What's new

India’s secret ICBM ambitions

You people can only beat uninformed and immature kids. Why would that hurt me?

Of course, you are right. Afterall to you guys, all Pakistanis, not just the kids, are evil people who want to destroy everybody with nuclear weapons, you just need to convince everybody else in the world of this "fact" too. :lol:

You can't even show me where a single one of my "fellows" who is mature and knowledgable has "clapped for the childish comments," can you?

Sure I can. Here is an example -

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...incapable-action-against-terror-pranab-6.html

would you care to take a look at post #77 an #80??

Seriously, such jokes are expected from high-school level children.

I don't want to debate on this issue, but why don't you just advice those 'kiddies' instead of shouting on Indian members??

Sure I can. Here is an example -

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...incapable-action-against-terror-pranab-6.html

would you care to take a look at post #77 an #80??

Seriously, such jokes are expected from high-school level children.

I don't want to debate on this issue, but why don't you just advice those 'kiddies' instead of shouting on Indian members??

Nothing wrong with those posts - the intent was very clearly humor.

What Hj786 has pointed out though refers to a deliberate attempt to vilify and denigrate Pakistanis by using the comments of some individuals out of context, and portraying them as the views of 'average Pakistanis'.

But as I said above,

BACK TO TOPIC

Last edited:
If this happens will Pakistan surprise india like we did in 1998 because i think india wants to join this big 5 club on icbm USA-russia-China-Korea

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG.THE ONLY COUNTRIES HAVING ICBM ARE USA-RUSSIA-CHINA AND FRANCE.THE NORTH KOREA TEST WAS A COMPLETE FAILURE.

Could you share a few of those ICBM's with us? That will keep India under control.

I think the time has come to allow the 5 night duty constables in that Assam border village to capture Bangladesh. It has become difficult to restrain them after this idiocy. :lol:

I wont go into the details of an ICBM, but for all purposes - practical and theoretical - Indian space launch vehicles with a warhead in place of a satellite payload are ICBMs.
That was the reason why the cryogenic engine technology was denied post "Pokharan II" and India subsequently developed this technology.
Now people, a country which can send a probe into space, let alone the moon, can very easily convert the same launch vehicles and deploy warheads instead of satellites.
That being said, I read somewhere quite sometime ago that ISRO was developing re-entry technology. Take a wild guess what its other use can be!

Edit: ISRO has already demonstrated this re-entry technology with SRE-1. More tests are in the works for future planned manned missions.

Weaponizing a space launch vehicle into a missile is little more than a welder's job.

~ Moriarty

Last edited:
I wont go into the details of an ICBM, but for all purposes - practical and theoretical - Indian space launch vehicles with a warhead in place of a satellite payload are ICBMs.
That was the reason why the cryogenic engine technology was denied post "Pokharan II" and India subsequently developed this technology.
Now people, a country which can send a probe into space, let alone the moon, can very easily convert the same launch vehicles and deploy warheads instead of satellites.
That being said, I read somewhere quite sometime ago that ISRO was developing re-entry technology. Take a wild guess what its other use can be!

Edit: ISRO has already demonstrated this re-entry technology with SRE-1. More tests are in the works for future planned manned missions.

Weaponizing a space launch vehicle into a missile is little more than a welder's job.

~ Moriarty

Weaponizing your nuclear program had an undesirable side effect for you - instant parity with Pakistan! I have no doubt that you can quickly build an ICBM with the help of a welder and some masking tape. But to what end? are you doing this to make friends and influence people?:crazy:

Think about cause and effect as soon as India develops an ICBM's a dozen nuclear armed nations will point their missile at India. I know what you're going to say, we'll point a few missiles right back at them..any of this sound fimiliar? (Hint: US - USSR):coffee:

Weaponizing your nuclear program had an undesirable side effect for you - instant parity with Pakistan! I have no doubt that you can quickly build an ICBM with the help of a welder and some masking tape. But to what end? are you doing this to make friends and influence people?:crazy:

Think about cause and effect as soon as India develops an ICBM's a dozen nuclear armed nations will point their missile at India. I know what you're going to say, we'll point a few missiles right back at them..any of this sound fimiliar? (Hint: US - USSR):coffee:

Hey Texan,

You totally missed my point here. I not going to speculate as to the consequences of developing the launch vehicles into missiles - which I can assure you that there are none for India atleast! BTW there are professionals for that. FYI, the US authorities know the dual uses of Space launch vehicles, and they were fully aware of our capabilities once we launched our first launch vehicle back in the late 70's or 80's. We already had ICBM capability then! This ain't about weaponizing nukes, its about ICBMs. Once we had our nukes, it was China and not Pakistan which we are compared to! Dream on about Pakistan!

People here were discussing on how it would be difficult for India to acquire ICBM capability considering a few failed missile tests in the recent past. However many experienced/knowledgeable people know that offshoots of space programs have dual uses, that's the reason for concern expressed by many countries by today's launch by the Iranians.

Let me tell you this, ISRO - the Indian space reseach organization is very civilian in its makeup, while the DRDO - Indian defence rsearch org as the name suggests is purely for military applications!

And as if the world powers don't have any nukes pointed at India following Pokharan I back in '74! FTW every nuke power has nukes pointed at every other nuke power except for Pakistan, which has its nukes pointed only at India!

Did that stop us from carrying out the tests in '98? Did it stop us from developing our space launch vehicles? Did it stop us and the US govt from signing that Nuclear deal - inspite of not being a signatory to the NPT/CTBT? NOPE!

I am amazed at how you don't know these facts!

Like I said, turning a launch vehicle into an ICBM is little more than a welder's job. There's nothing else whiners can do.

~ Moriarty

Do we need ICBM?
Yes
Can we make them?
Yes
when we going to test them?
Not any time soon, we have have friendly relations with rest of world except few states around us so by testing we don't wanna start new diplomatic row where the rest of world will start coming after our ICBM, there are no permanent Friends r enemy in world state so we need to make our self strong enough that we can tackle adversary from any part of the world for that we need ICBM hence we have the ambition of it.

Hey Texan,

You totally missed my point here. I not going to speculate as to the consequences of developing the launch vehicles into missiles - which I can assure you that there are none for India atleast!

Why will the world feel more threatened by North Korean or Iranian missiles and less threatened by Indian long range nuclear missiles?

BTW there are professionals for that. FYI, the US authorities know the dual uses of Space launch vehicles, and they were fully aware of our capabilities once we launched our first launch vehicle back in the late 70's or 80's. We already had ICBM capability then!

I am well aware of India's scientific and engineering capabilities, I did not question her capability to engineer an ICBM but the rationale for making such a weapon - is it a status symbol?

This ain't about weaponizing nukes, its about ICBMs. Once we had our nukes, it was China and not Pakistan which we are compared to! Dream on about Pakistan!
I see my comment on parity with Pakistan offended you. that was not my intention, but isn't that the reality? Today Pakistan have nuclear deterrence and in effect have neutralized your conventional / numerical superiority.

Like I said, turning a launch vehicle into an ICBM is little more than a welder's job. There's nothing else whiners can do.

Are you calling me a whiner?

United States will not let India have the ICBM period. It will send India to the stone age.

^^^^^^Sweeping statements..Do you think USA is UNAWARE of INDIAs ICMB project..?

Back
Top Bottom