What's new

India readies hi-tech naval base to keep eye on China

though it is only a story,it is really not bad for you that Pakistan has nuke.
imagine if you have nuke and Pakistan dont,would you now living in peace?may not,dont forget how many wars you fight each other before you both get nuke,and how many after it.
do you agree?

We had to embarked on the journey to nukes only after US (& other western countries) threaten us with it in 1971, USS enterprise was entering BoB. Still we maintain a No First Use (NFU) policy, & our nukes aren't Country Specific but Threat specific. In any case, we will not be the one to initiate nuke war.

But entire Pakistani Nuclear Program is made keeping India in mind, It is only India against which these weapons will be used add to that the fact that GoP at times openly threatens India to use nukes first on Indian cities (Our leaders have never made any such comments threatening any country with nukes), so we have every RIGHT to urge countries like China not to indulge in nuclear proliferation. If there is any Trust Deficit b/w India & China, than it's not about Border or Dalai Lama but China's extensive support to Pakistan in the military & (esp.) Nuclear sphere.

As far as your claim for maintaining PEACE is concern, than we had as much as four wars with Pakistan & world acknowledge the fact that India wasn't the one to initiate any of them.

though it is only a story,it is really not bad for you that Pakistan has nuke.
imagine if you have nuke and Pakistan dont,would you now living in peace?may not,dont forget how many wars you fight each other before you both get nuke,and how many after it.
do you agree?

really can you tell me which war did we start against Pakistan....all of them were started by Pakistan not us....after loosing all the war against India with nuke in their mind they started the kargil war and when we kicked them hard they went on threatening us with nukes don't forget that, only when we put our nuclear forces armed and ready to fire from land and by planes Pakistan backed off begging to Killington to bring a ceasefire...... also we never publicly said we would use against Pakistan, but how many times Pakistan threatens with nukes against us? learn before writing....and our nuclear program was started keeping in mind China not Pakistan, why do we need nukes to kick Pakistan

It took China almost 40 years to reach what it is today. Countless people sacrificed either willingly or unwillingly, but sacrificed non the less. India I'm sure has endured the same more or less.

Why would there be people that want to destroy this?

If we are to bring up history, I want to know who do you hate/mistrust more? China? Or UK who has colonized India. No matter how much the Chinese has done it can't be more than UK.

China and India team up to ditch the developing country tag and finally make this the Asian century should be the goal of every Chinese and Indian, should it not?

Welcome to the forum sir I hope thier are more people like you
& I also hope that both our countries start friendship to develop in peace & prosperity

Also don't believe on indian media they have made this imaginary china threat in the eyes of Indian people I can tell you this bcauz I was anti-china before but after seeing the situation through this forum I realised that china & india can be great friends
& all this china threat nonsense is created by our useless media

haha,someone got crazy at my words.
maybe you would not use nuke first no matter Pakistan have nuke or not.frankly it is something i would believe.
but it doesnt support there would be no war.on the contrary,when you have nuke while your enemy dont,your mind would change,your people will think that you would win 100% and hence require for getting kashmir,even if your govt dont want war,it wont under control........

haha,someone got crazy at my words.
maybe you would not use nuke first no matter Pakistan have nuke or not.frankly it is something i would believe.
but it doesnt support there would be no war.on the contrary,when you have nuke while your enemy dont,your mind would change,your people will think that you would win 100% and hence require for getting kashmir,even if your govt dont want war,it wont under control........

what would be the reaction of your government if Japan builds nukes and then help and arm Viet nan with it.... Pakistan building nukes not a problem but with threatening is the problem....when one of your enemy arm one of your another enemy who already obtain a nuke and still try to claim you as a friend, what would be your reaction to that....won't you bomb him back to hell before he could do to you...?

what would be the reaction of your government if Japan builds nukes and then help and arm Viet nan with it.... Pakistan building nukes not a problem but with threatening is the problem....when one of your enemy arm one of your another enemy who already obtain a nuke and still try to claim you as a friend, what would be your reaction to that....won't you bomb him back to hell before he could do to you...?
good question.but it is uncle Sam who should worry more if Japan get nukes.
and again,no evidence to support your story

good question.but it is uncle Sam who should worry more if Japan get nukes.
and again,no evidence to support your story

If china nuke japan... end of the asian century....

no surprise. Chinese love to bully the weak and bow to the mighty. They are so. They like to bully weaker opponents such as Vietnam and Philippines, and try to appease stronger ones such as Japan and India.

Dont say that dude, u were the ones beat the **** outta current hyper power 40 years back, gave China a bloody nose in 1979. Only pathetic fools and incredible dumbos would consider you weak

Dont say that dude, u were the ones beat the **** outta current hyper power 40 years back, gave China a bloody nose in 1979. Only pathetic fools and incredible dumbos would consider you weak

this newbies cheerleading skill reaches to a new level``:D

is this how low caste indians talking to high caste owners in India? :D

I don't think India-pakistan relationship can be any worse than China-Japan relationship.

this newbies cheerleading skill reaches to a new level``:D

Try to counter a fact with a fact otherwise i dont give a flying **** to what a brainwashed commie says.

is this how low caste indians talking to high caste owners in India? :D
No this is how sane people give credit where it is due, dumbo u never understand

What's the high tech? Sub pens? something from 2nd world war era, nothing more than a fortified bunker for a sub.

NEW DELHI: Slowly but steadily, India's new futuristic naval base is beginning to take concrete shape on the eastern seaboard. The strategic base, with an eye firmly on China, will eventually even have underground pens or bunkers to protect nuclear submarines both from spy satellites and enemy air attacks.

Sources said a flurry of discussions and meetings have been held in the PMO and defence ministry over the last couple of months to firm up "expansion plans'' for a base located near Rambilli called "Project Varsha" on the Andhra coast — just about 50 km from the Eastern Naval Command headquarters at Visakhapatnam — over the coming decade.

Though it's still very early days for Project Varsha, some bill it as an answer to China's massive underground nuclear submarine base at Yalong on the southernmost tip of Hainan Island, which houses its new Shang-class SSNs (nuclear-powered attack submarines) and the Jin-class SSBNs (nuclear-powered submarines with long-range nuclear missiles).

Although land acquisitions and incremental development work on the base under the secretive project kicked off a few years ago, it is set to take off in a major way with the construction of tunnels, jetties, depots, workshops and accommodation. "Further land acquisitions for the sprawling base to be spread over 20 sq km are now underway, with long-term budget allocations also being planned,'' said a source.

The endeavour dovetails into the overall policy to bolster force-levels on the eastern seaboard, with new warships, aircraft and spy drones as well as forward-operating (FOBs) and operational turnaround (OTR) bases, to counter China's expanding footprint in the entire Indian Ocean Region (IOR).

Naval assets to protect India's long coastline and keep watch over the crucial trade corridors in the Indian Ocean are essential to Indian interests. The strategic value of force projection beyond the Andaman islands is seen in terms of deterrence as well given the aggressive military Chinese expansion. India's own SSBN programme is also poised to turn the corner soon with sea trials of the 6,000-tonne INS Arihant slated to begin off Visakhapatnam. INS Arihant and its three "follow-on'' SSBNs, which will complete India's elusive nuclear weapon triad since they will be armed with the `K' series of submarine-launched ballistic missiles, as well as other frontline warships will be housed at the new base.

The Navy plans to operate at least three SSBNs and six SSNs in the long run for effective nuclear deterrence. Moreover, after inducting the 8,140-tonne INS Chakra submarine on a 10-year lease from Russia last year, India is now negotiating the lease of another such nuclear-powered Akula-II class submarine, as was earlier reported by TOI.

Project Varsha's ambitious scale in the years ahead will rival the expansive "Project Seabird'' under which the Karwar naval base has come up in coastal Karnataka to give India both strategic depth and operational flexibility on the western seaboard against Pakistan. While Karwar will decongest the over-crowded Mumbai port, the new base will do the same for Vizag on the east.

Karwar can currently base 11 major warships and 10 yard-craft after completion of its Phase-I at a cost of Rs 2,629 crore. The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) had last year approved Rs 13,000 crore for its expansion under Phase-IIA to ensure it can berth 32 major warships and submarines by 2018-19.

Karwar will be the home base for aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, the 44,570-tonne Admiral Gorshkov being refitted in Russia for $2.33 billion, as well as the six French Scorpene submarines being built at Mazagon Docks for Rs 23,562 crore.

India readies hi-tech naval base to keep eye on China - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom