What's new

India’s secret ICBM ambitions

Still snooping around, looking for posts by silly Pakistani kids telling PA to nuke USA, then posting them on worldaffairsboard and passing them off as the views of the average Pakistani?
An average Pakistani Citizen's Perception on War with the US
You must be so proud of yourself, trying to mislead Westerners. I guess if you guys can't beat Pakistan yourselves, you have to get the rest of the world on your side to help you.
Erroneous comment.
I do snoop here, but that's because there are some serious posters available with realistic information and candid personal view points. Bantering silly Pakistani kids doesn't actually appeals me...time just doesn't allow.

Coming to the point, I posted that particular article not because it was a nice recipee for GoP bashing or that I as an Indian wanted an opportunity to get the west routing in India's favour vis-a-vis GoP. It cought my attention because it came from not some "silly Pakistani kid", but from a military professional and more important from the rank of a Brigadier. You won't understant my interest or my dismay bacause you don't know me. This gentleman is in essance a General though the PA doesn't use the common western military nomenclature of "Brigadier General", hence the interest and dismay

Last edited by a moderator:
hj786 said:
Still snooping around, looking for posts by silly Pakistani kids telling PA to nuke USA, then posting them on worldaffairsboard and passing them off as the views of the average Pakistani?
An average Pakistani Citizen's Perception on War with the US
You must be so proud of yourself, trying to mislead Westerners. I guess if you guys can't beat Pakistan yourselves, you have to get the rest of the world on your side to help you.
Erroneous comment.
I do snoop here, but that's because there are some serious posters available with realistic information and candid personal view points. Bantering silly Pakistani kids doesn't actually appeals me...time just doesn't allow.

Coming to the point, I posted that particular article not because it was a nice recipee for GoP bashing or that I as an Indian wanted an opportunity to get the west routing in India's favour vis-a-vis GoP. It cought my attention because it came from not some "silly Pakistani kid", but from a military professional and more important from the rank of a Brigadier. You won't understant my interest or my dismay bacause you don't know me. This gentleman is in essance a General though the PA doesn't use the common western military nomenclature of "Brigadier General", hence the interest and dismay.

How is it an erroneous comment? You are clearly trying to show the Westerners who frequent the worldaffairsboard that the "average Pakistani" (your own words) is an insane extremist fool who wants to nuke israel and US bases. I don't need to know you, you said it yourself in your posts.

You are almost right, your BS won't get very far into my cerebral cortex because you are a deceitful individual who is more than happy to use half-truths and lies to further your own (anti-Pakistan) cause and I would not trust a single word from you.

I wonder if I will be on the recieving end of some more "cerebral cortex" related comments? You aren't the first and you certainly won't be the last person to try insulting me in this manner.

Tell me, are you still posting on World Affairs Board that "PA commanders are whiskey drinkers who speak the queen's english"?
Also, are you really an ex-Indian military man? You certainly seem to be indoctrinated like one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if they drink whiskey and speak queens language wat is that to others..They fight bravely and have proved their worth..one pakistani is worth 10 indians..

AM,
The kid is somehow missing on the implications of SCO's turning radicals. This applies for all militaries, not necessarily PA. Its also a dangerous trend because cadre loyalities tend to proliferate down the rank and file. This can turn a otherwise professional military into a radicalised militia. One can not fail to note the changes in the PA psyche, pre and post General Zia. Banter or otherwise, I personally believe that the citizen and specially the civilians cleary see and understand their country's military psyche and take a note if one happens to see aberrations.

Edit:
The whiskey and queens english is not a banter, its a fact and not a figment of imagination. I have personally shared a scotch or two. Nothing wrong imo.

Last edited:
Even if they drink whiskey and speak queens language wat is that to others..They fight bravely and have proved their worth..one pakistani is worth 10 indians..
True!!!
That makes the PA 7 times bigger than the IA.

An alert enemy is more dangerous than one with d illusion...
I think your enemy is very lucky..

Deltacamelately
u know how to calculate...Thanks.Yeah.we r obviously stonger.The pakistanis r united n efficient.n v ve better training n talent.Also v r warriors of Islam.dunno abt u guys.hehe .If u check the military history u will see that m right..PAF vs IAF in 1971 or IA vs PA in 65 or 71

India to fire 5,000 km range Agni missile by December 2010

India will develop a nuclear capable missile with a range of over 5,000 km as part of the Agni series by December next year, the country's top defence scientist has said. Revealing for the first time that the 5,000 km plus range missile, dubbed Agni 3 + will be ready for trials by 2010, DRDO Chief M Natarajan has said that work is already on to add a third engine to the Agni 3 missile that has already been successfully test fired.

With the new missile, India will be able to reach targets as far as Europe and will for the first time have the capability to reach any part of China. Till now, the 3,500 km plus Agni III has been the longest-range nuclear capable missile with India. Natarajan said that work is already on to add a third stage to the Agni III missile and he was confident that a 'technology demonstrator' will be ready by "December 2010".

It is funny to see ABCD (Indians in the US) trying to desperately cut down the range of India's ICBMs to 8500 km.

1. India already test fired Agni III technology demonstrator. Agni III is an ICBM. Range depends on the payload. 50 % reduction in payload can double the range. Main stream media is usually given the maximum payload data.

Agni III range goes like this. source : Arun vishvakarma (Bharat Rakshak)

3500 km @ 1500 kg

7000 km @ 700 kg

14,000 km @ 350 kg (Thermo-nuclear payload )

Thermo-nuclear payload -less weight but more yield. 200 to 300 kilotons.

2. Since Agni III itself is an ICBM why are we going for Agni V. Good question.

If you look at the payload for Agni III, it is only 700 kg for 7000 km. Agni V will carry heavier payload than Agni III.

3. Then why Agni V, instead of Agni IV. Again good question. Agni III will have 3 different versions. Agni III A, B, C. Different versions will carry different payloads and based on the threat perception, I am sure one of the versions will have a payload with ICBM range. (lets say more than 14,000 km). Sorry Indian folks in the US. You got to understand that, as far as Indian strategic weapons are concerned, it is not a two sum game.The ability to reach all corners of a potential challenger, requires a missile range of between 5,000 to 15,000 km.

Neither pakistanis :pakistan:nor Americans :usflag:have to worry about Agni III. It is mainly for china :china:. Russians don't have to worry either.

Well to me India having +15000km range is nothing new. Surya class ICBM were always probable having a range of 20000km or so. But I do regard all this as very longterm ideas & let me be be very clear that whatever be the conditions PAKISTAN will get ICBM beforehand if they get the slightest peek that Indians are preparing their ICBM no matter the range it has got. Check out the following article
India’s ICBM On a “Glide Path” to Trouble.zip

There is no such thing as "surya"

It is funny to see when people don't find the word surya for the missiles, they assume that India does not have an ICBM yet.

well surya story is to divert the attention of stupid mainstream media and western countries.

To reveal further, India did not even wait for Agni III ICBM. Way before that , Agni II (AT) an extended version of Agni II missile was test fired with a range of 4500 km @ 1500 kg. Cut down 50 % of payload, Agni II (AT) can reach whole of Europe and china. 9000 km @ 700 kg.

Now expect Agni V with a huge payload !!

India's ICBM ambitions are not a secret. A country that has the capability of plotting the most inexpensive route to the moon and propel a rocket that far (24000 miles) cannot develop a rocket that goes out of earth's orbit and reenters after 10000 miles? Is this a joke?

India is waiting for a right time to showcase its ICBM, just like it knew when to showcase its IRBM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom