What's new

India, Saudi Arabia To Discuss Joint Weapon Projects

The thing is, we've been reading such articles for a while and nothing has materialized so far, the Al-Khalid deal, you yourself said that the Tank could have been modified to meet Saudi environment, but you also said it failed desert trials, how come Saudis couldn't fund the development of a engine that could be ideal for Saudi desert? Yet here we see Saudis signing a defense pact with our enemy for the joint cooperation for weapons projects in which Saudis will fund research and development of indian weapons.

Is this the only idea you for out of this "Fund"?? So we don't have scientists or Researchers or anything but we are just a bunch of Camel riders and beduins is that it?? Just fund?? I can safely say regarding Engine research we are even more Advanced than Pakistan so you don't need our "funds" what you need is our "know how". You need to learn to show respect first.

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

I agree with your logic Moosa.

I am glad because of your logic, you will not have any problem with Pakistan supporting the nuclear ambitions of Iran.

Just like you we will try to have good relationship with both Iran and Saudi Arabia.

I respect your understanding in this matter.

Isn't this what has been going on for a while now anyways?? You know A.Q Khan and all.

i dont understand this .....may be off topic but---Pakistan is always at the receiving end and always expects its donors to act according to Pakistan's interest rather than their own......you guys cant afford to order the arm(SA, US etc) that gives you....

Is this the only idea you for out of this "Fund"?? So we don't have scientists or Researchers or anything but we are just a bunch of Camel riders and beduins is that it??
What??? :what:, you yourself brought in bedouins and camel rider, don't complain about it later on.

Just fund??
Won't you be funding half of the projects since they will be joint ventures?

I can safely say regarding Engine research we are even more Advanced than Pakistan so you don't need our "funds" what you need is our "know how".
Well then, good for you, but my point is since your brought up the article of "Saudi, Pakistan Plan to Strengthen Defense Ties", i only replied to that.

You need to learn to show respect first.
And i never disrespected anyone, at least not intentionally.

What??? :what:, you yourself brought in bedouins and camel rider, don't complain about it later on.

Won't you be funding half of the projects since they will be joint ventures?

Well then, good for you, but my point is since your brought up the article of "Saudi, Pakistan Plan to Strengthen Defense Ties", i only replied to that.

And i never disrespected anyone, at least not intentionally.

Okay Desert Fox I speak to you from man to man.
Do you really think that if a war was to break between Pakistan and India KSA will support India over Pakistan?? Do you really think that this is even remotely possible??

Okay now I ask you since you see that we signed with both Pakistan and India don't you think that this is ultimately good for us and even good for both of us. Because in one hand and I am being country selfish here we get access to both of yours technologies which will means a huge post to our defense industry that's one.

Two don't you think that it is good that whatever India knows we know and thus Pakistan Knows and vice versa meaning that perhaps peace can be achieved between the two parties since even Nukes didn't stop you two.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

And yes you were a bit disrespectful by implying that the only thing we can do is "Fund". We have more than money now so learn to deal with it.

Good move by both the countries, I hope people here can see the bigger picture, the more countries India engages with in defense and trade will reduce chances of war between India/Pakistan/ China automatically owing to the diplomatic pressures from these countries on the warring parties to find a diplomatic solution. India will be answerable to many countries for its policies. Decisions will be taken keeping in mind all aspects of relations between these countries and between Pk and china. Would prove counter productive to India cos it will have to keep these countries in its line of thought for all its actions. But that's the price one pays to engage a number of entities.

Do you really think that if a war was to break between Pakistan and India KSA will support India over Pakistan?? Do you really think that this is even remotely possible??

Thats a valid point and will define the extent of partnership btw India and KSA, KSA will have to give us more confidence that this won't happen for the full extent of the defense partnership to take effect.

Two don't you think that it is good that whatever India knows we know and thus Pakistan Knows and vice versa meaning that perhaps peace can be achieved between the two parties since even Nukes didn't stop you two.

Both India and Pakistan will be wary of this, so KSA will have to be more forthright with its intentions.

Good news, maybe they can fund some of our ongoing projects. Or maybe that's too much to ask for. :D

Wow this is mind boggling development......Saudi Arabia and INdia conducting joint projects would be a game changer. The biggest problem for India is funding though many would think otherwise. On top of that access to the latest American tech which Saudis have is bound to help any future projects. The kingdom's unlimited resources and dilema of reliance on foreign tech simimlar to India is positive direction for both nations......Damn this is a great development......Actually one of the best news I have heard in a long, long time. Damn....kudos to AK Anthony. No wonder the guy was extremely pleased with this visit.

I am somewhat surprised that Saudis would choose Indians after all India is hardly known for its success stories with Arjun and Teja etc. Hopefully it will encourage Pakistan to move away from KSA influence and draw Iran and Pakistan closer

YOur media consistently downplays India's achievements. India is rising, wake up. The key issue to all these projects is cash flow. YOu pump in more cash, I guarantee India will cut production time and turn out some stellar projects..

The thing is, we've been reading such articles for a while and nothing has materialized so far, the Al-Khalid deal, you yourself said that the Tank could have been modified to meet Saudi environment, but you also said it failed desert trials, how come Saudis couldn't fund the development of a engine that could be ideal for Saudi desert? Yet here we see Saudis signing a defense pact with our enemy for the joint cooperation for weapons projects in which Saudis will fund research and development of indian weapons.

That is not true. Indian and Saudi scientists will collaborate to manufacture systems that will be good for both countries. Their share in funding might be higher , because they are richer , but they won't just give us free money to develop weapons , as you suggest.

Okay Desert Fox I speak to you from man to man.

First of all, funding our enemies military projects will relieve them of most of the burden for funding the project themselves, which they can allocate for other research. Secondly, Saudi cooperation is indirectly supporting our enemy, unless you think that those weapons you and your new ally will be producing won't be used against Pakistan in event of a war??

Okay now I ask you since you see that we signed with both Pakistan and India don't you think that this is ultimately good for us and even good for both of us. Because in one hand and I am being country selfish here we get access to both of yours technologies which will means a huge post to our defense industry that's one.
Not really, most of what we have you are not interested in, mostly due to the fact that since Pakistan has a small defense budget therefore we have less to offer in certain fields, unlike indian which is spending billions of R&D while at the same time purchasing 70% of its weapons from Western countries as well as Russia, they have access to the best tech unlike Pakistan.

You have a point, however this is only a speculation, we don't know the reality behind this "defense pact", so far the only thing keeping Pakistan and india from going at each others throats was the Strategic Balance, which india has upset by building up its Army, Navy, Air force, and strategic forces as well, add to that American and now Saudi joint cooperation.

And yes you were a bit disrespectful by implying that the only thing we can do is "Fund". We have more than money now so learn to deal with it.

Well, honestly tell me, what does Saudi have to offer to india when it comes to defense research and development that india doesn't already have?

An industrial base? But india already has that.

Scientists and engineers who are experts in the field of defense R&D? But india already has them in large numbers, on top of that israeli assistance, Russian assistance, French assistance, German assistance, they have the input from the best of the best the world has to offer, do you honestly think Saudis can provide indians input far better than those of Israelis, Russians, French, American, British, and Germans??

The only thing Saudis can offer is $$$ and oil, i'm not trying to be rude or racist or arrogant, yes Saudis have made a lot of strides in recent years, but india has been in this field for way to long, even NASA has a lot of indian scientists and experts, not to mention india can launch its own Sat into orbit. They even have their own jet program even though they have suffered a lot of setbacks but they have made improvements.

As much as i despise the indians, they sure are a shrewd and determined adversary.

[/B]

That is not true. Indian and Saudi scientists will collaborate to manufacture systems that will be good for both countries. Their share in funding might be higher , because they are richer , but they won't just give us free money to develop weapons , as you suggest.

Lets discuss facts, what past experience do the Saudis have in the field of defense R&D that they can offer to india?

What will you possibly know? It's not like the Saudis will get involved with the next gen stealth destroyers, stealth frigates, stealth jet fighters, Aircraft Carriers, nuclear subs, tanks, IFVs, Ballistic missiles(or any other types of missiles),Ballistic Missile Defense Program, etc, etc, etc.

At best its small arms or armored humvee type vehicles. Maybe even UAVs.

USA, saudi and china were the good friends of pakistan in past.

India took on usa, and pakistan went away from them.
India looks on the path of taking on saudis now and reading the comments here it looks like pakistan wants to be away from saudis as well.
India will in future also be in good terms with china as both being the developing powers and potential super powers.

That leaves pakistan all alone, may be north korea to shoulder em .

Lets discuss facts, what past experience do the Saudis have in the field of defense R&D that they can offer to india?

Well, i don't really have an answer to that , since i don't know much about saudi defence industry. Though there was a thread recently about saudi arabian weapons.
Here you go.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/156923-made-saudi-arabia.html
Now whether they actually did R&D or just paid money and got the technology is anyone's guess

Back
Top Bottom