What's new

India’s illegal occupation of independent Sikkim has to be reversed

QUOTE:

Today, most Sikkimese know they lost their independence in 1975, and Siliguri-bound passengers in Gangtok still say they are “going to India”.
hey how do u know that,hv u ever been to sikkim,i hv studied in sikkim for four years nw and they are quite happy t o be a part of india ,rather than the chinese.they quite enjoy the special status and the freedom given to them by t he indian gov:yahoo:

i m new to this forum but as my name suggests I m a Gurkha from Assam.I have read a lot of posts about North East ppl being similar to Chinese and such stuff.To be honest nothing can be far from the truth.Though physical features may seem similar most of my friends which include Assamese,Nagas,Garos,Mizos,Arunachalis do not hold the same view for China.In fact they have Chinese paranoia.Moreover the ethnic Lepchas and the Nepalese in Sikkim would be more than happy to remain with India than being independent.Some journalist writing crap with his internet knowledge just does not alter the ground realities.
Anyway greetings to all.:wave:

all the states of india are under illegal occupation of india,world shud do something.india produced pak,bangladesh so they are also under illegal occupation

i m new to this forum but as my name suggests I m a Gurkha from Assam.I have read a lot of posts about North East ppl being similar to Chinese and such stuff.To be honest nothing can be far from the truth.Though physical features may seem similar most of my friends which include Assamese,Nagas,Garos,Mizos,Arunachalis do not hold the same view for China.In fact they have Chinese paranoia.Moreover the ethnic Lepchas and the Nepalese in Sikkim would be more than happy to remain with India than being independent.Some journalist writing crap with his internet knowledge just does not alter the ground realities.

welcome to the forum... we actually need some people from north east:wave:

this should be the answer to the people who keep on saying crap about N.E Indians....welcome to the forum mate...
I like Assam cause my girlfriend was from Assam and she was really beautiful...:smitten:

this should be the answer to the people who keep on saying crap about N.E Indians....

Honestly, I doubt it will make a difference to some people. Some of the most eloquent, balanced and well researched posts on this forum include those by Muslim, Christian and Sikh Indians but that doesn't stop the "minority oppression in India" topics from appearing here daily...

hey how do u know that,hv u ever been to sikkim,i hv studied in sikkim for four years nw and they are quite happy t o be a part of india ,rather than the chinese.they quite enjoy the special status and the freedom given to them by t he indian gov:yahoo:

i hope one day they can be happy about sufficient food, antibiotics, no police brutality and shelter. being part of india means part of india as a whole, including the disease, poverty, starvation and oppression.

i hope one day they can be happy about sufficient food, antibiotics, no police brutality and shelter. being part of india means part of india as a whole, including the disease, poverty, starvation and oppression.

You raise a greater point - which freedom is better - that of mind or material. I am not judging either, but the Tibetans in Sikkim would never want to join the Chinese. If they are not free to practice their religion and culture, what is the point in having roads and "antibiotics". This is not to say India can just relax by not providing them (and other Indians) these basic needs.

And if that was in fact a popular demand, I don't see how a powerful country like China would have held back from unleashing the PLA on us.

we haven't "unleashed" the PLA in 30 years. they are on a very, very tight leash. india on the other hand has engaged in aggression as late as 1999.

why the off topic trolls ??? I can easily reply you by the same way by by posting some not so good points about China...but thankfully I am not like you...refrain from using these stuff and derail a thread.edit this if you have a little bit of shame about mentioning these off topic India bashing stuff..:disagree:

indians in sikim are satisfied with indian administration there...
what about china.... even tibetians do not support china... there leader still support india... and condemn china... openly in publicly... and also in front of govt heads of other countries..

this should be the answer to the people who keep on saying crap about N.E Indians....welcome to the forum mate...
I like Assam cause my girlfriend was from Assam and she was really beautiful...:smitten:

thanx u say 'was' kind of broke up or something.Assamese girls are :smitten: beautiful

Back
Top Bottom