What's new

India releases water into River Sutlej, worsens flood in nearby villages

Dude ji, you are misquoting me. As far as my posts are concerned, context is important. That too is missing. I gave the reference to 1988 flood as the worst case of flooding for which many people blamed India. How does that equate with me directly accusing India? Moreover, as I observed, you have obviously not read through my posts on this thread. I have been saying that India can not stop a flood. How is that different from what you are saying? My concern is that while India has multiple dams on rivers, a more timely warning is expected and called for. A number of Indian posters are supporting my stand.

Why are you the only Indian who is looking to quarrel with me. Ghar main sab OK hai? Koi Ghussa to nahi utarna hai aap ko mujh par?

Let me remind your words, "A case in point is the horrendous flood in Ravi in August 1988. I saw it & I can not forget the roar of Ravi as water passed under the bridge between Lahore city and Shahdara. Lahore was saved by last few inches of protective embankments. Ravi has not had a repeat of a super-flood like that one. The peak flow was in excess of 420,000 cusecs. For a small river like Ravi that is unimaginable. Some people justifiably blamed India for creating a really bad situation".

Sirji:smokin:, I am not quarreling with you, I have read your posts and mostly are very balanced. I am refering to your 1988 floods quote and these floods are also devastating for us too. Cheers:cheers:.......

Let me remind your words, "A case in point is the horrendous flood in Ravi in August 1988. I saw it & I can not forget the roar of Ravi as water passed under the bridge between Lahore city and Shahdara. Lahore was saved by last few inches of protective embankments. Ravi has not had a repeat of a super-flood like that one. The peak flow was in excess of 420,000 cusecs. For a small river like Ravi that is unimaginable. Some people justifiably blamed India for creating a really bad situation".

Sirji:smokin:, I am not quarreling with you, I have read your posts and mostly are very balanced. I am refering to your 1988 floods quote and these floods are also devastating for us too. Cheers:cheers:.......

a good comment from news paper comment section---

I have heard that “You can fool some people some time” BUT “You cant fool all the people all the time ”
Here in Pakistan “You can fool all the people all the time”….
Common sense ha s gone to dogs !!!

Why don't Pakistanis build a number of dams on their side of the river to control flow of water?

Oh...no money.:lol:

What a sad story. Why can't your people use their brain to protect themselves from Indian connivance ?

Because its easy to sit back and blame India than take measures to protect their own land.

Hell , if India did not build any dams, there would be no flood warnings at all - both on Indian and Pakistani sides.

Now they have got 24 hours notice , still the whining never stops , neither will they rack their brains or build up enough willpower to build some goddamn dams.

Because its easy to sit back and blame India than take measures to protect their own land.

Hell , if India did not build any dams, there would be no flood warnings at all - both on Indian and Pakistani sides.

Now they have got 24 hours notice , still the whining never stops , neither will they rack their brains or build up enough willpower to build some goddamn dams.

I think they pray a lot and expect it to work. Their God probably does not like lazy people.

Yes there is, but now they just do it and inform 24 hours before as far as I know, otherwise they are suppose to inform us a week or two before the release of water, sudden release and the amount of release both causes massive flooding !

To know the exact truth, please see the following video from another post. See from 2:35 minute onwards
Sailaab Per Wazeer-e-Aala Punjab Shahbaz Shareef se Guftagu.
http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x13fyg0

It confirms that India is not responsible.

Back
Top Bottom