What's new

India Rejects 'Exit' Strategy for Afghanistan

I don't think international community is going to totally abandon Afghanistan. There will always be US military presence in Afghanistan to prevent Talibunnies from coming to power.
hahahaha when hundreds of thousands of US+nato force are not able to stop taliban then what made you think that 10000 or 20000 troops can stop taliban from comming to power....in my point of view either US is going from afghanistan to hit back with more fresh troops and new strategy later on in some 5 or 10 year or he simply does not need those troops anymore which he is leaving in afghanistan..:lol::lol:......but i think my first assumption can be true as US desperatly needs afghanistan bases to have a strong influence in asia.......and may be later on making an excuse of having heavy life loses of troops, like 9/11, he come back with more brutual force, by than afghan forces would also be ready and trained and will be able to handel border with pakistan and taliban...........

hahahaha when hundreds of thousands of US+nato force are not able to stop taliban then what made you think that 10000 or 20000 troops can stop taliban from comming to power....in my point of view either US is going from afghanistan to hit back with more fresh troops and new strategy later on in some 5 or 10 year or he simply does not need those troops anymore which he is leaving in afghanistan..:lol::lol:......but i think my first assumption can be true as US desperatly needs afghanistan bases to have a strong influence in asia.......and may be later on making an excuse of having heavy life loses of troops, like 9/11, he come back with more brutual force, by than afghan forces would also be ready and trained and will be able to handel border with pakistan and taliban...........

Talibunnies cannot come to power because they are cowards. Killing women and children or blasting off Buddha idols is not as easy as capturing power.

Talibunnies cannot come to power because they are cowards. Killing women and children or blasting off Buddha idols is not as easy as capturing power.
in my point of view, you can call them anything but not cowards.....no way..... i mean, does indian army dare facing US+ nato army with a simple AK47 and a few rockets, i bet you cannot........ yes i agree they killed people sometime innocent too, but its war man.... people get killed in war... i too, don't agree with their too hard, out of islam, philosophy of islam but for that i caanot call them cowards...

they were in the power before yankie doodles stepped in right? who will stop them now? They stand even stronger today, NATO/ ISAF need a face saving while they depart. India has no role in it.

Bilateral Security Agreement between US and Afghanistan.

With India throwing her weight as regional power as never before . BSA is life insurance for Karzai, he knows that and he will sign that.

And Pakistan is a Taliban power ?? :rofl:

Who knows.. :undecided:

??? Supa powa.. Dishum dishum... Ding ding dinga dinga ding..:D

in my point of view, you can call them anything but not cowards.....no way..... i mean, does indian army dare facing US+ nato army with a simple AK47 and a few rockets, i bet you cannot........ yes i agree they killed people sometime innocent too, but its war man.... people get killed in war... i too, don't agree with their too hard, out of islam, philosophy of islam but for that i caanot call them cowards...

Talibunnies. are essentially cowards. With in days after US supported Northern Alliance, they gave up Kabul and retreated. You may be mistaking their beheading of civilians to bravery. Any f**king pervert can behead an unarmed and tied civilian.

Moreover, unlike US forces that are not great in fighting urban and gurrella warefare, India excels in them. Talibunnies are no match to Indian armed forces. Somebody must be out of their mind to even contemplate comparing them

they were in the power before yankie doodles stepped in right? who will stop them now? They stand even stronger today, NATO/ ISAF need a face saving while they depart. India has no role in it.

They were in power at that time because nobody knew them. People ignored Afghanistan and Taliban at that time taking it as a internal matter of Afghanistan. Now knowing Taliban and the havoc they created, international community will make sure that Taliban will never come to power.

I don't think international community is going to totally abandon Afghanistan. There will always be US military presence in Afghanistan to prevent Talibunnies from coming to power.

Like the International Community didn't abandon Syria?

First they roared:
BBC News - Houla massacre: UK government 'will not abandon' Syrian people

Then they reverted:
Syria: U.S. And U.K. Cut Aid to Rebels | TIME.com

There will always be US military presence in Afghanistan to prevent Talibunnies from coming to power.
Iraq: US 'Will Not Join' Battle For Fallujah

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/w...tan-has-echoes-of-soviet-experience.html?_r=0

Talibunnies. are essentially cowards. With in days after US supported Northern Alliance, they gave up Kabul and retreated. You may be mistaking their beheading of civilians to bravery. Any f**king pervert can behead an unarmed and tied civilian.

Moreover, unlike US forces that are not great in fighting urban and gurrella warefare, India excels in them. Talibunnies are no match to Indian armed forces. Somebody must be out of their mind to even contemplate comparing them
ther is a difference between battle and a war.......... if you looses a battle that does not mean you lost a war....and for guirilla war, it is always fought in shadows........and if they are not great in fighting in gurilla wars then why cannot USA defeat them...... accept it that they are too strong to defeat in their homeground......as for as comparison with army is concerned... there is no comparrison, army is for conventonal war, they atteck and destroy their target but gurilla play hide and seek and exaust his opponent and then becomes a predator......:sniper:

Syria and Afghanistan are quite different. Does 9/11 or OBL ring some bell???

ther is a difference between battle and a war.......... if you looses a battle that does not mean you lost a war....and for guirilla war, it is always fought in shadows........and if they are not great in fighting in gurilla wars then why cannot USA defeat them...... accept it that they are too strong to defeat in their homeground......as for as comparison with army is concerned... there is no comparrison, army is for conventonal war, they atteck and destroy their target but gurilla play hide and seek and exaust his opponent and then becomes a predator......:sniper:

Who told you that US didn't defeat Talibunnies? Who is ruling Kabul?

Rejecting an "exit strategy" for Afghanistan, India today pitched for "closest international support" to prevent decade-long achievements from going "waste" in the war-torn country, where the US plans a total pull-out by this year end in absence of bilateral security agreement (BSA).

Addressing the meeting of International Contact Group (ICG) on Afghanistan-Pakistan, attended by representatives from 53 countries, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said Afghanistan was at a critical juncture and required steadfast support from the international community.

Reiterating India's support for peace and security in Afghanistan, he said what faces that country was "not anymore intrinsic tribal differences" of ethnic divisions but it was "clearly terrorism and continuability of some armed opposition groups to launch attacks on innocent civilians and legitimate Afghan government".

Asserting that the focus of the international community should be that these "terrorist groups and inspiration and support that they get from outside Afghanistan must be curtailed and contained", Khurshid said there should not be lack of will by international community to tackle the surge of terrorism and it should not be allowed to hide behind alibis and allow the achievements of 12 years to "go to waste" or "slip away".

Nothing justifies terrorism and "closest international cooperation" was required to defeat this scourge, he said and asserted that "India is and will remain committed to Afghanistan for all times to come, even beyond 2014 which is critical year for many. People may have many strategies but one strategy India rejects is an exit strategy for Afghanistan".

Later, addressing a press conference, US Deputy Special Representative for Afghanistan-Pakistan Laurel Miller said the US has been consistently maintaining that the BSA should be signed promptly and that her government strongly backs the peace process in the war-ravaged country.

"Our position remains that this agreement should be signed promptly," she said.

Laurel said delay in signing of the pact would erode the confidence of the Afghan people as well as create uncertainty among the international community.

"If the agreement is not signed promptly, we, unfortunately, will be in a position in which we will need to plan for the possibility of having no military presence in Afghanistan after 2014. That is not an outcome that we desire.

"We very strongly support peace and reconciliation process in Afghanistan and there is no genuine issue between us in terms of the objective," she said.

The US wanted the BSA to be signed before the end of 2013, but Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai refused to ink the pact asking the US to first stop the searching and bombing of Afghan houses during military operations and support meaningful talks with Taliban led by only Afghan government.

Miller also said that though Afghan President wants the US to launch the peace process and bring the Taliban to the negotiating table, it was not very easy to do so.

"Karzai has demanded in exchange for his signature on the agreement that the US deliver the Taliban to the peace table, that we create public launching of the peace talks between government of Afghanistan and Taliban.

"We would like to see public launching of the peace talks between the two parties. It is not simply the power and capability of the US to make that happen. Moreover, the Taliban publicly oppose the conclusion of the BSA," she said.

The US official said her country has also been asking Pakistan to play a positive role in the peace process.

The Chairman of the ICG, Michel Koch, who is German government's special envoy for Afghanistan, said the signing of the US-Afghan BSA will facilitate signing of similar agreement between Afghan government and NATO.

He said ICG members welcomed the progress made by the Afghan Government in preparation for the 2014 elections, including efforts to update voter registration for the next year's Presidential and Provincial Council elections.

"They note the importance of level playing field for all candidates in the presidential election as essential for a fair contest. Contact group members reaffirmed their support for the election as essential for a fair contest," he said.

In the meeting, Afghan Government reiterated its assurances as to guaranteeing equal access to state resources.

The Contact Group members also underscored the importance of a credible and impartial Independent Electoral Complaints Commission and the speedy establishment of its nationwide operational structure.

The members indicated their confidence in the capability of the Afghan Security Forces to ensure security for the elections.

India was represented by its Special Envoy for Afghanistan-Pakistan S K Lambah at ICG, which is the main forum for political coordination with respect to the international efforts for peace and stability in Afghanistan and the region.

Significantly, India is also hosting 'Heart of Asia' (HoA) meet tomorrow, in which Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh will represent the country.

The HoA is part of the 'Istanbul Process' which aims at achieving lasting stability and prosperity, anchored in a regional environment that was stable, economically integrated and conducive to shared prosperity

India Rejects 'Exit' Strategy for Afghanistan

@kaykay @Roybot @janon @nick_indian @IndoCarib @GR!FF!N @Ayush @danish_vij @karan.1970 @Contrarian @INDIC
These pathetic endians obsessed with Pakistan will interfere everywhere where Pakistan is involved but you have to accept your humiliating defeat there or stay there and get killed along with your american brothers.They know they must engage the afghan taliban or if they got strong in there,there next target is liberating endian occupied kashmir.But no matter what happen you will never be able to force pakistan to withdraw it,s attention from kashmir issue.You should have learn something from the past decade.Just wait and see we will shatter every single wet dream of yours.

Syria and Afghanistan are quite different. Does 9/11 or OBL ring some bell???

Are you kidding me? Do you even the know the stakes in Syria? Jeez, go read a paper sometime. If ISIS get Syria, they get Iraq and bish bash bosh... Shit hole Express! The US and EU cannot enter another serious conflict, they know and they are more concerned about economic recovery than global domination. Cash is King

BBC News - UK military cuts 'will damage partnership with US'

Are you kidding me? Do you even the know the stakes in Syria? Jeez, go read a paper sometime. If ISIS get Syria, they get Iraq and bish bash bosh... Shit hole Express! The US and EU cannot enter another serious conflict, they know and they are more concerned about economic recovery than global domination. Cash is King

BBC News - UK military cuts 'will damage partnership with US'

As I said Syria and Afghanistan are quite different. If you fail to recognize the difference I cannot help.

As I said Syria and Afghanistan are quite different. If you fail to recognize the difference I cannot help.
Rofl, you cannot help? More like I cannot help you relaize the flawed logic of your debate. Go on, you are trying to consider that the US would want to stay in Afghanistan post 2014 in a full spectrum position, you are deluded. The US has other plans, please wake up and start smelling the coffee.

We have been saying this since 2006 in Pakistan and predicting 2014 and guess what... It's happening, when will you guys get it? The political mileage and regional balance of power is changing, the US has other interests... DID you even bother to read what i posted?

If taliban comes to power, US B2 will bomb them back to the holes the emerge from

RUSI - Towards a Stable Afghanistan: The Way Forward

Towards a Stable Afghanistan: The Way Forward
As Afghanistan approaches the 2014 deadline for the drawdown of most of the military forces in the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), there is considerable, and justifiable, anxiety among all the stakeholders, including the government of Afghanistan, the countries contributing troops and assistance on the ground, and Afghanistan's regional neighbours.
Doubts persist about the enduring ability of Afghanistan's authorities to prevent and repel a potential onslaught from Taliban forces and other potential rebels. There are also serious questions about the state of the country's finances, as well as the impact of reductions in existing development programmes.

At the same time, there is a determination among all stakeholders to prevent a repeat of the unhappy experiences of the past, when military drawdowns were followed by international neglect and a fresh wave of violence, with serious implications for regional security. Provided the tasks are shared between all stakeholders, duplication is avoided, and efforts are concentrated on essential tasks and applied with due diligence, there is still a good chance for a new Afghanistan to emerge from the cycle of violence which it has now endured for over three decades.

While the US remains, by far, the biggest single contributor to both the military operations and economic reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan, the UK is the second-biggest contributor to the ISAF forces, and India is a major aid donor, with a palpable and growing stake in the country's security and its contribution to regional stability. Neither RUSI nor VIF make any claim to speak on behalf of their countries' governments, or seek to replace the military, political and diplomatic work undertaken by state officials.

Given the wealth of experience both institutions have in studying the management of various domestic and international conflicts, RUSI and VIF established a joint working group to identify the areas in which their two countries can collaborate in contributing to Afghanistan's long-term prosperity. Experts from the two institutions met in New Delhi and London during October and November 2011. The opinions of a wider circle of government officials, academics and experts from the two countries were also sought and taken into account in the final draft of this report. While the views of this paper represent the considered opinions of all the working group members and acknowledge the policy constraints which may apply in both the UK and India, they should not be regarded as reflecting the opinion of either government.

Back
Top Bottom