What's new

India Rejects 'Exit' Strategy for Afghanistan

Rolf, you cannot help? More like I cannot help you relaize the flawed logic of your debate. Go on, you are trying to consider that the US would want to stay in Afghanistan post 2014 in a full spectrum position, you are deluded. The US has other plans, please wake up and start smelling the coffee.

We have been saying this since 2006 in Pakistan and predicting 2014 and guess what... It's happening, when will you guys get it? The political mileage and regional balance of power is changing, the US has other interests... DID you even bother to read what i posted?

Mark my word, Taliban is not going to come to power...ever. Simply because, unlike Syria, Afghanistan situation has effected the world's security more than anything in the recent past. It changed the course of World's history.

And for that US doesn't have to stay full force in Afghanistan. With the help of US, India and other NATO countries, Afghanistan has developed to certain extent a professional army to take care of its security. If the need arise, international community will always step in.

Whatever happens in Afghanistan post 2014, India has made substantial gains as compared to its position before 9/11.
If the democratic govt. in Afghanistan does well, great.If not, then a power sharing between govt. and taliban with Afghan govt. controlling the urban economy is still better than outright taliban rule.
Taliban will anyways die out slowly, as Afghanistan develops and modernizes.
Time is on our side here.

Mark my word, Taliban is not going to come to power...ever. .
Al Qaeda Forces In Iraq Take Over Fallujah And Ramadi

If the need arise, international community will always step in.
Iraq: US 'Will Not Join' Battle For Fallujah

Afghanistan has developed to certain extent a professional army to take care of its security.
2nbac5d.jpg

With the help of US, India and other NATO countries,
1_pigs_can_fly.jpg

If you feel that things will be in Afghanistan as you want, then why fear India - Afghanistan relations or US - Afghanistan relations :lol:

Oh brother, I am talking to someone who still doesn't get it... Listen up fella, I have worked in Afghanistan and have Afghan friends across the border, I and many more like me want a stable Afghanistan, but that stability is not going to come from Kabul and it is not driven Top Down... Get up, get a ticket and visit Afghanistan, can you even go outside Kandahar?..... Just answer that question first :D

For Stability to come in Afghanistan you have to get the tribes involved and no, I am not talking about ALP initiative , that is just giving more power to Warlords, the same people the US wanted to defeat!

If taliban comes to power, US B2 will bomb them back to the holes the emerge from

US will never get involved in Afghanistan... That is sadly a real fact!

Oh brother, I am talking to someone who still doesn't get it... Listen up fella, I have worked in Afghanistan and have Afghan friends across the border, I and many more like me want a stable Afghanistan, but that stability is not going to come from Kabul and it is not driven Top Down... Get up, get a ticket and visit Afghanistan, can you even go outside Kandahar?..... Just answer that question first :D

For Stability to come in Afghanistan you have to get the tribes involved and no, I am not talking about ALP initiative , that is just giving more power to Warlords, the same people the US wanted to defeat!

You seems to missed my point. However you may argue, Afghanistan won't be same as before. US is going to station its troops for indefinite period not only to thwart Taliban but also to have look out on China. India is going to invest more to buy more influence in Afghanistan to thwart Pakistan. Yes, on one point I agree with you. Everyone wants stable Afghanistan, and yes for that some internal arrangements and power sharing could be done between various parties that may also include Taliban.

US will never get involved in Afghanistan... That is sadly a real fact!

You may want to check the definition of "fact".Lemme put it here for you :D
Fact:A fact (derived from the Latin factum) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case.

What you said is prediction and not a fact.Radical concept I know.

And since we are making predictions, I 'll have go too.
US will not completely leave Afghanistan for atleast the next 50 years.
Once yanks get their teeth into a strategic piece of real estate, they don't let go.

You may want to check the definition of "fact".Lemme put it here for you :D
Fact:A fact (derived from the Latin factum) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case.

What you said is prediction and not a fact.Radical concept I know.

And since we are making predictions, I 'll have go too.
US will not completely leave Afghanistan for atleast the next 50 years.
Once yanks get their teeth into a strategic piece of real estate, they don't let go.

So true...Afghanistan's location makes an ideal location for US to station troops. The next great strategic game will be played in Asia.

Don't throw your toys out of the pram.Just being curios is all/ :D
Mind your language, you know perfectly well what that term means to a Pakistani, i could have resorted to similar language but i would rather keep this debate about the subject at hand, you have also been reported to the moderators for abusive language, might want to check the forum rules before posting inflammatory statements next time.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom