What's new

India Planning To Launch Own Space Station By 2030

Building a space station is basically 1960s tech. There are private companies and University Engineering teams who can build a space station where astronauts can survive. This mission is only to serve Indian pride.

A real mission would be if all the major world space powers come together to build and fund a gigantic space station which can be used to space faring mission.

A real mission would be if all the major world space powers come together to build and fund a gigantic space station which can be used to space faring mission.

Yes, I too have wondered if a big space station can be constructed in GEO which can be used as construction yard for building interplanetary spaceships. The interplanetary spaceships can be sent in module form to this yard.

@RealNapster @Hamartia Antidote @Levina @denel

Yes, I too have wondered if a big space station can be constructed in GEO which can be used as construction yard for building interplanetary spaceships. The interplanetary spaceships can be sent in module form to this yard.

@RealNapster @Hamartia Antidote @Levina @denel

Or built a station on moon. Use it for helium mining as well as a Base station for further space exploration.

Or built a station on moon. Use it for helium mining as well as a Base station for further space exploration.

Agreed.

The moon doesn't have much of an atmosphere to make it difficult for space ships to lift off.

About moon mining, yes moon mining can be done. I think this was the story of the film Moon. I haven't watched that film.

And have you read Ben Bova's books Moonrise and Moon Base ??

The moon doesn't have much of an atmosphere to make it difficult for space ships to lift off.

Also, you dont have to worry about space debris hitting and destroying your space station. A secure place to invest

And have you read Ben Bova's books Moonrise and Moon Base ??

No. Not yet. Should i ?

Last edited:
Also, you dont have to worry about space debris hitting and destroying your space station. A secure place

You mean a station on moon surface ??

There are ideas that propose using "Lunacrete" ( Lunar soil concrete ) to construct shelters.

No. Not yet. Should i ?

You should. Ben Bova writes "hard science fiction" which means close to reality.

You should also read his Mars and Return to Mars.

You mean a station on moon surface ??

Yes. If its on surface, i am pretty much sure it “wont fall”.

There are ideas that propose using "Lunacrete" ( Lunar soil concrete ) to construct shelters

Yes. First step will be to bring some material to earth and experiment appropriately designed 3D printing machines as per the soil details. Then send those printing machines to moon to built stations. Then shift food makung 3D printers. And then send humans...

You should. Ben Bova writes "hard science fiction" which means close to reality.

You should also read his Mars and Return to Mars

I am about to get 3 months leave. (No i am not expecting- not pregnancy leave). Inshallah will read in this time.

This^^

I'm not sure why more countries are not investing in a moon base. Better to have a base on moon in 10-15 years than wait to go to Mars in 20-30 years.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom