What's new

India readies hi-tech naval base to keep eye on China

I first read about 'Project Varsha' a while back, its good to see its getting off the ground as this is a vital base for us in the long term.

Isn't the the same base that was called 'Sea King'

Yes Chinese and Indian friendship is good for Asia and we also like to get close with China.

What about the Nuclear and Military weapon support to Pakistan???

Is the question and is the big obstacle here, as the military and nuke tech to Pakistan continues India will become suspicious over China. Which is also justified.

that's what called as mutual interest.
i bet india will do same the thing if india on china position !

that's what called as mutual interest.
i bet india will do same the thing if india on china position !

I get that, if India helped Japan or Philippines in a situation like India Pakistan I guess the Chinese would be pissed. The problem now is the Pakistan relationship was cemented when nobody wanted to play with China but the poor kids. Now that China is bigger and richer, China can't just say, yea I got new friends now, more important than you so, have a good life.

It's a tough situation to say the least, but more dialog and perhaps more transparency.

But one thing is weird to me, I hate to admit this but China hates Japan not really for the War but for Japan batting out of order in Chinese Eyes. The number 9 hitter batted clean up and is hitting home runs, while the former clean up hitter is striking out each time. What's the deal with India Pakistan? Is it just border issues?

I believe the highlighted part :cheers:

China India had one "war" 50 years ago. Isn't it time to move on? Today's China is not the same nor is India.

China and India's goal today should be one of friendship and not mistrust. China and India, both populous, both with rich history and both on the same continent. There is far more to be gained in peace than war.

You are correct. Neither India nor China is looking for a conflict. But both countries are revamping their Defence equipment and forces. That is a natural process.

Can the Indians watch Gwadar from there?

:lol:

Nope. But India can watch Gwadar and all of Pakistan from the Skies and is already doing so! ;)

These strategic ports,Naval bases and other strategic assets that either countries comes up with are just preemptive measures.It does not necessarily mean that we should be cynical about each others intentions.For example I often come across some of the comments made by my fellow countrymen like China is trying to surround India via it's string of pearls strategy and building ports in Sl.I often hear this Parthasarathi guy ranting about it on times Now and HT.But they strangely forget to acknowledge the fact that these moves could not have been a part of a pre-planned strategy since the much talked about Hambantota port in SL was first offered to India and it is only after India rejected it that China took up the project.So trying to join the dots just for the sake of it is something we should get over with.The same applies to China as well.Most Chinese members as I know are pissed off by the fact that there are Tibetan refugees in India and the Dalai Lama has been granted asylum in Dharmshala. But they'll have to come to terms with the fact that this is not a part of any bigger game plan and the moves made by the then Indian Govt. were based on some genuine concerns regarding the expansionist approach of the PLAN and CCP at that time.People in Delhi were naturally concerned and these concerns actually fructified in 1962.So we should not loose sleep on petty issues.

I get that, if India helped Japan or Philippines in a situation like India Pakistan I guess the Chinese would be pissed. The problem now is the Pakistan relationship was cemented when nobody wanted to play with China but the poor kids. Now that China is bigger and richer, China can't just say, yea I got new friends now, more important than you so, have a good life.

It's a tough situation to say the least, but more dialog and perhaps more transparency.

But one thing is weird to me, I hate to admit this but China hates Japan not really for the War but for Japan batting out of order in Chinese Eyes. The number 9 hitter batted clean up and is hitting home runs, while the former clean up hitter is striking out each time. What's the deal with India Pakistan? Is it just border issues?

it will not go well with pakistanis:rofl:

China India had one "war" 50 years ago. Isn't it time to move on? Today's China is not the same nor is India.

China and India's goal today should be one of friendship and not mistrust. China and India, both populous, both with rich history and both on the same continent. There is far more to be gained in peace than war.

Are you Chinese Guy....?....Please don confuse me.

we will get Zangnan any time we think fit! hahaha!

Are you Chinese Guy....?....Please don confuse me.
no surprise. Chinese love to bully the weak and bow to the mighty. They are so. They like to bully weaker opponents such as Vietnam and Philippines, and try to appease stronger ones such as Japan and India.

CHINA Mentality:

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

INDIAN Truth-

Avoid him who talks sweetly before you but tries to ruin you behind your back, for he is like a pitcher full of poison with milk on top.

CHANAKYA, Vridda-Chanakya

CHINA Action-

It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

INDIAN Reaction-

We return evil for evil, in which there is no sin, for it is necessary to pay a wicked man in his own coin.

CHANAKYA, Vridda-Chanakya

no surprise. Chinese love to bully the weak and bow to the mighty. They are so. They like to bully weaker opponents such as Vietnam and Philippines, and try to appease stronger ones such as Japan and India.

oh please my dear, i though you are stronger than that please don't cry on here.
Vietnam can kick USA , France in the past so why you scared to china now ?
china shows good gesture to India , all depending on India whether they accept it or not.
Friend or Foe :cheers:

but the problem is the Indian high ego wont see it````

you know less capable people always dreams high``

ONLY friendship with chinese is the solution of any situation that may arise in future, if we dont have that border with chinese issue i m sure that we are better friends than any of the countries in the world.
War between countries doesn't mean that they cant be friends forever , (SEE CHINA AND RUSSIA).

dont worry, taking indians classic 'efficiency' in to account, it will be 10 years for them to get that base ready```especially there is a word 'high-tech' attached to it`so they have to buy from western again, and you know indian style bidding takes another 5 years to be best

Back
Top Bottom