What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

Those thinking that South Asia will be back to one country are living in a dreamland, and need hospital treatment.

Brother, your location indicated from your profile states that you are definitely living in the mountains since childhood..
Plz come out from there. We need you here. I like mountaineers....

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Those thinking that South Asia will be back to one country are living in a dreamland, and need hospital treatment.

Brother, your location indicated from your profile states that you are definitely living in the mountains since childhood..
Plz come out from there. We need you here. I like mountaineers....

I speak plainly Mr Raja - when you will hold your comrades in your arms - as their last breath leaves their body, for Pakistan - then you will know what I am talking about.

No one can know the value of pakistan more than son whose father got injured in 1965 war and got in prison in east Pakistan for months but i have tolerance to bear the opinions of others. i am not that weak to start questioning the patriotism of peoples on internet forums for their one sentence or post..If you really a patriot then go fight with corrupt Pakistani politians and generals instead of fighting on internet with fellow Pakistanis. go start with zardari and i am with you

Yes they had lost their brains & need urgent medical treatment. I highly doubt they are even Pakistanis.

Not a sentence or two, they were talking as good as me.

:lol: Anyways strange, I am from Uttar Pradesh, and even my Hindi would not pass for Urdu, don't know what Hindi those South Indians you mention were speaking, that sounded like Urdu to you.

Tell me, where abouts in Uttar Pradesh are your folks from?

No one can know the value of pakistan more than son whose father got injured in 1965 war and got in prison in east Pakistan for months but i have tolerance to bear the opinions of others. i am not that weak to start questioning the patriotism of peoples on internet forums for their one sentence or post..If you really a patriot then go fight with corrupt Pakistani politians and generals instead of fighting on internet with fellow Pakistanis. go start with zardari and i am with you

How can one be patriotic and question the independence of your own country, that is the opposite of patriotism - and he is a big boy he can handle it.

Dude enough of your bullshitting.

Im a South Indian and I know that except the Hyderabadi Muslims no one speaks Urdu. We have 5 beautiful languages and none of them is Urdu.

Just stop it. Your posts are getting crazy with each passing one.

KS, It is understandable that being a South Indian, you dont know this but HINDI is URDU. Indians call it HINDI because it makes them feel like they are not speaking the language of Muslims. News Flash young man, all those movies made in Bollywood use Urdu and call it HINDI. If that makes you feel good , fine. But there is no difference because they are speaking pure Urdu. Just by wiriting that language in Sanskrit does not make it a foreign language. If there is slight difference it is because Sanskrit does not have PH sound so instead of saying Phool ( Flower ) they say Fool and instead of saying PHIR ( then ) they say FIR.

I am a native URDU speaker and to me Hindi sometimes sounds like badly spoken Urdu.

Yes go fight create chaos, become extereme. right? Pakistan is progressing slowly & many Pakistanis are looking toward 2013 elections. Hope a time like 60's will come again when Pakistan was known as Asian Tiger & hope the haters & those who think it is fashion to curse Pakistan everytime will be kicked out.

KS, It is understandable that being a South Indian, you dont know this but HINDI is URDU. Indians call it HINDI because it makes them feel like they are not speaking the language of Muslims. News Flash young man, all those movies made in Bollywood use Urdu and call it HINDI. If that makes you feel good , fine. But there is no difference because they are speaking pure Urdu. Just by wiriting that language in Sanskrit does not make it a foreign language. If there is slight difference it is because Sanskrit does not have PH sound so instead of saying Phool ( Flower ) they say Fool and instead of saying PHIR ( then ) they say FIR.

:rofl: You have zero knowledge about Hindi/Urdu. Its best if you don't talk about it.

Agree & not this but original Hindi is alot lot difference from todays Hindi. Todays Hindi had become Urdu.

well one thing's for certain......

we know what irritates eachother.....we know what each side doesnt want to hear.....

if there were only one uniting factor, at least it would be food......chalo teek hai theres veggie dishes and meat dishes, but many ingredients and recipe are the same or based one way or another on some similarities (i've eaten south indian style foods a few times and it was superb)

Pakistani rice is a bit more expensive here in the US than indian rice (i always buy Pakistani)....but when only indian rice is available @ supermarket, I will buy it before I buy Thai or Vietnamese rice.

so why dont you guys just relax........even the most hawkish people want to live side by side as neighbours with dignity. I know that as i grow older also there are two biggest enemies of the sub-continent

--corruption
--poverty

these are the biggest ills which lead to the most evils.....so lets all be men enough to accept that, and to try and be more productive and be proper human beings with ''izzat''

as i said earlier --- look at Germans and Frenchies...their mutually shared hatred was deep rooted, they wanted to destroy eachother. Now, they are among the industrial/economic powerhouses; strong and developed countries.

i'm sure most of you people want to live to see your grandkids, and to see them grow and prosper in a happy and productive and safe environment. So we all need to work towards that goal.

:lol: Anyways strange, I am from Uttar Pradesh, and even my Hindi would not pass for Urdu, don't know what Hindi those South Indians you mention were speaking, that sounded like Urdu to you.

Tell me, where abouts in Uttar Pradesh are your folks from?

Won't tell in open forum, you can tell me about where you from in PM & i can tell you in reply.

How can one be patriotic and question the independence of your own country, that is the opposite of patriotism - and he is a big boy he can handle it.

I dont think he said anything anti-Pakistan. my father served in army and he criticised the policies of many army generals and policy-makers then what? Will he become traitor if he criticise any Pakistani politicians or army generals? Politicians and Generals are not saint that you cannot criticise them.

The word Hindi comes from the word Hindustani..which was further derivation.. being language spoken by people living East of Hindu Kush Mountains ie : Hindus: Persian word for people living on the other side of the mountain range) ..it has been so since long before Islam or Muslims came into the subcontinent.

Urdu is further derivation of Hindi(mixing of Hindi with word from other western languages like Arabic, Farsi etc.).
Though Hindi and Urdu sound similar and have many common words their scripts are entirely different.

Back
Top Bottom