What's new

India seeks full membership of SCO

SCO is not India's last chance,untill now it was not even a priority,though i am still unable to understand what prompted this move.

For example if India become a part of SCO,will it change the Chinese approach towards Pakistan,the answer is no.because Chinese policy towards Pakistan is independent of Indian involvement in SCO.

And this is the primary reason I dont consider SCO worthy for us because it cant help as removing many obstacles that are currently in front of us.

It is worthy so India went for,

Current regional situations & possible threat from Afghanistan didn't make you to think why India is seeking for permanent membership?
Joining SCO doesn't means to change approaches within relations.

One reads with interest the Non-Aligned line Indian friends are selling -- and it's curious because if this is non-aligned, it's news to the Americans, who engineered an exception to all policy to create space for India in the suppliers group, and of course who have promised to support India as a UNSC permanent member and of course there is the role in Afghanistan, the US patrons have crafted -- Indian friends speaking with forked tongue?

Anyways, it's not necessary to be on the back foot, India re energized about the SCO because should Pakistan become a member, it will be able to project a diplomatic voice in forum the India were not a part of, and so the Indian seek to avoid such a eventuality.

I am sorry i am only answering this post only as the other points you made have a different perspective about Indian diplomacy regarding other countries than me. Regarding a military alliance i posted earlier that India will sign a charter and any changes to that which may affect India's non aligned policy gives India right to withdraw from the SCO. So, these are speculative things lets wait for the future.Till then i see no harm in India joining SCO

Yes SCO doesn't target anyone but it doesn't mean it doesn't reserve the right to defend itself. So really, it depends on the scenario. It will remain to be non confrontational and emphasizes on regional stability; security, economy and energy needs - given they are not pushed into conflicts with the west. But it is too far fetched to draw up conclusions that this will or will not, one day, become a full fletched military alliance.

Well i might add that as you say India will have to bear with this isolation as you see a number of our deals in every field have come from the West. So, ya unfortunately we have to follow non aligned policy. :)

Yes, including a substantial decline in FDI, and I said that, India can get something from the West, will be less and less.

By the way that my personal opposition to India to join, if you can not provide enough things. In other words, if India can offer something, I will support India to join.

But it is too far fetched to draw up conclusions that this will or will not, one day, become a military alliance.

That is a certainly a possibility in the future.

Each individual member will have to sign a new contract though, in which they agree to become part of a military block.

Any uninterested parties (India, etc.) can just decline to sign the new contract.

Yes, including a substantial decline in FDI, and I said that, India can get something from the West, will be less and less.

By the way that my personal opposition to India to join, if you can not provide enough things. In other words, if India can offer something, I will support India to join.

Sorry brother too weak a point to alter current Indian policy.

1, you are a good person, you just want to pay, do not want to get anything.

By the way, controller of the Indian Ocean is the United States, other countries will pay the United States, not India.

About the first line,i still dont get you what you mean.

About second,US controls Indian ocean,though their are many who do not enjoy their presence here,India is a viable option for the,by acting to their interest India is not acting as a demon in front of US,neither by asking Ibdia help no one is irking US.

Once again we have complete access to those lanes irrespective of US presence here

2, all regional organizations and regional cooperation have lost its meaning in your words. you really understand what is regional cooperation?

Regional cooperation will finally lost its meaning if two completely incompatible nation's are brought into one pack,and that is currently going to happen with SCO if India joins it.

I dont think you still get the essence of my post.

Their are no problem if the organization is only limited upto economics and trade,but here SCI is claiming regional security.

Now tell me do India and China resolve the arunachal problem peacefully once India is part of the cooperation,the answer is no.

India also consider Pakistan the reason for its security related problem,and Pakistan consider India the reason for Baloch problem,is that going to be resolved once both nation's are part of the equation.

This is one reason why none of other organization's other than NATO are not at all effective,since it is the question of compatibility.

In my words regional cooperation's are still important only if it is limited to economics.

Finally a question which I earlier asked,can SCO influence Pakistan to open its supply route for us,if that is not happening what kind of regional cooperation are you claiming.

Sorry brother to weak a point to alter current Indian policy.

I'm not interested in changing a country's policies, such as India. If you can not have a proper understanding, I have no obligation to tell you.

About the first line,i still dont get you what you mean.

About second,US controls Indian ocean,though their are many who do not enjoy their presence here,India is a viable option for the,by acting to their interest India is not acting as a demon in front of US,neither by asking Ibdia help no one is irking US.

Once again we have complete access to those lanes irrespective of US presence here

Regional cooperation will finally lost its meaning if two completely incompatible nation's are brought into one pack,and that is currently going to happen with SCO if India joins it.

I dont think you still get the essence of my post.

Their are no problem if the organization is only limited upto economics and trade,but here SCI is claiming regional security.

Now tell me do India and China resolve the arunachal problem peacefully once India is part of the cooperation,the answer is no.

India also consider Pakistan the reason for its security related problem,and Pakistan consider India the reason for Baloch problem,is that going to be resolved once both nation's are part of the equation.

This is one reason why none of other organization's other than NATO are not at all effective,since it is the question of compatibility.

In my words regional cooperation's are still important only if it is limited to economics.

Finally a question which I earlier asked,can SCO influence Pakistan to open its supply route for us,if that is not happening what kind of regional cooperation are you claiming.

I give up the discussion and you, sir, that's not your problem, and that is my problem, I can not too much effort to explain so many things, fortunately, the time will replace me.

I'm not interested in changing a country's policies, such as India. If you can not have a proper understanding, I have no obligation to tell you.

Though you must say i am receiving you obligation with patience. I again repeat India will stay non-aligned no matter what any other country perceives its stance to be. Any changes in future in the SCO, entitles India to leave it.

It is worthy so India went for,

Current regional situations & possible threat from Afghanistan didn't make you to think why India is seeking for permanent membership?
Joining SCO doesn't means to change approaches within relations.

Frankly US is only one currently controlling the fate of Afghan,and yes definitely Pakistan,the rest of the world do not have any stakes in it,even if it want,one of those like India who are heavily interested to become a part of afghan strategy heavily rely on american presence on Afghan soil,it is the simple truth.

Though you must say i am receiving you obligation with patience. I again repeat India will stay non-aligned no matter what any other country perceives its stance to be. Any changes in future in the SCO, entitles India to leave it.

Fair enough.

I wonder why the Indian government had a sudden change of heart regarding the SCO though...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom