What's new

India’s vanishing Parsis

There were 3-4 major scripts. Old Persian, Middle Persian, Neo Persian, Pahlavi etc. As Shahin said, in terms of spoken dialects, there are many. There are many Indian Iroons who still speak Dari for instance ..... said to have been developed as a secret code so the Arabs would not understand what was being said. :)

I'm sure there will be a way man. If Islam and Christianity can spread across the globe, across ethnic and language and race barriers, Zoroastrianism for sure can bridge the same people once again, across two great ancient civilizations.

That's quite a statement from one of the most foul mouthed, foam-at-the-mouth bigots on this forum. You can't go two days without bloviating and foaming at the mouth against Arabs, Islam and whatnot.

I'm really sorry you feel that way man. Do other Pakistanis also feel the same way about me?

Somehow I feel strangely let down.

Am I becoming what I have always fought against?

A Zoroastrian mulla?

I'm really sorry you feel that way man. Do other Pakistanis also feel the same way about me?

Somehow I feel strangely let down.

Am I becoming what I have always fought against?

A Zoroastrian mulla?

You are one of the better members in my opinion when you stay away from your anti-Islam soapbox. But when you get on top of that soapbox, it's Jekyll and Hyde time...

I can understand your frustration and anger at what happened all those centuries ago, but it gets over the top sometimes.

When you address this phenomenon has "myth" its not based on reality brother. You are too insecure about the fact that Iranians moving to their roots. As i told my remarks are based on interactions with the Iranian community.
This thread is not about Islam, so I will be brief. Yes, as a Shia, I can tell you that Shia Islam is much more "permissive" in many ways (not so in others). Sunnis in general, and Arabs in particular, are much more strict about observances, especially saying five prayers on time every day, etc.

Anyway, the only reason I commented in this thread was to dispel some of the myths being propounded, especially since Iran or Muslims were never part of the original topic in the first place. Given the harsh regime of the mullahs, it is expected that people will say things, out of frustration, about millions of people doing this or that. The reality, however, is that we see no evidence of such extreme trends in the expat Iranian community free of the mullah's rules. Once free of the repressive regime, people tend to calm down.

When you address this phenomenon has "myth" its not based on reality brother. You are too insecure about the fact that Iranians moving to their roots. As i told my remarks are based on interactions with the Iranian community.

You are welcome to continue believing what you want. I believe actual, demonstrated trends rather than claims borne out of frustration under the mullahs' harsh regime. Once again, the expat Iranians free to "revert" are not doing so in the alleged droves.

This is not to say that people aren't converting; there's a certain amount of churn at all times, but there is no evidence of any massive reversion.

I can understand your frustration and anger at what happened all those centuries ago, but it gets over the top sometimes.

I won't deny that my feelings and views are mine alone and not a put on.

Just that more times than not, the "over the top" part is mainly to rile you guys.

So you "understand" what all the parsis underwent thousand years back right my friend? That way you acknowledge the cruelty behind the invasion and subsequent subjugation and conversion. The sadness and anguish of a people when a foreign culture and ideology was forced upon by them. Now when a member of the same community speaks a bit "anti" about the same ideology whats wrong in it. Dont you think we should support this "parsi jihad".
You are one of the better members in my opinion when you stay away from your anti-Islam soapbox. But when you get on top of that soapbox, it's Jekyll and Hyde time...

Dont you think we should support this "parsi jihad".

That is never going to happen.

Not by a sub-continental Muslim - Indian or Pakistani or Bangladeshi.

Not even after the fact that we have been brothers for over a thousand years.

Because in the sub-continent (more than anywhere else in the world) its always Islam first and brother next.

So you "understand" what all the parsis underwent thousand years back right my friend? That way you acknowledge the cruelty behind the invasion and subsequent subjugation and conversion. The sadness and anguish of a people when a foreign culture and ideology was forced upon by them. Now when a member of the same community speaks a bit "anti" about the same ideology whats wrong in it. Dont you think we should support this "parsi jihad".

This will open a can of worms, so I will just let it be. This thread should be to showcase the Indian Parsi community and I'd rather let it return to topic.

Yes thats true! when the reality is addressed it will open a can of worms. So even after understanding the feeling of parsis still you do not want to make a statement about your support of parsis. We should only speak about the freedom and rights of Palestinians and Kashmiris. Lets not talk about parsis, it will open a can of worms.

Sorry for being little off topic. One of the potential solution for the extinction of the parsis is to have a increasing number of their counterparts in Iran. Thats why we had to discuss about Iranians and their orientation.

This will open a can of worms, so I will just let it be. This thread should be to showcase the Indian Parsi community and I'd rather let it return to topic.

Sorry for being little off topic. One of the potential solution for the extinction of the parsis is to have a increasing number of their counterparts in Iran. Thats why we had to discuss about Iranians and their orientation.

In your own way you have opened a new can of worms and I thank you for that.

Simply marrying and inter-breeding with Iranian Zoroastrians is not going to help Parsis survive.

Because the two are not inter-changeable.

Even when the Iroons during the Qajjars came 300 years ago, initially there was a big fuss about inter-marrying amongst the Parsis and them.

Over time both sides kind of relented - because neither had much choice at the time to be honest. Its not like we have a few million to pick and choose from.

The Irons have a quaint custom of the young bachelor going with a lantern in the middle of the night to look for his future bride. Its uncomfortably close to the home truth .....

Being a Parsi is much more than being a Zoroastrian of Persian origin. It is the whole caboodle - inclusive of our Indian culture and language and food and sense of humor and triggers and heroes and angst and whatever else it is that makes a Parsi a Parsi.

Ditto for an Iranian Zoroastrian.

So when it comes to the survival of the faith, we do not have much of a doubt. By the look of things, it seems to be in safe hands in the land and people of its birth.

What we and this topic is talking about is the survival of the Parsis. And that is far from a given.

There is no sense in just going after numbers, if we dilute what it means to us and the world what it is to be PARSI.

No single element can be selectively left out. Cultural indoctrination has to accompany spiritual indoctrination. While preserving the bloodlines.

Yes thats true! when the reality is addressed it will open a can of worms. So even after understanding the feeling of parsis still you do not want to make a statement about your support of parsis. We should only speak about the freedom and rights of Palestinians and Kashmiris. Lets not talk about parsis, it will open a can of worms.

It's got nothing to do with being afraid of facts, and I won't waste my time explaining my decision to you. You will, I am sure, believe whatever suits your fancy.

Around 20% of the population decline is due to emigration (to the West), so having Zoroastrians in another country is not an issue.

Do you fellows know any sweet Parsi or Irani girls for me :angel:

I am a banker, 30, do not smoke, pub occasionally, am 5'10", not bad looking, still have all my hair, no specs, do not live with my parents.

vsdoc bhai koi cche tamara orkhaan maan :D

Do you fellows know any sweet Parsi or Irani girls for me :angel:

I am a banker, 30, do not smoke, pub occasionally, am 5'10", not bad looking, still have all my hair, no specs, do not live with my parents.

vsdoc bhai koi cche tamara orkhaan maan :D

Any day bro. I'll set you up.

But most are my wife's contacts, so if you screw up, I'm screwed. :)

P.S. Can you recite for me the first kusti prayer please? Just checking ...... :angel:

Any day bro. I'll set you up.

But most are my wife's contacts, so if you screw up, I'm screwed. :)

P.S. Can you recite for me the first kusti prayer please? Just checking ...... :angel:

Su bhai, tamme to doubt karva laga manne :eek:

jasame avanghe mazda jasame avanghe mazda jasame avanghe mazda
mazdayasno ahmi mazdayasno zarathushtrish
fravarane astuetascha fravaetascha
astue humatem mano astue hukatem vacho
astue hvrashtem shyothanem
astue denam vanghuim mazdayasnim
fraspaiokhedram nidhasnaitheshem
khetvadatham ashaonim
ya haitinamcha bushentinamcha
mazishtacha vahishtacha sreshtacha
ya ahurish zarathushtrish
ahurai mazdai vispa vohu chinami
aesha asti deniyao mazdayasnoish astuaetish

ashem vohu vahishte masti ushrta ast ushta ahmai yadashai vahishtai ashem

Jow internet thi copy bhi nathi keedhiyu.

Ave ek majeni unchi gori chokri thi melavo manne please :D

Back
Top Bottom