What's new

India-Pakistan series unlikely to go ahead

So You admit that GoI is using cricket for political purposes & diplomatic arm twisting ?

No arm twisting, it's only cricket after all but definitely as a means to show displeasure.
Interesting but India did need Pakistan's agreement for the Big 3 affair, not only India but England & Australia. If India really didn't need Pakistan then why make a request for Pakistan to tour India ?

India doesn't need but if PCB continues to insist, BCCI would have to make pro forma noises.

Sri Lanka is as much prone to the corruption you are hinting at as UAE. The refusal to play outside of UAE was an attempt to placate the domestic constituency & as a means to dissuade Pakistan as well. If the series goes ahead then the point to highlight for a political consumption is that look we played on our own terms and if Pakistan refuses to them we can tell the ECB ( the mediator here in absence of ICC ) is look we made an offer but they refused themselves.

This is not the GoI's doing as much as it is the BCCI's. You may believe what you wish.

No, Pakistani players playing in IPL post 26/11 would have presented a security challenge for the BCCI premier event & offered no financial benefit what so ever. Where as the home series that Pakistan gave up on BCCI's request did provide a big financial benefit to BCCI. It was basically PCB who gave up its money to the bigger & wealthier BCCI.

BCCI will make money & that is their interest but they have no overwhelming reason that requires a Pakistani tour.

Despite what you hear & may believe PCB isn't so desperate that without this series it would go bankrupt. It's insisting because BCCI had agreed to a series in December 2015 but then gave no answer & upon an enquiry ( pretty straight forward & reason able thing to do ) by PCB asking BCCI whether they were playing or not the BCCI chief invited his counter part over for discussions but found himself helpless & embarrassed by RSS. That incident has worked in our favour no matter which way you look at it & it's being used for political & diplomatic mileage.

That is not what the PCB themselves have been saying nor does it gel with the facts. If it was not about the money, the PCB would not have repeatedly kept asking. The BCCI president does have to make his noises, the final decision is the GoI's. (btw, you are confusing the RSS with the Shiv Sena, they are not the same thing)

The only reason you are seeing or what you perceive as insistence ( or begging ) is because of the undue importance given to cricket as a means of diplomacy. The old man leading our cricket board is a career diplomat. NS knows that Modi has to appear strong & has domestic compulsions where as he doesn't.
Modi has the 54 inch chest image to worry & NS is after the peace maker image.

Excuses for begging are many as are the reasons given to pacify oneself.

All this bravado on your side & this apparently meek response on our side is working in our favour to help balance this image that MMS & his team so brilliantly built up in your favour.

Nope. Nobody cares and India's image will depend on its economy & not on what its relationship with Pakistan is.

How come no pakistanis emotionally criticize their government for not allowing trade for politics? I mean what kind of shallow people are you that watching a stupid game fuelled by phoney nationalism is more important than bringing millions out of poverty, creating jobs and positive people to people contact (unlike cricket) and reducing risk of war by creating mutual dependency etc etc???

See how negative you people are in outlook.

Yes, Shehryar Khan is lying

Bharti Board is an embodiment of sincerity
thanks for aknowledging the true but bitter facts ..... cheers mate :coffee:

Does this story comes from your rear or bcci spokesman tell you while you were on his bed if pcb chairman was trolling why didn't bcci said that they didn't invited Pakistan instead they made unpopular decision by confirming pcb chairman your logic doesn't add up
forget about my source just have gutts to check what i have said from your source in PCB weather im right or not...... cheers mate :coffee:

Irrespective of his corruption...he was the chief and BCCI is in a binding agreement...either play or pay up the fines....
Neither we are going to pay them nor are we going to play with them.You see,this is what we call the "Baniya mentality" here in India:D.They refused to prosecute the tangos responsible for the 26/11 and we refused to play with them,it's called tit for tat.Now they are going to suffer a huge loss of about $75 millions because of us;);)

There is no point in playing with India, last time we went to their home and beat them 2-1. Why to waste our time again ? :lol:
Well,the last time we played against you we beat you and sent you back to your home from Austalia:lol:.Man,it's getting boring aPakistan getting hammered over and again by Team India in the World cups:rofl::rofl:

Balochis are fighting for independence. Hafeez Sayeed and Lakhvi are terrorists who are implicated in the murder of hundreds of innocent civilians nowhere near J&K. By the way, who told you that Hafeez, Lakhvi and gang fight in J&K? They operate in Pakistan.

At worst, Balochi leaders hosted in Delhi can be compared to JKLF leaders - as separatists. Our separatists freely live in J&K, because we are a tolerant country that allows differences in opinion, so long as violence is not involved. That is the difference between our nations. If we allow those who seek separation from India to live peacefully here, why do you have a problem with us hosting Balochi freedom fighters/separatists?

God you're so ignorant, Hafiz and Lakhvi are accused, not implicated. Their outfits operate in Kashmir, a claim they don't shay away from. Only difference between them and Baloch rebels is that Baloch rebels target civilians while Hafiz and Lakhvi only fight the Indian security forces.

You keep living in your bubble, it serves us better than you waking up to the reality and doing something about it. Here's an example of your 'tolerant' India.

INDIA ONE OF THE MOST RACIST COUNTRIES

Relax. Pakistan just got a $500 million bailout from IMF. So you can pay the interest on foreign loans for at least 6 months now. By then CPEC cash machine will start and Pakistan will be super-duper rich. In case these dreams don't materialize, and loan default is looming once again, then PCB can politely request BCCI again. Even we will support your case then, as it will be genuine need.

Most of the development you see in India is on loans from one organization or the other or as PPP. You need to get through your puberty quick, it's affecting your ability to think.

BCCI be like

Hum UAE ni jaien gai mansoobabandi kr k harate ho

Hum SriLanka ni jaien gai wo Humein pasnd ni

India me aa k khelo bahir jane se hamari phat jati hai... Hum ghar k Sher hain....
Issi liye to hum ne 2015 ke WOrld cup semi final tak pohonch gaye the par aap log toh quarter mein bhi pohonch nehi saake.Jab bhi kissi world cup mein humare sath aap ka paala para hain,tab tab aap ki team buri tarah se piti hain humare team se:coffee:

Reverse swing: No cricket with Pakistan
I’d be lying if I were to say that I don’t enjoy watching India play Pak. That word — enjoy — is a meagre way to describe the feelings that course through millions of Indians when India takes on its westerly neighbour.

Written by Tunku Varadarajan
Updated: Nov 29, 2015, 7:49

About Author

• Tunku Varadarajan is the Virginia Hobbs Carpenter Research Fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution

As I write, the Board of Control for Cricket in India appears to be on the brink of agreeing to a short bilateral series against Pakistan to be played in neutral Sri Lanka. Gallingly, reports that a deal has already been done emerged from a Pakistani TV channel on November 26 — the day India marked the anniversary of the Invasion of Mumbai by terrorists from Pakistan whose urban carnage served as a template for those who attacked Paris. Other reports say that the only thing that would now stop a series taking place in mid-December is a refusal to grant clearance to play by India’s Ministry of External Affairs

If that’s true, I hope clearance is denied. I do not want a bilateral cricket series with Pakistan.

As I write, the Board of Control for Cricket in India appears to be on the brink of agreeing to a short bilateral series against Pakistan to be played in neutral Sri Lanka. Gallingly, reports that a deal has already been done emerged from a Pakistani TV channel on November 26 — the day India marked the anniversary of the Invasion of Mumbai by terrorists from Pakistan whose urban carnage served as a template for those who attacked Paris. Other reports say that the only thing that would now stop a series taking place in mid-December is a refusal to grant clearance to play by India’s Ministry of External Affairs.

If that’s true, I hope clearance is denied. I do not want a bilateral cricket series with Pakistan. And if the clearance does come, let this column serve as an indignant protest against that decision by a fervent fan of Indian cricket.
Whether we like it or not — and most of us like it — cricket is more important to Indians than most other things in life. It is referred to, lazily, as the nation’s religion; and if that is true, it is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other.

I’d be lying if I were to say that I don’t enjoy watching India play Pakistan. That word — enjoy — is a meagre way to describe the feelings that course through millions of Indians when India takes on its westerly neighbour. We watch these games on tenterhooks, not merely because of the cricket, but because we are invested in the outcome as Indians. For most of independent India’s history, Pakistan has been an enemy nation; so yes, cricket against Pakistan is cricket against the enemy. I am not so refined of spirit as to transcend that inner bite, that quickening of my Indian pulse.

India hasn’t played Pakistan bilaterally since 2007. The two have played each other in World Cups, and frankly, I wish we hadn’t had to. But to forfeit games in a small multinational competition is self-defeating (plus free points for your opponent). There’s little choice but to play Pakistan in the World Cup.

There is, however, a choice not to play them in a one-on-one series. These contests take place by our own election. Pakistan is desperate to play India. Its cricket board is flat broke and a short series against its arch-rival—even three piddling ODIs and two T20s in Sri Lanka—holds the promise of a life-saving windfall. The Indian board does not need the money. That it is frequently driven by greed is quite another matter.

Pakistan harbours terrorists who seek to cripple India. It harbours the mastermind of the Mumbai attacks. It violates the Line of Control daily, whether by firing or by the infiltration of terrorists. Why should we play cricket? Santosh Mahadik, a colonel in the Indian army, died fighting terrorists on the border this month. Would his widow want us to play cricket with Pakistan? India’s cricketers should ponder that question, and make themselves unavailable to play the series as a matter of conscience. Think about it, Virat Kohli…

India’s cricket boycott bleeds Pakistan in ways that other boycotts in other spheres do not. Pakistan’s cricketers are personally blameless. But the point of rejecting cricket with Pakistan is to send this message to its people and government: For as long as you spawn and coddle terrorists who spill Indian blood, no Indian captain will take the field to toss a coin against you.

thanks for aknowledging the true but bitter facts ..... cheers mate :coffee:

forget about my source just have gutts to check what i have said from your source in PCB weather im right or not...... cheers mate :coffee:
Lol you made that all up

No arm twisting, it's only cricket after all but definitely as a means to show displeasure.

India doesn't need but if PCB continues to insist, BCCI would have to make pro forma noises.

This is not the GoI's doing as much as it is the BCCI's. You may believe what you wish.

BCCI will make money & that is their interest but they have no overwhelming reason that requires a Pakistani tour.

That is not what the PCB themselves have been saying nor does it gel with the facts. If it was not about the money, the PCB would not have repeatedly kept asking. The BCCI president does have to make his noises, the final decision is the GoI's. (btw, you are confusing the RSS with the Shiv Sena, they are not the same thing)

Excuses for begging are many as are the reasons given to pacify oneself.

Nope. Nobody cares and India's image will depend on its economy & not on what its relationship with Pakistan is.

Is it really cricket after all ?

Would that still be the case if PCB refuses to send its team for the upcoming world t20 ??

Needs are Variable my friend. Nothing stays the same for ever. The last time India needed PCB was only a couple of years ago for a major re-vamp of ICC. Besides sports isn't played on 'Needs Basis'.

Interesting. So BCCI requesting PCB to give up its home series to INDIA, resulting in over 75% of the revenue generated to go in to BCCI's coffers but PCB asking BCCI to honour it's agreement or make its position clear whether it's playing or no & that's termed as 'Begging'. ( not to mention BCCI is again asking PCB to give up its home series to INDIA by playing in INDIA with the revenue generated going to BCCI's coffers )

PCB has been saying the same thing. I can post links here if you want to & it does gel with the facts, from the MoU signed a couple of years ago to the PCB writing letters to BCCI asking for their response to BCCI side stepping & ignoring the issue & hoping the PCB wouldn't persist & then inviting the PCB chief in writing to its Headquarters, only for the Shiv Sena Mob to turn up and embarrass itself.

Can you see the contradiction between the bolder parts above ??

That's good for Us. I just hope you stay on this path of not caring & keep up with the Bravado. That attitude shall make it easier for us to Pacify the subversive lot on our side ( Shehryar Khan & Najam Sethi included ). As far as economy is concerned I wish you the best of luck.

Would that still be the case that if PCB refuses to send its team for the upcoming world t20 ??

Needs are Variable my friend. Nothing stays the same for ever. The last time India needed PCB was only a couple of years ago for a major re-vamp of ICC. Besides sports isn't played on 'Needs Basis'.

Interesting. So BCCI requesting PCB to give up its home series to INDIA, resulting in over 75% of the revenue generated to go in to BCCI's coffers but PCB asking BCCI to honour it's agreement or make its position clear whether it's playing or no & that's termed as 'Begging'. ( not to mention BCCI is again asking PCB to give up its home series to INDIA by playing in INDIA with the revenue generated going to BCCI's coffers )

PCB has been saying the same thing. I can post links here if you want to & it does gel with the facts, from the MoU signed a couple of years ago to the PCB writing letters to BCCI asking for their response to BCCI side stepping & ignoring the issue & hoping the PCB wouldn't persist & then inviting the PCB chief in writing to its Headquarters, only for the Shiv Sena Mob to turn up and embarrass itself.

Can you see the contradiction between the bolder parts above ??

That's good for Us. I just hope you stay on this path of not caring & keep up with the Bravado. That attitude shall make it easier for us to Pacify the subversive lot on our side ( Shehryar Khan & Najam Sethi included ). As far as economy is concerned I wish you the best of luck.
in short : its the PCB which is desparate to play with india /BCCI for its own financial survival not the other way round and therefore its owr choice where to play ... take it or leave it + the fact there was no such contract as PCB is saying on which allegedlly BCCI is back tracking + the fact BCCI never invited PCB for a two nation series rest keep speculating and have a great day :coffee:

Would that still be the case if PCB refuses to send its team for the upcoming world t20 ??

Makes no difference to the BCCI. The world T20 is an ICC event & the loss of revenues would be of the ICC, not BCCI. Considering that PCB has managed to keep its head above water thus far because of its share from ICC's world cup revenues, it would be a brave decision for them to boycott that event.

That might be, but for now, the BCCI does not need PCB to survive though they would always like to make more money.

This is not just about sports, this is about the wider Pakistan-India relations. If things were normal between the two countries, this issue would not even be brought up.

Tells you who calls the shots here. PCB needs Indian revenue to survive, BCCI does not need Pakistan for the same. BCCI is interested in anything that will get it additional revenues but unlike the PCB, the BCCI is in no financial doldrums. Your own point that the BCCI is not really interested (the wouldn't persist bit) does suggest that it is the PCB that is groveling for the series to take place. PCB has the option of simply saying that they are not interested if India isn't, but who are they kidding, they need the money so bad that they are willing to do whatever begging it takes.

BCCI was offering PCB a series, the offer then was to play in India & now moved to SL. The revenues would have been shared, nobody expected the PCB to come play for nothing. All this still depending on permission from GoI.

With India series in doldrums, BoG looks to lessen monetary loss - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

The BCCI is obliged to talk with Pakistan for the series, don't confuse the BCCI's position with that of the GoI. The point on revenue earned remains. Your own point that the BCCI was hoping that PCB "wouldn't persist" makes it clear as to who needs whom.

That's good for Us. I just hope you stay on this path of not caring & keep up with the Bravado. That attitude shall make it easier for us to Pacify the subversive lot on our side ( Shehryar Khan & Najam Sethi included ). As far as economy is concerned I wish you the best of luck

Thanks for your wishes.

Last edited:
God you're so ignorant, Hafiz and Lakhvi are accused, not implicated. Their outfits operate in Kashmir, a claim they don't shay away from. Only difference between them and Baloch rebels is that Baloch rebels target civilians while Hafiz and Lakhvi only fight the Indian security forces.

You keep living in your bubble, it serves us better than you waking up to the reality and doing something about it. Here's an example of your 'tolerant' India.

Most of the development you see in India is on loans from one organization or the other or as PPP. You need to get through your puberty quick, it's affecting your ability to think.

Here's an example of your 'tolerant' India.

Violence against minorities rose alarmingly in 2013: HRCP - The Express Tribune

The violence against minorities in Pakistan

Violence against religious minorities rising alarmingly in Pakistan: HRCP

http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2015/03/pakistan-west-and-religious-minorities

Religious minorities in Pakistan facing increased persecution | Christian News on Christian Today

Persecution Of Christians In Pakistan | Christians in Pakistan News | Pakistani Christians - Geet aur Zaboor

‘India to embrace persecuted Pakistanis’ - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Heartbreaking persecution of Christians by Muslims in Pakistan - YouTube

Pakistan, A living hell for religious minorities- The Voice Times

http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2015/03/pakistan-west-and-religious-minorities

Pakistan tops list of countries with most religious hostilities: Report - The Express Tribune

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2014/01/RestrictionsV-full-report.pdf

According to the United States (US) Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) report titled “Violence towards Religious Communities in Pakistan”, published in August 2014, over the one-year period from July 2013 to June 2014, at least 430 people were killed in a total 122 attacks against minorities. These include 222 Shias in 54 attacks; 128 Christians in 22 recorded incidents; 10 Ahmadis in 10 such attacks; and two Sikhs in three attacks. Four attacks were recorded on the Hindu community in this period, with no fatality reported. 29 attacks resulted in 68 fatalities among other religious/sectarian groups.

And this does not even take into account the rapes, kidnappings and forcible conversions. Instead of being ashamed about your country's abysmal record of violence against minorities, you try a con-job cover-up. But then that is expected, isn't it?

If you wish to debate economics with me then get on any of the threads where I discuss these things. You will actually learn something.

Behold the ‘beauty’ of democracy: death by a thousand debts

Mystery Donor Pays Off $2.2M of National Debt | Page 3

Violence against minorities rose alarmingly in 2013: HRCP - The Express Tribune

The violence against minorities in Pakistan

Violence against religious minorities rising alarmingly in Pakistan: HRCP

Religious minorities in Pakistan facing increased persecution | Christian News on Christian Today

Persecution Of Christians In Pakistan | Christians in Pakistan News | Pakistani Christians - Geet aur Zaboor

‘India to embrace persecuted Pakistanis’ - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Heartbreaking persecution of Christians by Muslims in Pakistan - YouTube

Pakistan, A living hell for religious minorities- The Voice Times

Pakistan tops list of countries with most religious hostilities: Report - The Express Tribune

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2014/01/RestrictionsV-full-report.pdf

According to the United States (US) Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) report titled “Violence towards Religious Communities in Pakistan”, published in August 2014, over the one-year period from July 2013 to June 2014, at least 430 people were killed in a total 122 attacks against minorities. These include 222 Shias in 54 attacks; 128 Christians in 22 recorded incidents; 10 Ahmadis in 10 such attacks; and two Sikhs in three attacks. Four attacks were recorded on the Hindu community in this period, with no fatality reported. 29 attacks resulted in 68 fatalities among other religious/sectarian groups.

And this does not even take into account the rapes, kidnappings and forcible conversions. Instead of being ashamed about your country's abysmal record of violence against minorities, you try a con-job cover-up. But then that is expected, isn't it?

If you wish to debate economics with me then get on any of the threads where I discuss these things. You will actually learn something.

Behold the ‘beauty’ of democracy: death by a thousand debts

Mystery Donor Pays Off $2.2M of National Debt | Page 3

Aww, you put in so much effort. Here's the difference between Indians and Pakistanis. We know and accept our faults, the Indians don't. I never claimed that Pakistan is perfect and we do what we can to fix things. Indians OTOH live in a utopia where India is a beacon of hope and peace. Everyone can see through this charade except the Indians. Don't believe me? Conduct a poll.

I can find more crap about India than you but I won't because i'd rather you be ignorant than enlightened.

Back
Top Bottom