What's new

India, Russia may build supercomputer to rival China's Tianhe-2

If you are full of ego ... you would have googled about super computers in India ...... You won't ask like a good boy :sarcastic:

Right from monitoring the cell phone traffic,Internet data, weather forecasting and simulation to nuclear test simulations super computers are used in every field.

India is of more than 1.2 Billion people and India needs super computers more than any other country on this planet, china also comes under that category.

guys wat i meant was hw many of the existing supercomputers are available for uni students for research???
may be @Srinivas could answer...
if these not available for students???
wat the use???
im not against this initiative taken....but doing this only to fight for that top spot mere waste of money...
it would be much better if they could use that money to build smaller supercomputer with universities distributed all over india...make available the computing power to all aspiring students promote research....than mere showing off!!!

ps: yeah im full of ego!!! :)

@egodoc222 @Sergi C'mon you should know that we Indians never do anything until unless it is urgently required.
Debatable. I can give you tons of examples. And I hope you do realise the involvemnet into this is at the level of IIS

Why would we waste just because of ranking. There is a need that is why they've decided to build one.
read again nobody has decided anything. Its atmost proposal.

Or maybe Russia needs it and so we, by helping them and contributing equally can get the same which will not get obsolete/outdated for much longer time and might work as a reserve for future. :enjoy:
Faster the better. But that doesnt mean you have to invest right now.

I dont think you understand the meaning of my post. Please read again what I have written. I am not against development. I am just stating priorities.

Technological growth is exponential but what you are intending " will be obsolete" my dear friend you dont have any idea how fast it is.

If you are full of ego ... you would have googled about super computers in India ...... You won't ask like a good boy :sarcastic:

Right from monitoring the cell phone traffic,Internet data, weather forecasting and simulation to nuclear test simulations super computers are used in every field.

India is of more than 1.2 Billion people and India needs super computers more than any other country on this planet, china also comes under that category.
that's wat i meant when requirement is huge...why put all money on one project?

Which one are you talking about, the present one or the one which has been proposed?
How can I know anything about the speed of the non-existing machine ??? Its just a proposal.

that's wat i meant when requirement is huge...why put all money on one project?
Simple, Because the project is enough to cover up this Huge requirement.

How can I know anything about the speed of the non-existing machine ??? Its just a proposal.
Okay i don't know whether we need it or not i used word "might". But you seem to know that, Can you tell me how the present one is enough?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
"India, installed a Hewlett-Packard Cluster Platform 3000 BL460c system. They integrated this system with their own innovative routing technology and achieved 117.9 TFlop/s performance.

The No.5 system is also a new Hewlett-Packard Cluster Platform 3000 BL460c system and installed at a Swedish government agency. It was measured at 102.8 TFlop/s."

Wonder why the rules are changed.

It's the same story as your so called indigenous weapons. :rofl::rofl:
give indians some credit. they probably paint the outside of the supercomputer with Chinese paint. therefore it must be indigenous

Okay i don't know whether we need it or not i used word "might". But you seem to know that, Can you tell me how the present one is enough?

- We need it. I said faster the better. But our current SC will be more than enough for say upto next 6/7 years.
- research, students , universities and peaceful use is just a plain lie. We do use SC for that but its not the main purpose of having SC
- Prime application is defence and space. You can google the uses. I am very lazy with typing.

give indians some credit. they probably paint the outside of the supercomputer with Chinese paint. therefore it must be indigenous
if you have nothing to contribute to the thread... gtfo!!!
with all due respect :)

LOL you've mistaken go and post in Chinese defence aircraft and weaponry thread.

- Prime application is defence and space. You can google the uses. I am very lazy with typing.
But @Srinivas says those are used for:

@Srinivas How you know this mate?

And where did I said its not used for that ???
Its also a application. But its not the PRIME PURPOSE of having SC.
Guess why uncle Sam wasn't interested in giving us one.

You are not reading correctly.
Let me be more simple. SC has application in every field where you need to do continuous calculations at faster rate. But that doesn't mean we have to use it every field. For eg railway signalling. One SC can handle all indian railway signalling but you know what we use- a signal man.

LOL you've mistaken go and post in Chinese defence aircraft and weaponry thread.

I know every thing in this world ....... :drag:

Is this some kind of national secret or what ???:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Back
Top Bottom