What's new

India’s Rising Hindu Nationalist

Status
Not open for further replies.
they screwed in karnataka... but BJP might win some seats there in national election.. as there is no local election there..

Karnataka gave the largest tally for the BJP from any state -19. This time however, it will most likely be a disaster. There is a new government in & normally, any election held within the 1st year will see the current government's party performing well. The BJP has self destructed completely and I don't see any difference whether or not Yeddiyurappa comes back. The BJP will be laughed at if it campaigns against corruption, after all the people of Karnataka just booted out the most corrupt government in Karnataka's history & it was of the BJP. As of now, this is the single biggest disaster for the BJP. Those 19 seats would have proved invaluable.

Karnataka gave the largest tally for the BJP from any state -19. This time however, it will most likely be a disaster. There is a new government in & normally, any election held within the 1st year will see the current government's party performing well. The BJP has self destructed completely and I don't see any difference whether or not Yeddiyurappa comes back. The BJP will be laughed at if it campaigns against corruption, after all the people of Karnataka just booted out the most corrupt government in Karnataka's history & it was of the BJP. As of now, this is the single biggest disaster for the BJP. Those 19 seats would have proved invaluable.
what percentage of seats they got in local election this time?
one of the effect of bjp going on a high voltage Modi campaign will distract voters from their own corruption... people voted for Vajpayee too ( not BJP)

[Bregs];4785880 said:
Ohhhhhh then i accept mt defeat as you are spiritually very high and i am an ordinary man

No need to act like a snide ***** :confused:

[Bregs];4785902 said:
you are acting like a village pond boy not me, your figures even modi won't accept :sleep:

What on earth is a "village pond boy", if you dont agree with me, you can just say "I don't think so", thats how normal grown ups talk.

If Yedurappa joins BJP, Lingayats will vote BJP . Issues be damned. Karnatak is an extremely casteist place . In which case BJP will maintain its seat tally.

what percentage of seats they got in local election this time?

They got 40 out of 224. They are not even the principal opposition party, the JD(S) is. Things have got worse since the election. The Congress has become much stronger wresting 2 Lok Sabha seats held by the JD(S) in their strongholds defeating the combined opposition of the BJP, JD(S) & Yeddiyurappa (all fought jointly) by heavy margins. That is standard for any part winning a state election comprehensively, they get even more support in the first year & a half. Unlike U.P., the CM here is a seasoned administrator. Barring the completely unexpected, the Congress will do very well in Karnataka.

If voting patterns from the Karnataka assembly polls were to be replicated in the next Lok Sabha elections, the BJP would face an even gloomier scenario, winning just 2 of the state's 28 seats. The Congress would win 22 and the JD(S) the remaining 4.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...bha-on-assembly-vote/articleshow/19977915.cms

What on earth is a "village pond boy", if you dont agree with me, you can just say "I don't think so", thats how normal grown ups talk.

bro i always viewed you with respect being very sr member but your guesses made me fall off the feat and i joked. do not take personally

If Yedurappa joins BJP, Lingayats will vote BJP . Issues be damned. Karnatak is an extremely casteist place . In which case BJP will maintain its seat tally.

I disagree. Yeddiyurappa didn't even get a majority of the Lingayat votes the last time and even though many in the BJP are clutching at this straw, this is now a cheque with an expired date. Yeddy was never a big Lingayat leader, it was his treatment at the hands of JD(S) that gave him a temporary boost. That has now passed on and as was amply evident in the recent by-elections, he simply does not matter much. By the time the LS elections roll in, he will be consigned to history & will probably struggle to make even a slight impact.

P.S.: The BJP made its breakthrough in Karnataka on the back of an "Ajja"(grandfather-ABV) wave in 2004 against a fairly popular CM of the Congress, S.M. Krishna. That goodwill followed in the next election & now with their dreadful governance has probably evaporated. Narendra Modi remains reasonably popular & admired in Karnataka but made no impact in the assembly election & will struggle to make any in the LS election too

I disagree. Yeddiyurappa didn't even get a majority of the Lingayat votes the last time and even though many in the BJP are clutching at this straw, this is now a cheque with an expired date. Yeddy was never a big Lingayat leader, it was his treatment at the hands of JD(S) that gave him a temporary boost. That has now passed on and as was amply evident in the recent by-elections, he simply does not matter much. By the time the LS elections roll in, he will be consigned to history & will probably struggle to make even a slight impact.

Don't give me that cr@p. I know a lot about Karnataka. More than non Hindu, Non Kannadiga posters do. The sum total of votes of BJP plus KJP remains the same as that of BJP in earlier election. Refute me with figures if you can. And Lingayats are fiercely casteist. Further, whats to prevent an opportunistic party like JD from joining BJP?

Can any Congress supporter here inform us who has the most chances to be the PM if the Congress led coalition wins the election again in 2014? [MENTION=148509][Bregs][/MENTION] @Guynextdoor2 what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't give me that cr@p. I know a lot about Karnataka. More than non Hindu, Non Kannadiga posters do.

Touchy, are we? Did I hurt your feelings you poor baby....:lol:? Take your trash talking elsewhere, I'm not interested.

The sum total of votes of BJP plus KJP remains the same as that of BJP in earlier election.

Things aren't static, the BJP remains destroyed in core areas of coastal Karnataka & if you actually saw a map of BJP victories, you would see why they will do badly in the LS elections. Nobody has any permanent support, the recent wresting by the Congress of the LS seats held by the JD(SD) who were backed by the BJP & Yeddy was a good indicator. As far as hypotheticals go, you remember that famous line of Ghalib, don't you.... "hum ko maaloom hai jannat ki haqeeqat lekin dil ke KHush rakhney ko GHalib ye KHayaal achhaa hai"

Touchy, are we? Did I hurt your feelings you poor baby....:lol:? Take your trash talking elsewhere, I'm not interested.

Things aren't static, the BJP remains destroyed in core areas of coastal Karnataka & if you actually saw a map of BJP victories, you would see why they will do badly in the LS elections. Nobody has any permanent support, the recent wresting by the Congress of the LS seats held by the JD(SD) who were backed by the BJP & Yeddy was a good indicator. As far as hypotheticals go, you remember that famous line of Ghalib, don't you.... "hum ko maaloom hai jannat ki haqeeqat lekin dil ke KHush rakhney ko GHalib ye KHayaal achhaa hai"

You will be here! And I will be here! And we will meet in June 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom