What's new

Featured India Passes Law Making Compulsory Teaching of Hindu Ramayana and Gita in Islamic Madrassas

Madaris that are accredited to NIOS have subjects like Yoga, Vedas, Sanskrit, Ramayana among others, and these are optional subjects. If you don't want to learn them feel free to opt for other subjects. NIOS is not just for Madaris but a lot of people who haven't completed or cannot afford to go to school, schools that give free education run by NGOs are accredited to NIOS. You can select the subjects you want to study. Also, most Madaris in India is not accredited to NIOS.

PS: Anyone who learns their native language, they all possibly learn at least a section of these Indian classics because Indian languages are centred around these epics.

A slightly tangential question.
I never understood why Madressas are needed by Muslims. I am not saying stop doing it. Just a curious question.

Other religions - Hinduism, Christanity, Buddhism etc do not have any equivalent system like that. They learn about their religion from their elders at home, through self-reading, from movies, documentaries, visiting places of worship etc.

Is Islam so difficult to understand that children need to go to a separate school and invest years understanding it?
Are you stupid or what. Don’t the Christians and Jews have seminaries and theological schools? Don’t the Buddhist have monasteries? Which rock have you been living under?

Are you stupid or what. Don’t the Christians and Jews have seminaries and theological schools? Don’t the Buddhist have monasteries? Which rock have you been living under?
People go to monasteries to actually train for becoming monks. Regular Buddhists wanting to lead regular wordly lives dont go to study in monasteries. Apply same to Chirstians & Jews.

our ignorance helped us rule over you for 800 years. Your smartness didn’t help much and it will not in the future.

Your smartness or rather your belief that you are smarter than the rest maybe be the reason that you have a longer history as slaves than as free people.

I feel no shame in being ruled by non Hindus. The Muslim rulers of India ruled India for a reason. They were better organized, more motivated and had better military technology. But ultimately Islamic countries were unable to cope with a changing world. That system that propelled them to conquer most of the world was not flexible enough. The belief system was too rigid, and there were not enough critical thinkers.

Continue with your rigid thinking its taken you from rulers of the world to where you are today.

Apply same to Chirstians & Jews.

Christians have Convent schools and Sunday schools, Jews have Yeshivas, Hindus probably have all sorts of schools affiliated with your rotten Sangh, but Muslims are evil for wanting to learn more about Islam and the Quran!

Christians have Convent schools and Sunday schools, Jews have Yeshivas, Hindus probably have all sorts of schools affiliated with your rotten Sangh, but Muslims are evil for wanting to learn more about Islam and the Quran!
When did I say evil? I am just curious to know.
I have myself studied in a convent school. It was only a single class of 30 min where Catholics were taken aside for Bible study. Rest of the school time had regular studies. Cant comment on Jews because there are hardly any in India.

Reruns of Ramayana and Mahabharata more entertaining than forced learning...Alif Laila can also be included to respect Muslim sensibilties....it was also as big a favourite of mine

I am just curious to know.

Lol how are you people so clueless about the world around you? Really bizarre to me. 10% of your country is Muslim.

It was only a single class of 30 min where Catholics were taken aside for Bible study. Rest of the school time had regular studies.

Madrasas are like this too. There are some madrasas which train people to become teachers or scholars, but in others students just go on to university like other high school graduates because their curriculum isn't very different.

I feel no shame in being ruled by non Hindus. The Muslim rulers of India ruled India for a reason. They were better organized, more motivated and had better military technology. But ultimately Islamic countries were unable to cope with a changing world. That system that propelled them to conquer most of the world was not flexible enough. The belief system was too rigid, and there were not enough critical thinkers.

Continue with your rigid thinking its taken you from rulers of the world to where you are today.
You are wrong here. Islam is a universal religion and not the only one. It’s for all people and all times. It’s the people who interpret and implement it and that does change. Historical decline of a society does not suggest the irrelevance of the universal beliefs. Islam is the most pragmatic and relevant religion to the post-modern world. If you don’t know that it’s is your problem not Islam’s.

You are wrong here. Islam is a universal religion and not the only one. It’s for all people and all times. It’s the people who interpret and implement it and that does change. Historical decline of a society does not suggest the irrelevance of the universal beliefs. Islam is the most pragmatic and relevant religion to the post-modern world. If you don’t know that it’s is your problem not Islam’s.

Give me evidence to back those claims.

Lol how are you people so clueless about the world around you? Really bizarre to me. 10% of your country is Muslim.

Madrasas are like this too. There are some madrasas which train people to become teachers or scholars, but in others students just go on to university like other high school graduates because their curriculum isn't very different.
I never asked this question to any Muslim before. There is always a first time for everything. So pardon my ignorance here.

So, most Madrasas have only a small time devoted to religious teaching and a major chunk on regular curriculum?

The strongest exponents of Islam were the Rashidun,Ummayads,Egyptian Mamluks and the Ottomans...A muslim society needs to follow the Ottoman blueprint...the leader of a Muslim nation needs to have a royal harem..artillery technology second to none...

Back
Top Bottom