What's new

India’s secret ICBM ambitions

Why will the world feel more threatened by North Korean or Iranian missiles and less threatened by Indian long range nuclear missiles?

The reason they dont is testament to India's reputation!

the rationale for making such a weapon - is it a status symbol?

The reason why the SLV has been decommissioned and hasn't been converted into an ICBM as of yet. Not that they cant!

I see my comment on parity with Pakistan offended you. that was not my intention, but isn't that the reality? Today Pakistan have nuclear deterrence and in effect have neutralized your conventional / numerical superiority.

Not at all. On the contrary, India understands the consequences of using nuclear weapons on the regions' well being. That being said, it wouldn't be in the best interests of everyone concerned - including China- to provoke any trigger happy deranged rouge in charge of nukes, which according to Pakistani govt's first use doctrine says a lot! None of the south Asian countries want radioactive clouds blowing over their territory and neither does China, for that matter the whole world. Can you imagine how the world - including your BFF China - would react if Pakistan decided on lobbying a couple of nukes into India? Any guesses as to why China didnt support Pakistan during the Kargil war?

Are you calling me a whiner?

Take a guess on who I call whiners!
BTW reading from your other posts arent you an ABCD albeit of Pakistani origin? No offense meant, but AFAIK and have seen, ABCDs dont 'get' the intricacies of subcontinental politics, and neither do they understand the US's views in such matters!

~ Moriarty

Last edited:
United States will not let India have the ICBM period. It will send India to the stone age.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but India does have ICBMs. Its only a matter of dressing them up with warheads instead of scientific payloads. USA did try to deny us the technology through sanctions, but ISRO did find a way to bypass those sanctions through a combination of indigenous R&D and JV's.
BTW what interst does US have in sending India to the stone age?

~ Moriarty

The reason they dont is testament to India's reputation!
India's reputation? Sorry I don't get it. It is 6 AM, I'll try again after my first cuppa joe.

Not at all. On the contrary, India understands the consequences of using nuclear weapons on the regions' well being.
Glad to hear, but hard to believe after reading some of the testosterone fueled statements on this forum

Take a guess on who I call whiners!
BTW reading from your other posts arent you an ABCD albeit of Pakistani origin? No offense meant, but AFAIK and have seen, ABCDs dont 'get' the intricacies of subcontinental politics, and neither do they understand the US's views in such matters!
I guess I really need that coffee now, I've compeletely lost you :undecided:

friends be realistic
if india wants to build an icbm it can do it in days even hours i guess just have a look at the space launch rockets they posses just make minor adjustments and an icbm is ready
so no need to create a huge fuss about this secret thing the only reason they do ot do it is because the west would not view it in a positive manner and also the space co-operation treaty between india and the us prevents it fro incorporating space technology into its military otherwise the technical help from nasa will cease.

thanks

friends be realistic
if india wants to build an icbm it can do it in days even hours i guess just have a look at the space launch rockets they posses just make minor adjustments and an icbm is ready
so no need to create a huge fuss about this secret thing the only reason they do ot do it is because the west would not view it in a positive manner and also the space co-operation treaty between india and the us prevents it fro incorporating space technology into its military otherwise the technical help from nasa will cease.

thanks

exactly
and an ICBM' s useless and something that'd go against our reputation.we have a good space porgram...it's our first priority...there's no way we'd make it suffer by pursuing the dreams of an ICBM.the space program is an asset..the ICBM would be a liabilty...

exactly
and an ICBM' s useless and something that'd go against our reputation.we have a good space porgram...it's our first priority...there's no way we'd make it suffer by pursuing the dreams of an ICBM.the space program is an asset..the ICBM would be a liabilty...

I'm glad, whatever the rationale, I'd much rather India use her scientific genius for finding a cure for cancer or discover an alternative fuel.....reverse global warming...

I rest my case

I'm glad, whatever the rationale, I'd much rather India use her scientific genius for finding a cure for cancer or discover an alternative fuel.....reverse global warming...

I rest my case

yeah did you hear about the controversial indo-german ferrite experiment off the Atlantic coast to reverse global warming btw?

yeah did you hear about the controversial indo-german ferrite experiment off the Atlantic coast to reverse global warming btw?

Why controversial? Sounds interesting, do you have a link? Thank you

India has an understated ballistic missile capability. With the last Agni built with Israeli help, they can already do 4500 km. That was the range first made public and then retracted. A 2m-diameter rocket should do more than 3000 km if Indians have access to even one-generation-behind solid motor technology.

Having said that, their current space rockets could not really be used as BMs. They're large and take hours of fueling out in the open. Some engines are cryogenic and liquid hydrogen and oxygen have to be prepared and stored in advance. Franky no BM has ever used cryogenic engines. The rockets are very large and need an elaborate transport infrastructure, which could be targeted. And lastly, there aren't so many of them to be of military use, they're making about a couple of rockets per year.

Indian SLVs could nevertheless be used as FOBS (think space bomber) as a measure of desperation.

India has an understated ballistic missile capability. With the last Agni built with Israeli help, they can already do 4500 km. That was the range first made public and then retracted. A 2m-diameter rocket should do more than 3000 km if Indians have access to even one-generation-behind solid motor technology.

Having said that, their current space rockets could not really be used as BMs. They're large and take hours of fueling out in the open. Some engines are cryogenic and liquid hydrogen and oxygen have to be prepared and stored in advance. Franky no BM has ever used cryogenic engines. The rockets are very large and need an elaborate transport infrastructure, which could be targeted. And lastly, there aren't so many of them to be of military use, they're making about a couple of rockets per year.

Indian SLVs could nevertheless be used as FOBS (think space bomber) as a measure of desperation.

FYI, Prithvi took 12 hrs to be ready, back in 1990s. Agni on the other hand can be made battle ready in 15 minutes. Get your facts right.

India's reputation?

I don't expect you to understand that now. FTW why was a nuclear treaty flatly refused to Pakistan while every NPT signatory wants to signup with India? 'It's got to do with 'repustation' baby'!

Glad to hear, but hard to believe after reading some of the testosterone fueled statements on this forum

That's strange, because I have rarely ever read any member from India proposing to fry Pakistan - such people usually get the boot on this forum. On the contrary, we both know that based on their posts, some of our respected members from Pakistan or of Pakistani origin would love to "play the fiddle if India burns"! Fortunately for Pakistan and South Asia, they don't have their trigger happy fingers anywhere near those switches!

~ Moriarty

Last edited:
Do you want the missile to take one full round around the Earth before hitting India??

Pa ji, nice one. Lol started my day with a healthy dose of laughter! Only a sardar can come up with such oneliners!

~Moriarty

I don't expect you to understand that now. FTW why was a nuclear treaty flatly refused to Pakistan while every NPT signatory wants to signup with India? 'It's got to do with 'repustation' baby'!

That's strange, because I have rarely ever read any member from India proposing to fry Pakistan - such people usually get the boot on this forum. On the contrary, we both know that based on their posts, some of our respected members from Pakistan or of Pakistani origin would love to "play the fiddle if India burns"! Fortunately for Pakistan and South Asia, they don't have their trigger happy fingers anywhere near those switches!

~ Moriarty
Actually, it's the other way round.The same evil people have allowed you to post here..and then there is Indian Defence Forums where they abuse Pakistani use racist language and want to nuke Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom