What's new

India protests, Vietnam buys arms from Pakistan

I don't understand why India should protest.

It is a deal between two independent countries, do we listen to anyone when we buy weapons for our use.

In small arms Pakistan has a distinct advantage as it is run as a cottage industry in the NWFP areas where every house makes and has their own weapons. So this gives them a advantage.

With so much fighting going on the equipment must be well tried and tested and the prices will be reasonable. So Vietnam decided to go with Pakistan.

As a nation if Pakistanis feel proud so be it why should we comment on it. Everyone knows how much our exports are worth well in this case if they exported some weapons why are we denying them the credit.

Dude, what am i saying is that comparing PK-9 with Dhruv is like comparing apple with orange. You questioned reliability of Indian equipment whilst taking credit for licensed POF small arms sale.

Yes if India would have sold Su-30 to Vietnam, your argument will be more apt although making small arm is easy as compared to fighter jet.

Well actually it's a little more than that.
If a PK-9 misfires, you will never hear about it but when something like a Dhruv falls out of the sky, it's bound to make some news.
My point was that India's famous export is not exactly receiving healthy publicity for it's reliability. This is at least third known crash involving Dhruv.

Well actually it's a little more than that.
If a PK-9 misfires, you will never hear about it but when something like a Dhruv falls out of the sky, it's bound to make some news.
My point was that India's famous export is not exactly receiving healthy publicity for it's reliability. This is at least third known crash involving Dhruv.

This is nothing but anti India bias. Which airborne machine hasn't crashed? Name it- russian Mi series, american bell or European.Probably Russia has highest number of crashes under its belt yet their order books are full. Not to mention your own military operates russain hardware and ever eager to get more. That doesn't deter you, why?

Pilots escaping unhurt in crashes speaks for itself on reliability. Comparing a complex machine like chopper to simplistic licensed made gun is not fair.

Btw ALH Dhruv is a platform for future needs like LCH.

This is nothing but anti India bias. Which airborne machine hasn't crashed? Name it- russian Mi series, american bell or European.Probably Russia has highest number of crashes under its belt yet their order books are full. Not to mention your own military operates russain hardware and ever eager to get more. That doesn't deter you, why?

Pilots escaping unhurt in crashes speaks for itself on reliability. Comparing a complex machine like chopper to simplistic licensed made gun is not fair.

Btw ALH Dhruv is a platform for future needs like LCH.

There is no competition or comparison here. Aircrafts all over the world indeed suffer attrition but it all comes down to the nature of accidents and circumstances behind the mis-hap. People do sometimes walk away from a crash and often there are fatalities as happened in the case of IAF "Sarang" team.

There is no competition or comparison here. Aircrafts all over the world indeed suffer attrition but it all comes down to the nature of accidents and circumstances behind the mis-hap. People do sometimes walk away from a crash and often there are fatalities as happened in the case of IAF "Sarang" team.

So you are saying that there is no casualties when a PAF aircraft crashes??

India thinks whole world belong to them. First AP now Vietnam..hahaha

Mwahahahaha... I think something is burning! :flame:

We know USA does whine about a lot of things... but they have power. As for regional power, china is dominant over India and both Pakistan and China aren't the best of friends to India (i.e. they won't take orders from India). India can whine but it'll look bad on their part- they won't be taken seriously as all regional countries are either not 100% friendly to them or are under influence of bigger powers such as China. No offense Indian members :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom