What's new

India relations with GCC(middle East)

Do you think India is more close to GCC than Iran

• Yes

• NO

• Closer to GCC but portrayed closer to Iran

• Security/strategy wise closer to Iran but economically closer to GCC

Results are only viewable after voting.
If such a visit indeed takes place you can expect PDF to explode with traffic. Not the good or constructive kind mind you.

It will for sure be interesting to see what will happen in terms of bilateral relations.
We were inter linked in the past and going that way in future.

History is repeating itself and nobody can't do anything about it. Together we rise and separate we fall.

map-middle-east-original.jpg

Most of them are Indian Muslims in GCC.

Considering India population is x100 times bigger than Pakistan is just behind few numbers,

Number of Pakistanis in GCC
23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
Saudi Arabia
1,500,000+[1]
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg.png
United Arab Emirates
1,600,000+
23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png
Kuwait
150,000+
23px-Flag_of_Qatar.svg.png
Qatar
90,000[2]
23px-Flag_of_Bahrain.svg.png
Bahrain

Most of them are Indian Muslims in GCC.

Considering India population is x100 times bigger than Pakistan is just behind few numbers,

Number of Pakistanis in GCC
23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png
Saudi Arabia
1,500,000+[1]
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg.png
United Arab Emirates
1,600,000+
23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png
Kuwait
150,000+
23px-Flag_of_Qatar.svg.png
Qatar
90,000[2]
23px-Flag_of_Bahrain.svg.png
Bahrain

I don't get why you guys are discussing who is a Muslim or Hindu?
The fact is that millions of South Asians of all religions and ethnic groups are living in the GCC and contributing to the local economies and their own by sending billions upon billions of dollars back home in remittances each single year. The GCC is leading on this front (remittances) worldwide if we exclude 320 million big USA.

In most of the GCC you have mosques, churches and hindu temples in close proximity and nobody (whether locals or the migrants from South Asia or elsewhere) cause trouble for that reason. As it should be.

GCC is almost home to every single nationality that I can think about.

We were inter linked in the past and going that way in future.

History is repeating itself and nobody can't do anything about it. Together we rise and separate we fall.

Indeed and if people have a problem with that they don't know history or economics. Their problem.

Last edited:
The fact is that millions of South Asians of all religions and ethnic groups are living in the GCC and contributing to the local economies and their own by sending billions upon billions back home in remittances each single year. The GCC is leading on this front (remittances) worldwide if we exclude 320 million big USA.

In most of the GCC you have mosques, churches and hindu temples in close proximity and nobody (whether locals or the migrants from South Asia or elsewhere) cause trouble for that reason. As it should be.

Indeed and if people have a problem with that they don't know history or economics. Their problem.

He is doing that because they see everything through religion.

Charge d’ Affaires Mr. Hemant Kotalwar accompanied by Mr. Hifzur Rahman called on the Governor of Qassim Governorate Prince Dr. Faisal bin Mishaal bin Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud this morning and discussed various bilateral issues. Prince Faisal bin Mishaal emphasized on enhancing bilateral relations in diverse fields. Prince Faisal bin Mishaal further mentioned about the visit by his grandfather late King Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to India in 1955.

Cd’A also visited the Qassim Chamber of Commerce and Industry, where he was received by Mr. Ali bin Saleh bin Al Jubali, Assistant Secretary General for Executive Affairs in the presence of a number of Saudi businessmen. The two sides discussed various ways and means of promoting bilateral trade and commercial engagements. It was decided that the Embassy of India, Riyadh will be organizing a catalogue show at Qassim Chamber of Commerce and Industry soon.
11219327_889051507830974_6048966019437658565_n.jpg

Major Economic & Commercial News from India for the week ending 27.08.2015
11892214_887151111354347_2369696125723298538_n.png

He is doing that because they see everything through religion.

Charge d’ Affaires Mr. Hemant Kotalwar accompanied by Mr. Hifzur Rahman called on the Governor of Qassim Governorate Prince Dr. Faisal bin Mishaal bin Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud this morning and discussed various bilateral issues. Prince Faisal bin Mishaal emphasized on enhancing bilateral relations in diverse fields. Prince Faisal bin Mishaal further mentioned about the visit by his grandfather late King Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to India in 1955.

Cd’A also visited the Qassim Chamber of Commerce and Industry, where he was received by Mr. Ali bin Saleh bin Al Jubali, Assistant Secretary General for Executive Affairs in the presence of a number of Saudi businessmen. The two sides discussed various ways and means of promoting bilateral trade and commercial engagements. It was decided that the Embassy of India, Riyadh will be organizing a catalogue show at Qassim Chamber of Commerce and Industry soon.
11219327_889051507830974_6048966019437658565_n.jpg

I have reached a point where I have grown sick and tired of silly differences whether they are bound in religion or something else entirely. I want to see peace, prosperity and progress in not only the GCC but the Arab world and world as a whole as well. In a ideal scenario that is.

I see no reason to why the GCC or the Arab world for that matter should not have cordial business times (why not something more than just this?) with an historical ancient partner like India. I mean what we have discussed of mutual historical ties in this thread alone should tell it all. At least tell a story that there is no reason for hostility. I understand that you and Pakistan are engaged in a conflict/rivalry etc. (unfortunately) but this should not prevent the GCC from trying to have cordial ties with both of you. I can't speak for any GCC leaders but I have no doubt that the people of the GCC do not wish to create any enemies especially not with people that the GCC has had close ties with on many fronts for millenniums. Or people they live together with and know quite well.

Here is a virtual toast for further cordial ties in the future as well and for sanity to prevail in our parts of the world.

Qassim province is an important agricultural area of KSA so I hope that they also discussed agriculture which I am a big fan of personally.

I have reached a point where I have grown sick and tired of silly differences whether they are bound in religion or something else entirely. I want to see peace, prosperity and progress in not only the GCC but the Arab world and world as a whole as well. In a ideal scenario that is.

I see no reason to why the GCC or the Arab world for that matter should not have cordial business times (why not something more than just this?) with an historical ancient partner like India. I mean what we have discussed of mutual historical ties in this thread alone should tell it all. At least tell a story that there is no reason for hostility. I understand that you and Pakistan are engaged in a conflict/rivalry etc. (unfortunately) but this should not prevent the GCC from trying to have cordial ties with both of you. I can't speak for any GCC leaders but I have no doubt that the people of the GCC do not wish to create any enemies especially not with people that the GCC has had close ties with on many fronts for millenniums. Or people they live together with and know quite well.

Here is a virtual toast for further cordial ties in the future as well and for sanity to prevail in our parts of the world.

Qassim province is an important agricultural area of KSA so I hope that they also discussed agriculture which I am a big fan of personally.
Look my friend people like you are the reason why i come to this forum. As for India-Pakistan rivalry well they are same people but difference started as political (who will rule) and it turned out to hijacked by tons of other world power now.

Main difference was Pakistani establishment said ,"Hindu and muslim can't live together so Muslim need separate country"

India declined and tons of Muslim too which are Indian muslim today (those narrative were wrong as you can see hindu and Muslim living peaceful in India) also the second largest muslim population in any country.

So when they see us having good ties with any Muslim country that narration come to their mind and they can't accept that fact hence the problem.

For agriculture well we are trying tons of things and many state interlinked many rivers to sort out water problem ,also in my university which is one of the largest agriculture university lots of hybrid experiment going on to increase the crop output.

Last edited:
The fact is that millions of South Asians of all religions and ethnic groups are living in the GCC and contributing to the local economies and their own by sending billions upon billions of dollars back home in remittances each single year. The GCC is leading on this front (remittances) worldwide if we exclude 320 million big USA.

I don't know really but I just stated the fact and religion plays an important role.

Hungarian PM: We don't want more Muslims
Viktor Orban's comments come as refugees are forced off train headed towards Austria and taken to refugee camp.
Hungarian PM: We don't want more Muslims - Al Jazeera English

Look my friend people like you are the reason why i come to this forum. As for India-Pakistan rivalry well they are same people but difference started as political (who will rule) and it turned out to hijacked by tons of other world power now.

Main difference was Pakistani establishment said ,"Hindu and muslim can't live together so Muslim need separate country"

India declined and tons of Muslim too which are Indian muslim today (those narrative were wrong as you can see hindu and Muslim living peaceful in India) also the second largest muslim population in any country.

Current PM of India is anti-Muslims elected in Hindu majority.

Narendra Modi 'allowed' Gujarat 2002 anti-Muslim riots

Narendra Modi 'allowed' Gujarat 2002 anti-Muslim riots - BBC News

Also some Hindus too facing problem too though
Dalit Muslims of India

Dalit Muslims of India - Al Jazeera English

UAE Foreign Minister holds talks with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
Published September 4, 2015 | By admin
SOURCE: PTI

.jpg

UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan today held talks with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on strengthening bilateral ties in the crucial sector besides cooperation in manufacture of defence equipment here.

Defence sources said the meeting, which lasted for about 20 minutes, was held in the evening at Parrikar’s South Block office.

The talks focused on strengthening defence relations, including through regular exercises and training of naval, air, land and Special Forces, and in coastal defence.

Parrikar said he looks forward to UAE’s participation in International Fleet Review in India in February next year.

“The talks also focused on possible cooperation in manufacture of defence equipment in India,” the sources said.

FOUR INDIAN NAVAL SHIPS ARRIVE IN DUBAI TODAY
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 05, 2015 BY INDIANDEFENSE NEWS

INS_Delhi.jpg

INS Delhi is the lead ship of her class of guided-missile destroyers of the Indian Navy. She was built at the Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai and commissioned on 15 November 1997
DUBAI:
Indian Naval Ships Deepak, Delhi, Tabar and Trishul will visit Dubai from Sept 5 to 8. The ships are part of the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet based at Mumbai and are on a long-range deployment to the Arabian Gulf to enhance bilateral ties with friendly regional navies.
During the visit, the warships will have professional interactions with the defence force of the UAE for enhancing cooperation and sharing the nuances of naval operations including disaster management and combating maritime threats of terrorism and piracy. Apart from professional interactions, sports and social engagements are also planned are aimed at enhancing cooperation and understanding between the Navies.
India has an ancient maritime tradition and maritime interaction with the UAE that dates back to over 4,000 years BC.
INS Tabar (F44) "Battle Axe" is the third of the Talwar-Class Guided Missile Stealth Frigate
The Indian Navy today has multi-dimensional capabilities comprising aircraft carriers, modern ships, submarines, aircraft and marine commandos. A notable feature of the Indian Navy’s force structure is the fact that the overwhelming majority of its ships are designed and constructed in India.
The Indian Navy has close and friendly ties with all navies in the Gulf and has been regularly exercising with many of them. The Indian navy is also privileged to provide training and hydrographic support to several navies in the region. The involvement of Indian Naval ships in combating piracy off the coast of Somalia since October 2008 has further strengthened bilateral ties and interactions with navies in the region.
INS_Trishul.jpg

INS Trishul "Trident" is the second ship of the Talwar-Class Guided Missile Frigate
Bilateral relations between India and UAE have existed for a long time with treaties and agreements on extradition, mutual legal assistance in criminal and civil matters, judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters, combating trafficking in narcotics, civil aviation, cultural exchange and information cooperation.
UAE is India’s second largest trading partner and naval cooperation between the two countries have increased steadily since the inaugural Navy-to-Navy Staff Talks in Jan 07, which covered the entire gamut of IN-UAEN cooperation.
Frequent port visits by naval ships of both countries, visit by Service Chiefs and training of UAE Naval officers has further bolstered naval cooperation between the two countries.
India and UAE are also members of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS); a voluntary and co-operative initiative between 35 countries of Indian Ocean Region.
IONS has served as an ideal forum for sharing of information and cooperation on maritime issues. The current visit seeks to underscore India’s peaceful presence and solidarity with friendly countries in the Gulf and strengthen the existing bonds of friendship between India and UAE.

@Saif al-Arab

Back
Top Bottom