What's new

India’s Indigenous Engine-making Programme Kaveri to be Revived

Who care what Indians do with their failed project and how Indians waste their money. You can shove the money up your collective arse and no one cares. We all just have a good laugh at you Indians making a fool of yourself.:omghaha:

Big words coming from a person whose country failed to make an engine themselves under different names just to hide their failure.

Oh and I am not talking about USA. :azn:

If the GTRE has been privatized and given full autonomy, then revive it but under the present PSU conditions, we are better off using that money to buy engines.

Investing in a PSU-led project means delays, failures, cost escalations and bureaucracy.

I don't hate India. I really like the food and the culture. But I cannot deny historical facts.

Historical facts like what? Europeans named every native group as Indians wherever they went, be it Caribbean, Amazon basin or Dutch east Indies.

That's because their languages are hollow and don't have the depth Asian languages have. So?

I don't hate India. I really like the food and the culture. But I cannot deny historical facts.

What historical fact? Ask your travellers (Hwen-t-sang and others)...

MODS... Where u guys are , stop these chinese trolls Please..

Starting a new engine program is fine but restarting Kaveri as an engine to power fighter aircrafts is futile. It is a leaky engine like the F 404 and the RD 33

It never fail to meet the objective. I will give an example which you will understand.. U planned to buy an costly underwear , U gathered 100$ for it. When u went to shop the price changed to 150$..

U met your objective in gathering 100$, but u couldn't buy it..

Similarly Kaveri met its objective of Power, But when it went to LCA, the LCA increased the requirement..

According to every other site, including Indian sites it seems otherwise. That you wanted to get an underwear for $100 but found that you only had $80 by the time the underwear got to $120

India's Kaveri Engine - Good For Something?
The Hindu : Karnataka News : Kaveri engine programme delinked from the Tejas
Cost of India

So, Im not convinced at all of your argument when almost all sources state the Kaveri's inability to meet the 90kn requirement for the Tejas.

According to every other site, including Indian sites it seems otherwise. That you wanted to get an underwear for $100 but found that you only had $80 by the time the underwear got to $120

India's Kaveri Engine - Good For Something?
The Hindu : Karnataka News : Kaveri engine programme delinked from the Tejas
Cost of India

So, Im not convinced at all of your argument when almost all sources state the Kaveri's inability to meet the 90kn requirement for the Tejas.

Because it was never meant to meet the 90Kn requirement. It was designed from the get go to power a fighter lighter than the current Tejas Mk.1. Although if you look at the previous avatars of the engine then greater thrusts (85Kn) were achieved long back at the cost of SFC and weight penalties. The Kaveri is not going to fit into the Tejas though, the parameters of the fighter have changed drastically and we seem to have reached a plateau in terms of current capability with a 1250Kg engine and 75-79Kn wet thrust and certain nagging issues.

The point is that the Kaveri is VERY important though, it needs to continue (the project). After all beside 4-5 nations there aren't any other which can produce even this.

Because it was never meant to meet the 90Kn requirement. It was designed from the get go to power a fighter lighter than the current Tejas Mk.1. Although if you look at the previous avatars of the engine then greater thrusts (85Kn) were achieved long back at the cost of SFC and weight penalties. The Kaveri is not going to fit into the Tejas though, the parameters of the fighter have changed drastically and we seem to have reached a plateau in terms of current capability with a 1250Kg engine and 75-79Kn wet thrust and certain nagging issues.

The point is that the Kaveri is VERY important though, it needs to continue (the project). After all beside 4-5 nations there aren't any other which can produce even this.

Then why pursue it beyond 85k if the aircraft grew beyond it. Because then it signifies a failure on part of DRDO to recognize that they could only juice so much out of that design. Had the decoupling of the engine from the Tejas been done at an earlier stage, perhaps it would have helped the aircraft progress faster.

Then why pursue it beyond 85k if the aircraft grew beyond it. Because then it signifies a failure on part of DRDO to recognize that they could only juice so much out of that design. Had the decoupling of the engine from the Tejas been done at an earlier stage, perhaps it would have helped the aircraft progress faster.

Yes, if the decoupling had occurred earlier then the Tejas would have indeed progressed faster. But this hill needs to be taken, it has to be. After all the "4th gen" engines like F-414 were derived through an incremental process, one has to scale the technology tree and first get to the level of a 1100Kg engine with a wet thrust of 85Kn and debugging of SFC and hot zone related issues before any further step can be taken. Validation for such an engine on a platform will ensure that GTRE will have gone through the whole process of R&D, fab and certification for an engine of that level. It is essential IF India wants to produce indigenous engines for itself in the future. So the project becomes significant from a tech, capability and experience accrual POV, after this process is completed then the incremental improvements can be made and newer technology (better SCBs, high transonic/supersonic blade speed regime, Low aspect ratio (aka wide chord) blade design and manufacturing, capability of multi-circular arc profile compressor blades, blisk manufacturing, higher thermal loading metallurgy, High speed milling, Electro-Chemical machining, Linear friction welding) accrued. ALL that is impossible unless the 70s-80s level of engine tech is accrued and validated. Kind of like what you said, learning how to make the cake mix ourselves even if the initial baked goods are not exactly up to expectations and serve only as demonstrations.

After all, engines are one of those components where there is ZERO scope for technology sharing. NO ONE is going to impart any know how on the materials front except for one particular country and that has already been tapped.

Has your country produced an engine or even anything remotely similar? If no :astagh:. Bade zubaan Choti Aukaad.

Calm down will you. He's pointing out something that the babus at MOD should have figured out a long time back, in fact around 2004 when GTRE itself told them that increasing the weight of the Tejas would mean that the Kaveri would not be able to power it. Consider that even the F-404 is not sufficient for the Tejas Mk.1 and the final iteration requires an up-rated version of the F-414. Simply put, it was staring them in the face, that the Tejas as it stood in its modified form could only be powered by an engine that only three nations had the capability to produce in this world.

You need to read history.

Now you say that china was a unified country.
Then may i ask you what was the basis of this unified country.Was it confucianism,taoism,buddhism or just pure materialism? How come there were several dynasties ruling in parallel in China?

As for India's internal cohesion, it was the dharma, the fundamental law of life which codified the behavior the rules and ruled alike. Epics like Mahabharata,Ramayan etc were read pan India with local modifications which taught dharma and told stories about people with an existence in space-time.
For ex: Mahabhara is about a war fought in northen India in Kurushetra but it is read all over INdian subcontinent.
Ramayana is a war fought in souther India(near Sri Lanka) but it was read pan INdia.

Now this is what we call the internal unity of India which has glued the several different traditions of India into one framework.
Thousand years of foreign invasion hasnt been able to cut us off our roots,yet.

India is a civilization, like the western civilization. No a country. A country require a strong central government and unify the country. In this sense, China become a nation in 221BC when it was unified and anyone who become the emperor of China would regard itself above all others. That is how you see the government of Taiwan and China claim each others territories because its an ancient tradition to believe that there is only one government. All other governments are illegitimate.

Historical facts like what? Europeans named every native group as Indians wherever they went, be it Caribbean, Amazon basin or Dutch east Indies.

That's because their languages are hollow and don't have the depth Asian languages have. So?

Really? they didn't named Japanese Indians.

Who care what Indians do with their failed project and how Indians waste their money. You can shove the money up your collective arse and no one cares. We all just have a good laugh at you Indians making a fool of yourself.:omghaha:

Then there is no need for you to show your concern right?... you can just laugh without replying... why waste time in indian-defence section?

India is a civilization, like the western civilization. No a country. A country require a strong central government and unify the country. In this sense, China become a nation in 221BC when it was unified and anyone who become the emperor of China would regard itself above all others. That is how you see the government of Taiwan and China claim each others territories because its an ancient tradition to believe that there is only one government. All other governments are illegitimate.

Dont waste your time dude.. we will not be convinced for any of your arguments.. you have been arguing with us for a long time ... i havent seen any one abide by your talks... we are we.. we have our culture and heritage.. at present we are India.. formed from biggest struggle.. if anything changes within us we keep you informed.. i dont think and you will accept any thing will change

chandragupta-maurya-empire-300-bc.jpg

Maurya_Dynasty_in_265_BCE.jpg

If you wanna live in your intellectual poverty then so be it! Denying evidence and facts is not helping you to show your 'smartness' but just shows that how d.... leave it i dont want to comment on you personally.
My only advice to you: Just go and educate yourself before spreading your ignorance.

Starting a new engine program is fine but restarting Kaveri as an engine to power fighter aircrafts is futile. It is a leaky engine like the F 404 and the RD 33

The last i heard was that kaveri engine will be used on some shakti uav. Sorry I don't remember names very well,Correct me if I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom