiles capturing its pilots during the Kargil War(the latest war). PAF was never used inside Indian territory.

As I said before that human body has got nothing to do with your insignificant mosquito bites, the PAF and PLAAF the two arms are in hand in hand "mincing the mosquitoes"...enuff said.

Further, I would class "standards" as PAF "requirements" or "criterion", the J10s or J11s or the newly built J20s in PLAAF are not what PAF wants, IMO, specific upgrades are necessary to meet its criterion. And am in no position to discuss that at the moment.

What would you say, when China offered her J7s, J8s, J11s, J10 to sale and Pakistan has not accepted them and rather gone for the JF17s, would you class J7s, J8s as your stupid word "sub-standards". Or the latest 36 J10s deal offered to Pakistan were put on hold, while Pakistan is going ahead with the JF17s and the new joint venture of stealth ingredient "JF17 Stealth Thunder". Spare me your manipulation man.

Pakistan and China are here to stay, work together and as I said one human, two arms, hand in hand.

Pathetic... full of lies... We can discuss pak-sino relation and Indian aggression in other thread, better use this thread for MMRCA discussion.. :)

Mr.Asian Union You say that china and pak are working ahead with JF-17 and are creating JF-17 stealth thunder and I think the Next project would be an Invisible J-10 which be 10th generation and we wont be able anythng about it.I am damn sure it is you and not the pakistani and chinese governments who will be funding for the JF-17 Stealth Thunder and Invisible J-10 Super Fighter.what a hilarious sino-pak partnership.

Did he just say that the J-20, a 5th generation fighter, is not up to PAF standards???

What standards are you talking about buddy? You don't even have a 5th gen jet or plans to make one nor acquire one this decade.

And the snake comes to bite you. Okay, since you want classification, I would with regards to J20, a 5th Generation fighter say that it is above-standard that is PAF donot want it (at the moment) because it has to look if it can afford, induct in larger numbers, and effectively maintain. Plus PAF is already going through large modernization plans, so it is not PAF's requirement to have a new fighter jet at the moment, Happy.

Read post above, "number #819" to be able to get more idea.

:wave::wave::wave:

Mr.Asian Union You say that china and pak are working ahead with JF-17 and are creating JF-17 stealth thunder and I think the Next project would be an Invisible J-10 which be a 10th generation fighter and we wont be able to do anythng about it.I am damn sure it is you and not the pakistani and chinese governments who will be funding for the JF-17 Stealth Thunder and Invisible J-10 Super Fighter.keep up the good work.but still india zindabaad.

:rofl: What kind of person that may be? You said something same about US 25 years back when they supplied you lots of weapons. lol

Back
Top Bottom