What's new

India’s Indigenous Engine-making Programme Kaveri to be Revived

WHO are the Mauryan people pray tell? A distinct race perhaps, or ethnicity? After all I am from old Magadh and ergo you must pardon me for being curious about what you think you know about my forefathers.
@Oscar sir, can we please have a clean up here?
@sandy_3126 Any idea at what specific fuel consumption levels the current max 75 Kn wet thrust was achieved?

Must of Mauryan male descendants are eliminated by centuries of Muslim invasion and oppression. You are descendants of central asian invaders. But your maternal line might have Mauryan connection.

I'm sorry you might have to walk it through by yourself. If you wanna build advanced engine, you have to put up full-fledged aviation industrial base, especially material science. Rome was not built up in one day.

But Indians are begging for the technology. Lets see if that technique works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chengdu J-10 powered by Saturn-Lyulka AL-31FN /WS10A variant used on J10b

Shenyang J-11 powered by Saturn-Lyulka AL-31FN /WS10H used on J11B under scale production

Xian JH-7 powered by Rolls-Royce Spey Mk 202 /indeginous called qin ling used, might be replaced with WS10 variant in the future

Shenyang J-8 powered by twin Chinese variant of Tumansky R-13-300 turbojet /indegenous WP8 used

Chengdu J-7 powered by Chinese variant of Tumansky R-13-300 turbojet / indegenous WP7 used

Xian H-6 powered by Mikulin AM-3 /DPK30-2 import from Russia used

Hongdu JL8 powered by Garrett TFE731-2A-2A turbofan /Now it replaced by AI-222-25 engine

Hongdu L-15 powered by 2 × Ivchenko Progress AI-222K-25F afterburning turbofans /you got this right

J31 powered by 2 x Rd 33 /near future we will install WS13 to replace RD33, no later than 2015

J20 Powered by 2 x Saturn-Lyulka AL-31FN /WS15 has been tested on J20 from the recent picture

I wish Indians understand it just takes times to develop a full-fledged big TWR engine. I think China is probably ahead of India 10 years in this field.

Must of Mauryan male descendants are eliminated by centuries of Muslim invasion and oppression. You are descendants of central asian invaders. But your maternal line might have Mauryan connection.

But Indians are begging for the technology. Lets see if that technique works.

Is that so? This is getting positively comedic.

I like your Note....

If My Metallurgy is Old and weak then How come I am producing Steel for Aircraft Career, Steel for Subs....
Dubalumin composites for LCA and DRHUV......

The issue is We expect Too much from this engine...

In its current state it is acceptable to Navy for Frigates/Corvettes propulsion system.

India just recentlly master the tech for building steels for ships. It would be another 30-40 years before India can manufacture steels for today's engines.

Thanks Technical support from both Russia and Ukraine, China has buckled down to accelerate the indegenization of all these foreign engine. As long as WS15 engine finishs its test, PLAAF will step over the threshhold.

India just recentlly master the tech for building steels for ships. It would be another 30-40 years before India can manufacture steels for today's engines.

So which "steel" is used in today's engines? Do enlighten us? While you are at it, since you are obviously qualified in material sciences and basic turbine research, could you enlighten us lesser mortals as to what ails the Kaveri engine? Lets start with the 3 low pressure stages and design constraints. Lets have it bub.

@faithfulguy also while you're at it could you detail how the aimed SFC, TET and OPR can be achieved? After all I have seen you post authoritatively on a vast gamut of technical matters, so this should be easy.

WHO are the Mauryan people pray tell? A distinct race perhaps, or ethnicity? After all I am from old Magadh and ergo you must pardon me for being curious about what you think you know about my forefathers.
@Oscar sir, can we please have a clean up here?
@sandy_3126 Any idea at what specific fuel consumption levels the current max 75 Kn wet thrust was achieved?

No clue about it.... It also depends how the engine was tested... test methodology can be but not limited to 100, 75, 50 and 25% of rated full load capacity....Sfc, is just one of the parameters that will be monitored along with at least 30 other parameter, which I will not discuss... apart from that different fadec profiles should have been tested...

During each of the tests all these parameters would have been logged, and then compared to the actual values if this was a performance test......

Is that so? This is getting positively comedic.

You need to understand that India was invaded again and again by central asian invaders. They came either to plunder or to rule.
And you existence is a testament of that history.

In terms of WS15, india lags behind 15 years compared with China. It uses Niobium based materials.

You need to understand that India was invaded again and again by central asian invaders. They came either to plunder or to rule.
And you existence is a testament of that history.

Indeed the curious insight you have into the genealogy of the people here is eye-opening. So I am dealing with a genealogist and a material engineering professional. Bless my stars.

Kaveri is now at the stage of WS10 in early 1990s.

Hey guys, this thread is about Engine. let's stick to the topic.

@faithfulguy also while you're at it could you detail how the aimed SFC, TET and OPR can be achieved? After all I have seen you post authoritatively on a vast gamut of technical matters, so this should be easy.

he will not answer these type of questions... his iq is too high for that ... he's always interested in muslim envaders & lower caste of Indians ..

he's becoming too predictable now a days ... false flagger.

he will not answer these type of questions... his iq is too high for that ... he's always interested in muslim envaders & lower caste of Indians ..

he's becoming too predictable now a days ... false flagger.

Khamosh! His superior intellect will see him through. In fact since there are a lot of people who wish to post on this matter and pass off their posts as authoritative I think its time I had a Q&A with all of them. After all its not every day that you have an ensemble of professionals and experts from such varied fields grouped in together.

Khamosh! His superior intellect will see him through. In fact since there are a lot of people who wish to post on this matter and pass off their posts as authoritative I think its time I had a Q&A with all of them. After all its not every day that you have an ensemble of professionals and experts from such varied fields grouped in together.

well then I am ready with my notebook & pen ... it'll be a free tution IMO .

Back
Top Bottom