What's new

India-Pakistan Standoff September 2016 - Member opinions

My bad sir,You wrote that Durand line should be reviewed but it not merely a Question of some villages or some Sq km of lands actually there are folks in Afghanistan who claim kpk and Balochistan and then there are folks who jump to last Panipat war and they claim whole of Pakistan including Rann of kutch and Amritsar.As you wrote about weak neighbour's I must tell in last 70 years durand line never required any Passport or document to get crossed untill now when kabuli elites just crossed every limit.
Just imagine if Afghan's are given what they claim and very next day India would be dealing handicapped Ghani,Drug Dealer Abdullah and Killer Dostum along with tons of opium crossing into India everyday.

Just between you and me and the lamp-post, and please don't share it with the fan-boys, one of the cardinal reasons for India to prop up Pakistan and support it in every way that it can is to serve to buffer us from the chaos that is Afghanistan.

Thank you for small mercies, but nobody in Kashmir speaks Pushto.

As for the rest, it is naive of those who think that there will be immediate retaliation.
Assuming we're being told the truth. Again, no evidence has yet been presented, and the Indian government has yet to do a proper investigation.

Assuming we're being told the truth. Again, no evidence has yet been presented, and the Indian government has yet to do a proper investigation.

Actually, it's my own little lie. I love spending my time picking up information from unreliable sources and pandering them. It's nice to be recognised, though rather late in life. Thank you.

Picking up a recovered map, and somebody discovering it to be annotated in Pushto doesn't require a 'proper investigation'.

Just between you and me and the lamp-post, and please don't share it with the fan-boys, one of the cardinal reasons for India to prop up Pakistan and support it in every way that it can is to serve to buffer us from the chaos that is Afghanistan.

Thank God a traitor understands that (personally I would label you an Indian and not a traitor whose sole purpose in old age is to please Pakistanis). I always feel anger when these ungrateful modi indians blame us for all the ills. Don't they ever think the thugs who enjoy beheading Muslims how would they go gaga when they behead a real modi infidel?

Not needed anything like that. PM should simply highlight human rights violations in IOK and India's interference in Balochistan.

That is enough.

I doubt tht PM Nawaz will raise indian terrorism in Pakistan at UN....i dont think he will do so :( he will raise kashmir issue forcefully , this time, only because he has no other way out/ choice

Well I know that and certainly Atal Bihari Bajpaiye once also said that.You see sir,some time I use to wonder how Taliban can oil,grease maintain there war machinery,I equated what if Pakistan supported them or Russia supported them or India supported them,but I just admitted that at end no country including Pakistan will support them continuously for 20 years,it will be just like another Army to operate then while working with NCD I got my Answer.
....Afghanistan produces 92 of illicit opium in world,in 2007 they exported opium worth 4 billion $(figure is high as 8).In recent years they have increased production upto 61%as compared to 2007.
.....Helmand produces 40% of all Afghan opium trade,and it's the most contested region in Afghanistan.From here opium is smuggled into Pakistan,Iran and from there to rest of world.
.....Talibans would have be taking 50% of that all profit,and by all means and calculations 2 billion in 2007 was enough for a Insurgent group which relies only on Ak,Rpg's,Explosives,pickups and walkie talkie sets to wage a war.
This is growing as a huge problem everday,opium produced jumps in Pakistan in no time and from there it is smuggled into rest of world it is less highlighted issue because there is no boom like bomb produces but anyone who takes a dose of heroin dies in 9 months at best.Peoples sitting in Afghanistan try there best to smuggle that into India and rest of world.This is surely a threat in my opinion because criminals from both countries do collaborate,and this mence is destroying our youth.

Good luck with getting the world to do anything about Pakistan dragging its problems to the world's doorstep and dropping them there.

Look at your contradictions. Just in the last post you were so celebrant that your PM is being "received in White House". Are you up for world recognition or not. When Kashmir is known and internationally accepted as a dispute, you pretend it doesn't matter but when one country receives you PM, which nevertheless has nothing to do with Kashmir, you are clapping with your hands, ears and feet. Are you really like that?

The status of Kashmir was subject to a plebiscite, first required by India, and the UN had recommended certain measures. One side didn't adhere to the UN's recommendations. They therefore no longer stand. Beyond that, sovereignty passed to the Union of India on three areas, defence, foreign affairs and communications, and to the legislative assembly of J&K set up by its constituent assembly.

Go visit UN website and disappoint yourself after knowing the status of Kashmir - it is a disputed, undecided territory between India and Pakistan. None of your above "one side did and other didn't" changed its status.

There is no longer any possibility of plebiscite, once the constitution is in place. How Pakistan wishes to resolve the dispute is entirely up to Pakistan. After 1972, India will not accept any multilateral discussion on the matter.

We know that, and India has been able to avoid solution of Kashmir hiding behind it. You had your time of hiding but that doesn't matter anymore. Kashmiris are out on the front against every excuse India had. Go tell them above argument and convince them - or at-least tell your PM and try to give him more peace by telling that India is still hiding from reality.

The honesty in the situation consisted of adhering to the recommendations of the UN. Pakistan was dishonest, first, in claiming that it had no troops in Kashmir, second, in then refusing to keep to the UN's recommendations.

As far as denial of access to foreign media is concerned, the foreign media have tramped through Kashmir so often that they seem like residents.

Really? India has no restrictions on Media in Kashmir?
RSF Condemns Kashmir Media Blackout by Indian Authorities.
https://rsf.org/en/news/rsf-condemns-kashmir-media-blackout-indian-authorities

This is why I do not like discussions with the dull. The Supreme Court was referring to the Pakistan occupied parts of Kashmir. The J&K High Court cannot amend its own constitution.

Which Kashmir has article 370 applied to it? Indian Occupied Kashmir or Azad Kashmir? Where is jurisdiction of Indian High Court? Mate, if you think you are stupid then sure you are but if you think world is stupid then still its you who are. Don't try to play nasty games with your own respect. Its a friendly advise.

Although I oppose Modi, he has been receiving American attention to a fulsome degree. That extends to every aspect of cooperation that he has sought. He requires, and his country requires no assistance from anyone else to manage their own affairs. Whether Kashmir or any other.

That is your analysis and I will leave you happy with that.

No one ever needs war. Especially the people.

War is the most hideus and sickest expression of human condition.

Pak needs stable Afg and resolved Kashmir to get on with its social and economic development. Pak has lost about 6 decades of development...so it needs to work night and day for at least three just to recover.

Same goes for indian empire.. despite the rosey pictures and delusions of grandeur it would need to work equally hard to become what it could be.

This is all rational course which both states need to take. Would require deep and fundamental change in paradigm.

Yet the sad truth is tragedy of state of affairs where despite being in Prisoner's Dilemma there is no movement of resolution of outstanding issue of Kashmir.

Wars happen not because of rationality but because of irrationality. Miscalculations and operational, diplomatice mistakes.

The theories of Total War or The Art of War or their Pentagon rebirths are really theories and at best serve in War Games.... ground realities almost always demmolish these theories.

Hence, the question of Wisdom arrises. Is there pervailant wisdom on the side of hegemonic state?

Pak must prepare for all eventualities and can only depend on itself. If Pak thinks that the so called muslim world will come to its aid then that would be its biggest mistake.

China will do everything diplomatically to support Pak. But then that is it. The defensive planning of Pak both military and socio-economic must not rely on anyones support.

What are the Counter Intuitive strategies that Pak can deploy?

Pak's only defensive strategy has to be to make war of any kind impossible in its area. Pak's strength has to come from within by controlling religious zealots and eliminating foreign proxies systematically.

@PaklovesTurkiye @Pakistan First

To Pak Brothers, I am an European citizen. I do not live in China.

I do however have a some understanding of Chinese Civilisation and Modern China socially, economically and politically. Chinese Dialectics.

My race should not be of any value...what can be counted / judged is my words if they have any meaning or worth in the context of Sino-Pak Axis.

I say this to avoid any wrong perception amony my Pak Brothers.

Bless you all.

May the demon of war and oppression be dead forever.

No one ever needs war. Especially the people.

War is the most hideus and sickest expression of human condition.

Pak needs stable Afg and resolved Kashmir to get on with its social and economic development. Pak has lost about 6 decades of development...so it needs to work night and day for at least three just to recover.

Same goes for indian empire.. despite the rosey pictures and delusions of grandeur it would need to work equally hard to become what it could be.

This is all rational course which both states need to take. Would require deep and fundamental change in paradigm.

Yet the sad truth is tragedy of state of affairs where despite being in Prisoner's Dilemma there is no movement of resolution of outstanding issue of Kashmir.

Wars happen not because of rationality but because of irrationality. Miscalculations and operational, diplomatice mistakes.

The theories of Total War or The Art of War or their Pentagon rebirths are really theories and at best serve in War Games.... ground realities almost always demmolish these theories.

Hence, the question of Wisdom arrises. Is there pervailant wisdom on the side of hegemonic state?

Pak must prepare for all eventualities and can only depend on itself. If Pak thinks that the so called muslim world will come to its aid then that would be its biggest mistake.

China will do everything diplomatically to support Pak. But then that is it. The defensive planning of Pak both military and socio-economic must not rely on anyones support.

What are the Counter Intuitive strategies that Pak can deploy?

Pak's only defensive strategy has to be to make war of any kind impossible in its area. Pak's strength has to come from within by controlling religious zealots and eliminating foreign proxies systematically.

@PaklovesTurkiye @Pakistan First

TACTICAL NUKES......They give us advantage that even if we use them, they don't spread radiation like conventional nukes do...Pakistanis are on high alert...We are ready for anything..As we are being told that our response to Indian side will be very humiliating one for generals of India and Modi and his company....Very very humiliating one...World will side with us as we will be attacked and then we will bring some innovation in war Indians are desperately crying for...

Pakistan has made itself internally strong...progress has been going in this regard...Afghan border is being manned...Indian proxies are being neutralized....terrorist attacks have been fallen down drastically...We will win CPEC and will complete it even if we have to nuke Indian soldiers, we will do it....

We cannot be blamed if Indians are thinking that their more than 1 B population is burden on earth....:-)

To Pak Brothers, I am an European citizen. I do not live in China.

I do however have a some understanding of Chinese Civilisation and Modern China socially, economically and politically. Chinese Dialectics.

My race should not be of any value...what can be counted / judged is my words if they have any meaning or worth in the context of Sino-Pak Axis.

I say this to avoid any wrong perception amony my Pak Brothers.

Bless you all.

May the demon of war and oppression be dead forever.

We thought u r Chinese guy living in Europe...Thanks for telling that....:-)

There is comedian in India call Raju Shrivastava. More people will listen to him than your PM. Trust me he is nobody in world forum. Does not matter what he says.
AS IF WORLD LISTENS YOUR PM SERIOUSLY...... COME ON GUYS TAKE IT EASY LAD!!!! STOP ACTING LIKE ANY FOOL........ BE REALISTIC.... AND START REACTING MAETURELY TOWARDS THE SHOCK WAVES COMING BACK FROM UR POLICIES... TRY TO B RATIONAL

I would ignore the other posters however you are a think tank...so a question ....

Why do think this year UN meeting was so special that we would kill our own soldiers to deflect some attention..is this is the first time large scale protests happened in the valley or people dying due to police actions??...hasn't Pakistan gone to all corners for the same already?? ....I mean how idiotic it would sound if i have to say that Pakistan faked terror attacks so as to show the world that she is a victim of terrorism to so that she can deflect attention from her wrong doings....?? Even with all the bitterness it is very hard for me to claim something like that...how come you think that it was a false flag....in fact are there such instances where country's kill their own soldiers to malign a particular country in a forum which don't even give two hoots about the whole issue for that matter.....
R U GUYS SERIOUS???? I MEAN THAT UR AGENDA IS SIMPLE.... BETTER B GOING AS A VICTIM IN UN THAN GOING AS A MUDERER OF SO MANY INNOCENT KASHMIRIS..... U GUYS R REALLY ANNOYING PEOPLE..... U SERIOUSLY NEED TO GROW UP SEE THE ISSUES MATURELY

1) Pak must prepare for all eventualities and can only depend on itself. If Pak thinks that the so called muslim world will come to its aid then that would be its biggest mistake. China will do everything diplomatically to support Pak. But then that is it. The defensive planning of Pak both military and socio-economic must not rely on anyones support.

2) Pak's only defensive strategy has to be to make war of any kind impossible in its area. Pak's strength has to come from within by controlling religious zealots and eliminating foreign proxies systematically.

Agreed.

PM NAWAZ SHARIF SHOULD GIVE A CLEAR MESSAGE TO THE WORLD THAT NO ADVENTURE WILL BE TOLERATED BY ANYONE ALONG OUR ANY BORDER...... AND WE R ALREADY FIGHTING A WAR AGAINST TERRORISM IN OUR OWN COUNTRY..... SO WE R A BUSY NATION AND WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PLAN A HUNT FOR INDIAN KITTENS.....

If India tries to do anything stupid like conducting a 'surgical strike' inside Pakistan then we should use every nuclear weapon in our disposal on India. No need to show mercy at all. Just watch their media how they are brain washing their own people.There wont be conventional war for long so we have to make sure India doesnt survive to rise up again.

Back
Top Bottom