What's new

India’s Foreign Debt Grows 13% to $390 Billion

Cyberian

BANNED
Reaction score
Thursday June 27, 2013

MUMBAI, India: India’s external debt rose by nearly 13% to $390 billion in 2012-13, mainly due to rise in short-term trade credit and external commercial borrowings in the back of high current account deficit, the Reserve Bank said on Thursday.

“The high current account deficit witnessed during 2012-13 and it’s financing increasingly through debt flows particularly by trade credit resulted in significant rise in India’s external debt during 2012-13,” RBI said in a release.

The increase in the debt during 2012-13 was primarily on account of rise in short-term trade credit. There has been sizeable rise in ECBs and rupee-denominated NRI deposits as well, it said.

“However, magnitude of increase in external debt was offset to some extent due to valuation change (gain) resulting from appreciation of U.S. dollar against Indian rupee and other international currencies,” the RBI added.

NRI deposits increased by $12.2 billion to $70.8 billion as at end-March, primarily on account of increase in rupee-denominated NRI deposits reflecting the impact of deregulation of interest rates on these deposits in December 2011, RBI added.

The total external debt was about $345.5 billion at end-March 2012.

External debt growing to unmanageable proportions, putting pressure on rupee

Another new Trolling Subject... :blah::blah::blah:

Some people Hide there 100 mistake and blaming others not good.... Sorry to say that...

''Pakistan is the third largest debt-recipient country in the region. Its external debts have been reported to reach 33 per cent of the GDP as compared to India’s 13 per cent and China’s seven per cent.''

Pakistan: impact of foreign debts - DAWN.COM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Pakistan

nice logic, unless your country is doing better than x country should not ever talk about x country.

BNwfi5RCQAA5Xfh.jpg:large

external debt tripled in last 9 year ....Ho rhaha he Bharat nirman

wtf ...........congress will RUIN India .......:cry:

But there is no alternative to the congress ....so we must continue to vote for congress to keep India 'secular'.

Another new Trolling Subject... :blah::blah::blah:

Some people Hide there 100 mistake and blaming others not good.... Sorry to say that...

''Pakistan is the third largest debt-recipient country in the region. Its external debts have been reported to reach 33 per cent of the GDP as compared to India’s 13 per cent and China’s seven per cent.''

Pakistan: impact of foreign debts - DAWN.COM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Pakistan

My lady why you are ashmed to put your birth country flag, secondly this thread is about india's foreign debt grows not pakistan---why this kolavary :lol:

wtf ...........congress will RUIN India .......:cry:

But there is no alternative to the congress ....so we must continue to vote for congress to keep India 'secular'.

Wow... I wonder how you managed to bring religion into this topic.... surely it must be some mental problem.

OT: The deficit comes largely due to rising imports of resources like oil, in which we simply lack. And with the rising demand for it, I dont see any chance that it will come down.

And our needs for jewelry is also a factor.

Look at this (import side), it should illustrate it:
India-exports-imports-001.jpg

Wow... I wonder how you managed to bring religion into this topic.... surely it must be some mental problem.

OT: The deficit comes largely due to rising imports of resources like oil, in which we simply lack. And with the rising demand for it, I dont see any chance that it will come down.

And our needs for jewelry is also a factor.

Look at this (import side), it should illustrate it:

I am glad you responded....

Its the pseudo secular like you who is bringing religion into everything by denying NaMo credit for economic development of Gujarat. I wold love to call you mental ....but that would be a lie. You are a fool and a religious bigot.

It is communal people like you who vote on Religious lines, who mortgage your votes to the congress enabling them to act with such impunity.

Nobody needs a picture to understand import and export :lol: ...............but morons like you fail to understand that 10 years of congress rule has destroyed our economy and has not enabled us to increase our export to match our import. If you thought the debt was high .....combine that with our falling rupee and you under stand the dire strait we are in. Combine that with failure to produce enough electricity in the nation, introduce cheap mass transport and freight transport to substitute oil imports and our need to import coal in-spite of having one of the largest Coal reserve IN THE WORLD. Our power plants not having enough coal reserves because of coal scam.

Chiddu plan is to increase tax on gold and asking us not to buy gold :disagree: ............he should have been focusing on developing the economy so that people can afford gold and everything else available in the global market.

That is what China's leaders do ........they dont go around telling their citizens not to buy things.

@sankranti does not have any mental problem. Secularism is the only answer given by Khangressi supporters. when asked why should someone vote for them.

Oh we are the most corrupt govt. we have no economic policy, our internal and external security situation is in shambles but hey we are secular and BJP and Modi are big bad communal wolves. So to keep communal forces at bay please vote for us

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad you responded....

Its the pseudo secular like you who is bringing religion into everything by denying NaMo credit for economic development of Gujarat. I wold love to call you mental ....but that would be a lie. You are a fool and a religious bigot.

It is communal people like you who vote on Religious lines, who mortgage your votes to the congress enabling them to act with such impunity.

Nobody needs a picture to understand import and export :lol: ...............but morons like you fail to understand that 10 years of congress rule has destroyed our economy and has not enabled us to increase our export to match our import. If you thought the debt was high .....combine that with our falling rupee and you under stand the dire strait we are in. Combine that with failure to produce enough electricity in the nation, introduce cheap mass transport and freight transport to substitute oil imports and our need to import coal in-spite of having one of the largest Coal reserve IN THE WORLD. Our power plants not having enough coal reserves because of coal scam.

Chiddu plan is to increase tax on gold and asking us not to buy gold :disagree: ............he should have been focusing on developing the economy so that people can afford gold and everything else available in the global market.

That is what China's leaders do ........they dont go around telling their citizens not to buy things.

I brought in religion ?!

Its like talking to a brick wall....

Keep talking to yourself...

Back
Top Bottom