What's new

India & Pakistan: Pew Global Attributes Report

Interesting findings.Kind of summarizes,why India is getting cosier with the US,and has problems with China and Pakistan.

most chinese people do not understand either pakistan or india enough to make a correct judgment. the most recent news broadcast about india was how a billionaire used 1 billion USD to build a skyscraper mansion. most comments were about how could such a selfish and greedy individual do such a thing in a country with so many poor and starving.

the latest news about pakistan was a terror attack that killed 87.

so on one hand, our impression of india is shaped by: crushing poverty, corrupt politicians, greedy leaders, capital flight, etc. our impression of pakistan is different - the people who follow news knows that they are our allies but the majority who don't just see the terrorist attack headlines.

What, praytell, are the admirable qualities of Hitler? That he likes dogs?

I am all anxiety to know.

I admire Hitler for his personal qualities, and not his policies, which can take any individual to the pinnacle of success.

1. A great orator.
2. A man who had the ability to shape public opinion.
3. A great debater.
4. A supreme command over words. (Just read mein kampf and you'll know).

I hope this much is enough. For rest, you can PM me let's not go further off-topic.

Sorry to say, but the average Turkish or Chinese national dislikes Pakistan. However, there is good relationship between the Chinese/Turkish governments with that of Pakistan and this is because of similar interests. The people to people relationship is hardly there even though some Pakistanis may like to portray it as a deep relationship, which actually is superficial if one dissects into it.

The Chinese members we have on PDF are not representative of the average Chinese person and the same goes for Indian members too who attack Pakistan on their own forums.

this is going a bit far. we do not "dislike" pakistan. how can you dislike what you don't know?

The statistical sample used for the survey proves what I said.
People like you and other Chinese members are not representative of China. In statistical terms, people like you (and other Chinese members of PDF) are called outliers as you don't fall in the mean/median/mode range when it comes to the view of Pakistan by the average Chinese person.

This is the truth when it comes to online talks. One more thing to be noted is that the people to people contacts, which are seen as not so important do shape up some times countries policies since in any country governments in most matters do not want to upset the public.

The problem with any surveys about Chinese public opinion on Pakistan is a lot of ordinary Chinese can't tell the difference between Pakistan and Palestine. Don't laugh, Chinese public are very similar to Americans in this regard. Most of Chinese are only concerned with internal matters, I won't be surprised if a survey shows a majority of Chinese can't find India on a world map.

The problem with any surveys about Chinese public opinion on Pakistan is a lot of ordinary Chinese can't tell the difference between Pakistan and Palestine. Don't laugh, Chinese public are very similar to Americans in this regard. Most of Chinese are only concerned with internal matters, I won't be surprised if a survey shows a majority of Chinese can't find India on a world map.

I think thats true for India as well esp as you head to the rural areas..some might not know they are part of India too !! LOL. I believe same will be true of Pakistan as well..though India & Pak will know each other mostly.

The statistical sample used for the survey proves what I said.
People like you and other Chinese members are not representative of China. In statistical terms, people like you (and other Chinese members of PDF) are called outliers as you don't fall in the mean/median/mode range when it comes to the view of Pakistan by the average Chinese person.

no, what i mean is, the average chinese person doesn't know what pakistan is. not as bad as nomenclature says that we can't locate it on a map, but close, and our news broadcasts focus on internal news and east asian news mostly; it rarely mention india or pakistan, and pakistan only when there is a major terror attack or a few sentences to congratulate on our military exercise.

so the main picture that people have of pakistan is: "a violent place filled with military conflict and terrorism." most people have an unfavorable view towards places filled with violence and terrorism. this is not hatred or dislike of pakistani people or discrimination.

Sorry to say, but the average Turkish or Chinese national dislikes Pakistan. However, there is good relationship between the Chinese/Turkish governments with that of Pakistan and this is because of similar interests. The people to people relationship is hardly there even though some Pakistanis may like to portray it as a deep relationship, which actually is superficial if one dissects into it.

The Chinese members we have on PDF are not representative of the average Chinese person and the same goes for Indian members too who attack Pakistan on their own forums.

I do not know what here, but I believe that Chinese people haven't any "adverse" to Pakistan, even the ordinary people (of course a lot of people only a vague sense of - Pakistan, a friendly country), you do not doubt it. Some people want to make Pakistan a sense of loneliness, need to be more careful.

no, what i mean is, the average chinese person doesn't know what pakistan is. not as bad as nomenclature says that we can't locate it on a map, but close, and our news broadcasts focus on internal news and east asian news mostly; it rarely mention india or pakistan, and pakistan only when there is a major terror attack or a few sentences to congratulate on our military exercise.

so the main picture that people have of pakistan is: "a violent place filled with military conflict and terrorism." most people have an unfavorable view towards places filled with violence and terrorism. this is not hatred or dislike of pakistani people or discrimination.

I agree with this argument, all is what do "negative" mean? Most people know that Pakistan is a friendly country, but also know that Pakistan is not a good place to travel.

Unfortunately, in light of everything I have read, witnessed and experienced, I cannot agree with the characterization of Turkish and Chinese popular opinion as expressed in this survey. I am not sure what "favourable" means... but certainly, a survey across 2,000 or fewer participants would be about as valid (or statistically, even less so), than a similar survey on this forum, which now has over 30,000 members. Perhaps we should double check the claims about Chinese and Turkish opinions by asking members from these two countries whether or not they are "favourable" towards Pakistan, i.e. that they consider Pakistan a friend and think well of it.

2 big Issues with the poll on the forum

1. You dont really know the nationalities of the members.
2. A lot of members are probably below voting age :)

As long as you have some education (means some of the necessary knowledge, but this is very normal because the Chinese government's propaganda is enough) in china, then for Pakistan to at least a friendly feeling. And actually, more easily transmitted friendship is the exchange of people, you know, we do not easily believe the government would, need to test from other angles. This regard, Pakistan do not worry, all the news is good.

Last edited:
I have spoken to quite a few Chinese, as a student I found the Chinese very reserved and hardly spoke anything other than the course work. However my colleagues are a little more open and the survey does make sense to me if you get to talk to them in person. They are non committal, often do not like to express to any opinions on any country. As much as they know China considers Pakistan as a strong ally, they are aware of terrorism from Pakistan as well.

One of my Chinese friend has not been to China for a long time, although one can see pride (rightfully so) in his country's rise he is also equally fair when he talks about what he likes in the US and India. For a common Chinese man, India is an interesting subject purely because the media compares the two economies, so they do end up researching India more often.

Chinese are humble and I would not go by media to understand what they think of one country. Any interaction with them will let you know, they do not overtly support Pakistan like how Pakistani support China. They are fair in their assessment. Oh yes, this is not a survey result, just my personal experience and you don't have to believe me. Opinions differ largely in a world outside defence dot Pak.

I have spoken to quite a few Chinese, as a student I found the Chinese very reserved and hardly spoke anything other than the course work. However my colleagues are a little more open and the survey does make sense to me if you get to talk to them in person. They are non committal, often do not like to express to any opinions on any country. As much as they know China considers Pakistan as a strong ally, they are aware of terrorism from Pakistan as well.

One of my Chinese friend has not been to China for a long time, although one can see pride (rightfully so) in his country's rise he is also equally fair when he talks about what he likes in the US and India. For a common Chinese man, India is an interesting subject purely because the media compares the two economies, so they do end up researching India more often.

Chinese are humble and I would not go by media to understand what they think of one country. Any interaction with them will let you know, they do not overtly support Pakistan like how Pakistani support China. They are fair in their assessment. Oh yes, this is not a survey result, just my personal experience and you don't have to believe me. Opinions differ largely in a world outside defence dot Pak.

Good observation, but I point out that it is only because of our personality, if you need an open position at any time, you can be recognized for the Chinese support to Pakistan.

Last edited:
Regretful, China to the knowledge of India more than the knowledge of Pakistan. Trade really is the key for the promotion of exchanges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom