What's new

India retaliates

Status
Not open for further replies.
360x270_635228972675518143.jpg

OK, this is getting out of control.
First it was the handcuffs, then the strip search, now the drug addicts.India government should issue an official statement about what the specific complaints are and stop this media storm.
That's the problem. We are all in support for any illegal activity done by her but the treatment of Indian woman was simply out of bound.

Same US media was going berserk over Indian women harassed in India an they are doing the same. Lets see how these hypocrites present the news.

All NRIs should protest in US.

Since the US embassy is considered US soil, it expects that all indian workers have been paid as per US labour laws. {basically, this would probably incriminate every US official in india} :lol: . Smart move by India ,

I was about to say it. You just beat me to it :D

As per Vienna convention US embassy is legally US soil and anyone employed there must be paid a minimum US salary

Which basically means every Gardner, maid and Indian staff in the US consulate or US embassy anywhere in India needs to get paid Rs. 90,000 per month or more. Now the real fun starts. :lol:

:D yup but targeting gays you are going to face your own courts for violating your own rules hehehehe

I thought India is a democratic nation, they should protect homosexual in India and not prosecute them that again democratic principle.

Which basically means every Gardner, maid and Indian staff in the US consulate or US embassy anywhere in India needs to get paid Rs. 90,000 per month or more. Now the real fun starts. :lol:

Is there any job vacancy in US embassy ? :eek:

@Spring Onion targeting gays is not going to happen at all, that would be extremely stupid ,as i said earlier if they find out Indian worker is being payed less in US embassy in India , thats more than enough to incriminate enough US Embassy officials

Haha, that's interesting. However, that also means that they are not doing anything illegal as per Indian law, and the GoI or Indian courts cannot proseute them, only american courts can.

I am sure Indian govt. can hire lawyers in the US to file cases against the US consulate member and make sure they go to Jail for a VERY long time for exploiting Labor. :D

OK, this is getting out of control.
First it was the handcuffs, then the strip search, now the drug addicts.

India government should issue an official statement about what the specific complaints are and stop this media storm.

Agree with it. Government should step in to stop spreading of rumors..

This has zero to do with any broken law. If she killed and ate 10 New Yorkers, she has diplomatic immunity. I don't say this out of any love for foreigners. Diplomatic law has been decided as the best way for nations to deal with each other. This is after 1000's of years. How the offender is treated in their own country is in itself a diplomatic statement. Do you really want relations with a nation that would let murderers go free? This is a simpler matter. Let the Indians handle it. I'm sure her career is hurt. If a diplomat in Liberia embarrassed the Country and was kicked out, I'm sure their career would hurt, less one from the US.

India government want to make a mountain out of a mold hill.

I think it's probably the other way round.
The sitting government probably wants to downplay it, but the opposition and media want to play it up.

Same US media was going berserk over Indian women harassed in India an they are doing the same. Lets see how these hypocrites present the news.

I doubt the US media even knows or cares at this point.

However, if, God forbid, some incident should happen to a US diplomat in India then it will really spiral out of control. That's why the GoI needs to get the popular media to calm down.

remember the pressure we applied on italy to get back those marines.....its time we repeat history

This has zero to do with any broken law. If she killed and ate 10 New Yorkers, she has diplomatic immunity. I don't say this out of any love for foreigners. Diplomatic law has been decided as the best way for nations to deal with each other. This is after 1000's of years. How the offender is treated in their own country is in itself a diplomatic statement. Do you really want relations with a nation that would let murderers go free? This is a simpler matter. Let the Indians handle it. I'm sure her career is hurt. If a diplomat in Liberia embarrassed the Country and was kicked out, I'm sure their career would hurt, less one from the US.

Do you remember a US guy killed few in Pakistan? Why did US not allow Pakistan to prosecute him?

Do you remember a US guy killed few in Pakistan? Why did US not allow Pakistan to prosecute him?

thats because his personal opinions are certainly more humane than those of the US govt.

Barbaric is a very strong word.

usually good media tries NOT to go for exaggerated words

Strong word eh? See who is using it.....:)

“It is despicable and barbaric,” National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon told the Press Trust of India news agency.

I doubt the US media even knows or cares at this point.

However, if, God forbid, some incident should happen to a US diplomat in India then it will really spiral out of control. That's why the GoI needs to get the popular media to calm down.

I think they do know. Not just US... even European media started picking this up.

Indian official: Diplomat’s arrest in NYC barbaric - The Washington Post

BBC News - Devyani Khobragade: India, US row over diplomat deepens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom