What's new

India-Russia Divorce and its impact on Indian defence

The northern states from Kashmir valley, Punjab, UP, Bihar, Bengal & Assam would fall to Pakistan.

Northeast, Bhutan, Sikkim, Nepal, Ladakh would fall to China.

Southern and Eastern states would fall to West.

Pakistan would be the buffer state between West & China
LOL some one is frustrated at rafale deal !!

FGFA deal has been in progress since 2010

Every Indo-Russian meeting since then started with hype that the deal would be closed only to end up as a damp squib.

At the end of the day IAF which is the customer does not like Russian Fighters. They did not like Su-30s and do not like FGFA.

IAF liked M2Ks and would love RAFALEs.

Russia was so unhappy that the Russian Ambassador to India Alexander M Kadakin has said that if India were to go to war with China or Pakistan, the French Rafale fighters that it plans to buy will be ‘swatted like mosquitos’.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/sunday-...ted-like-mosquitoes-in-war-russian-envoy.html
lol ! which weed are u taking these days. There are 270+ SU-30 MKI ( basically back bone of IAF) and IAF dont like it.
and which fighter plane is going to swat Rafales like Mosquitoes ?

the willingness to sell such a cutting-edge weapon system to Pakistan, India’s archrival, is indeed hugely symbolic in its import for the quality of Russia-Indian relations today

More important, perhaps, weaning Pakistan away from the American orbit is a strategic necessity for Russia and the military cooperation creates leverage both to influence Pakistani policies as well as to provide space for Pakistan to maneuver its way out of Uncle Sam’s decades-old embrace. Russia would estimate that given Pakistan’s enviable geographical location, the US’s regional strategies can never be effective without Pakistan playing its traditional cold-war era role as junior partner.

Russia-Pakistan joint exercises to go head has brought greatest humiliation to India, that it ever faced.

I can't wait to see what Pakistan does with Russia in terms of strategic relationship.

With empty wallet in Pakistan and crumbling Russian GDP and military innfrsstucture which was bank rolled by India last three decades it will be funny

Your negotiations are going to be very interesting

Warning Russia does not do grant aid or free fighters . That's is USA only.

Your once ally now Indisn strategic partner

The Real impact on Indian Defence is of Spare Parts for the existing Equipment

about Future and proposed equipment

India can get Planes from US and France options are there like
Rafales (already gonna signed)
F-16 Block xx
F-18
F-35 (5th Gen)

We don't have access to any of their technology and have no say in their development.

Can't assemble them in India.

2 of them are old tech and their latest one is a white elephant.

IL-78s
IL-76s as a Replacement India can get More C-17's and C-130's

C-17s are not a replacement of IL-76.

The IL-76 is very unique in its abilities and has specific roles.

These just complement each other.

We don't have access to any of their technology and have no say in their development.

Can't assemble them in India.

2 of them are old tech and their latest one is a white elephant.

C-17s are not a replacement of IL-76.

The IL-76 is very unique in its abilities and has specific roles.

These just complement each other.

Old Tech they are still lethal Lockhead is offering India Local production of F-16 and F-18.. there were many threads about it..

Never will India be like Israel for Americans, the only real friend are the Russians but their friendship with China is a bit blockade to it. China can convince Russia of things and in the hour of need this might be a bad thing.

This thread is as stupid as " China divorce pakistan, what pakistan going to do now" ROFL.

I can't wait to see what Pakistan does with Russia in terms of strategic relationship.

With empty wallet in Pakistan and crumbling Russian GDP and military innfrsstucture which was bank rolled by India last three decades it will be funny

Your negotiations are going to be very interesting

Warning Russia does not do grant aid or free fighters . That's is USA only.

Your once ally now Indisn strategic partner

Indian deals right now In place

20+ Billion for Pak Fa
2-3 Billion for Nuclear Submarine Leasing

Many times Pak defence budget. yet they insist Russia wants to go with Pak.

LOL some one is frustrated at rafale deal !!

Where did I oppose RAFALEs?

lol ! which weed are u taking these days. There are 270+ SU-30 MKI ( basically back bone of IAF) and IAF dont like it.

Yes. I sand by what I said. SU-30 were forced down the throat of IAF by Indian leadership. They were not the preferred choice of IAF. Same is the case with MIG-29s. IAF was very happy with M2K and were unhappy when M2K order was curtailed to bring in MIG-29s.

which fighter plane is going to swat Rafales like Mosquitoes ?

Don't try to attribute Russia's frustration to me.

66790928.jpg
And confuse Then & Than. It really gets to me.

Where did I oppose RAFALEs?

Yes. I sand by what I said. SU-30 were forced down the throat of IAF by Indian leadership. They were not the preferred choice of IAF. Same is the case with MIG-29s. IAF was very happy with M2K and were unhappy when M2K order was curtailed to bring in MIG-29s.

Don't try to attribute Russia's frustration to me.
1. u are quoting Russian Envoy ( so called) quote to justify your own ranting!
2. If IAF was some how unhappy with Mig 29 than how can we assume that they are also unhappy with SU 30 MKI ?

@PARIKRAMA @hellfire any comment ?

You lose respect as a senior member if you take badrakumar's writing seriously. ..He is an arch commie and mostly writes for commie sites - Chinese mostly.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/india-russia-opt-for-velvet-divorce.397266/page-12#ixzz4KyjIDkYp

I have taken the risk of being called a Indian communist. In fact people on this very thread have called me Pakistani false flagger...

But sometimes you have take the risk of laying out the truth in spite of how painful and embarrassing it may be.

Last edited:
Seems like India & Russia are going for a slow and painful divorce.

How does this impact the availability of the existing Russia equipment and future procurements. What are alternatives?

Current Equipment
=================================================
T-90s
T-72s
SU-30MKI
MIG-29s
IL-78s
IL-76s
MI-17s
Tu-142M
Nuclear sub (leased)
Brahmos
S-300s

Proposed Equipment
===================================================
Ka-226
Super Sukhoi Upgrade
FGFA
S-400s
Brahmos-M
MTA (Dead)
Yassen Sub

Strategic Fallout
=================================================
Loose Veto at UN
Loose support for NSG
Increased Russia-Pakistan defense ties

when pigs fly that is!

1. u are quoting Russian Envoy ( so called) quote to justify your own ranting!
2. If IAF was some how unhappy with Mig 29 than how can we assume that they are also unhappy with SU 30 MKI ?

@PARIKRAMA @hellfire any comment ?

You should go back and read my post. I was never unhappy with either SU-30MKI or RAFALEs or for that matter MIG-29s. In fact I strongly support of those. I was merely pointing to the fact that Russia were frustrated by India Choosing RAFALEs while not making any progress on PAK-FA/FGFA while on the other hand IAF was unhappy for Indian leadership forcing them to choose MIG-29s and SU-30s.

Don't try to attribute frustrations of Russia and IAF to me.

The Real impact on Indian Defence is of Spare Parts for the existing Equipment

about Future and proposed equipment

India can get Planes from US and France options are there like
Rafales (already gonna signed)
F-16 Block xx
F-18
F-35 (5th Gen)

IL-78s
IL-76s as a Replacement India can get More C-17's and C-130's

India will always have France to depend on- provided they have the $$$

Back
Top Bottom