What's new

India Rules out Breaking Defence Ties with China

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
India Rules out Breaking Defence Ties with China

Amid the controversy over China's denial of visa to Lieutenant General BS Jaswal, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Northern Command, Defence Minister A K Antony on Friday ruled out breaking defence ties with China.

"It is not the question of breaking defence ties with China. We have close ties with China though there could be some problems occasionally.

There may be small problems here and there but the broader approach of defence ties would not be affected," said Antony after laying the foundation stone of for expansion programme of Mishra Dhatu Nigam Ltd (MIDHANI) here.

India has reportedly decided to suspend its defence exchanges with China as a reaction to the denial of visa to Lieutenant General BS Jaswal on the ground that he controlled operations a disputed area, Jammu and Kashmir.

As per reports, Lt General Jaswal, was nominated by the government to visit China as part of the regular high-level exchanges between the defence establishments of the two countries.

According to the report, two Chinese defence officials, scheduled to come to India for a course at the National Defence College have been denied permission by Delhi. Moreover, a subsequent visit by Indian military officials to China also stand cancelled.

Antony rules out breaking defence ties with China - Politics/Nation - News - The Economic Times

this was bound to happen to let Indians know that they are chinese and let chinese know.......oh wait.... we are indians too. we projected game over. now lets get back to normalcy.... its hard to have a partnership between weak and strong. it becomes more like strong gives and weak takes.

Who talked of breaking ties ?

A tit for tat cancellation does not imply breaking of ties . Yes, there will be greater caution hence forth.

Well, this will wipe the smile off the faces of people who were jumping around after the small rift between India and China.:smokin:

In all fairness it is not a small rift. It is an indicator of a deeper malaise.

Needs careful monitoring & response.

Visa row: China in damage control mode

NEW DELHI: Amid reports that an Indian Army General was denied a visa to visit China, the country's envoy Zhang Yan visited South Block on Friday afternoon to meet officials of the ministry of external affairs, sources said.

They said Zhang was holding meetings with senior officials of the ministry.

The Chinese envoy's South Block sojourn follows a media report that Lt. Gen. B S Jaswal, who heads the Northern Command, was to have visited China for a high-level exchange but was denied a visa as he had Jammu and Kashmir under his area of control.

The external affairs ministry said Jaswal's visit had not taken place "due to certain reasons".

"While we value our exchanges with China, there must be sensitivity to each others' concerns," said ministry spokesperson Vishnu Prakash.

India has cancelled defence exchanges with China after Beijing refused to allow the visit of the Indian Army's General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Northern Area Command, because he was responsible for Jammu & Kashmir, a state that China maintained was disputed.

In keeping with a practice for the past few years, the Indian defence establishment in June had began preparations for a regular high-level exchange visit to China this August by one of the top commanders of the Indian army — the northern area commander, Lt-Gen B S Jaswal.

However, Delhi was stunned when Beijing responded to his nomination by saying that it was unwilling to "welcome" Gen Jaswal because he "controlled" a disputed area, Jammu and Kashmir.

An angry New Delhi shot off a strongly worded demarche to Beijing, protesting its decision. Soon thereafter, India refused permission to two Chinese defence officials to come to India for a course at the National Defence College. A subsequent visit by Indian military officials to China was also cancelled by India.

To ensure that there was no ambiguity about the reason for its annoyance, New Delhi has since also bluntly told Beijing that the unexpected decision to block Lt-Gen Jaswal's visit to China was the reason behind India's decisions.

New Delhi found China's behaviour particularly provocative because in August 2009, Lt-Gen V K Singh, currently the Army chief and then the GOC-in-C Eastern Command, had visited China for a similar high-level exchange. If territorial sensitivity was the issue with China, then Singh's visit should have been even more problematic because, as head of the Eastern Command, he had jurisdiction over Arunachal Pradesh, a state that is claimed by China.

Visa row: China in damage control mode - India - The Times of India

China: No visa for killers of Kashmiris

India: I am going

China: Ok

India: I warn you

China: Try it

India: i warn you i will warn

China: Try again

India: I said i am going

China: As you wish

China: bye

India: i mean it

China: (sigh) i believe you

India: Ok i stay but i warn you i will go next time

China: we will see ;)

Another embarrassment for India another facepalm
jesus_facepalm.jpg

China: No visa for killers of Kashmiris

China: Ok

India: I warn you

China: Try it

India: i warn you i will warn

China: Try again

India: I said i am going

China: As you wish

China: bye

India: i mean it

China: (sigh) i believe you

India: Ok i stay but i warn you i will go next time

China: we will see ;)

Another embarrassment for India another facepalm
jesus_facepalm.jpg

self created hollywood script with very hard thinking.it has no cure.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:,by the way facepalm is back to u.

dar gaya indiaaaaaaaaaaaa

india backed off approch here

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom