What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it was only shortlisted to put pressure on the French, capability, or costwise the F18SH would have been a stronger competitior for Rafale.

I certainly think the same since F18SH is more proved than Eurofighter. We could have got better deal from the french then. :D

One reason I think it was only shortlisted to put pressure on the French, ..

EF is costly then rafale , i think rafale has shorlisted to put pressure on EF...
time will tell!!

the fact that it has no AESA radar, no IRST, limited avionics and no strike capability.
Eurofighter test-flew a prototype AESA radar for the IAF evaluation .
http://www.indian-military.org/news...7-rejected-mmrca-vendors-fight-to-return.html
IAF is monitoring the Libyan conflict

in libya even Tornado doing the same job , should IAF buy that..

Eurofighter test-flew a prototype AESA radar for the IAF evaluation .

in libya even Tornado doing the same job , should IAF buy that..

As I said, they flew the prototype AESA in Europe not in India, because operational German Luftwaffe fighters made the trials in India and they have the Captor M and are purly A2A fighters only.
Why should we, just buy the Rafale, because it does everything the RAF EF and Tornados does combined!

As I said, they flew the prototype AESA in Europe not in India, because operational German Luftwaffe fighters made the trials in India and they have the Captor M and are purly A2A fighters only.
Why should we, just buy the Rafale, because it does everything the RAF EF and Tornados does combined!

rafale just doing the job that Tornado doing in libya , that don't make any outstanding case of rafale in libya..
also , there is hardly any A2A engagment happened in libya where rafale could be judged for it's cambat capabilities...
so you should be restricting yourself on posting rafale advertisements on libyan coflict..

and just like the EF , rafale also flow a prototype AESA in mmrca trails..

rafale just doing the job that Tornado doing in libya , that don't make any outstanding case of rafale in libya..
also , there is hardly any A2A engagment happened in libya where rafale could be judged for it's cambat capabilities...
so you should be restricting yourself on posting rafale advertisements on libyan coflict..

and just like the EF , rafale also flow a prototype AESA in mmrca trails..

Read what I said once again, it does anything that EF + Tornado does jointly!
Btw, it's not my fault that the whole aviation press/media, even journalists that were against Rafale in the past, now are reporting only about its excellent performance in Libya, while it did most of it in Afghanistan as well, but this time one can really compare it to other fighters like EF and see the clear edge it has! ;)

Here is another one:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/4347-mrca-news-discussions-347.html#post1856462

And no, Rafale came to India with a ready developed RBE 2 AESA, the only fighter that was able to do so besides the US fighters!

2czr50m.jpg

2qiuvd5.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

258cyer.jpg

we should get deal for joint development of rafale upgrade with france....
otherwise rafale upgradation will end up like mirage2000..

Back
Top Bottom