What's new

India Pakistan Comparison 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
can not compare india and pakistan because the geological, political and society is very much different. the population of india is approx. 1,139,964,932 and pakistan population is only approx. 166,111,487. so the india population is approx 1 billion more than pakistan. and india's total area is 4 time of pakistan. india has lot of money but they have lot of population and pakistan has few population but they have some problem of money. so both are in trouble.

i just want to say. both countries are developing and both are facing different type of problems. so we can't compare both countries only by some data release by some western countries organization.

so stop blaming on each other. try to develop your own country.:what: :what::hitwall::hitwall:

Indian Economy is Over Seven Times the Economy of Pakistan.

As such India must have a current account balance of negative US Dollars 16.8 Billion to be in the same condition as Pakistan. With a current account balance only negative US Dollars 8.4 Billion India is doing extremely well in this respect to Pakistan. Understand?

Agreed that Foreign Aid to India is almost US Dollars 100 Billion – No Argument.

With One Seventh the Population of India I am sure that Pakistan must have – I am willing to be corrected – had Foreign Aid of more than US Dollars Twenty Billion.

Remember : India has re-paid all Loans and not begged to have Loans Forgiven!

Thus it seems that India cannot be equated with Pakistan in the Economic Field.

Kapish!

Suggestion : It is not the Total Amount that counts - It is the Per Capita Amount that Counts!

Just Remebered : In 1951 Present day Paksitan had a Population which was about One Eleventh that of India. so on balance the Universal Aid to Pakistan should be less than USD 12 Billion to Equate with India from the period 1951 Onwards.

No mater how you spin it, the fact remains that both India and Pakistan run significant twin deficits, and thus require external help in various forms including soft loans, aid, remittances, foreign investments etc.

Other BRIC nations, particularly China, is running huge current account surpluses.

The US has huge deficits on paper mainly because of intra-firm trade of large US MNCs , but its currency is also the world's reserve and trade currency. It has a lot more leeway.

No mater how you spin it, the fact remains that both India and Pakistan run significant twin deficits, and thus require external help in various forms including soft loans, aid, remittances, foreign investments etc.

out of all ur posts in all the threads this one makes slight sense...

matter of the fact is both countries arent perfect and needs to develop
:cheers:

I don,t think India has Grant Aid or IMF loans like Pakistan.

Why would they they have $270 billion sitting in the indian reseve banks.

FDI is surely needed but that accounts for all countries even developed western nations

I don,t think India has Grant Aid or IMF loans like Pakistan.

Why would they they have $270 billion sitting in the indian reseve banks.

FDI is surely needed but that accounts for all countries even developed western nations

India has been, and still does receive grants, as well as soft loans.

Here's just one of many examples:

http://www.mofa.go.jp/POLICY/oda/region/sw_asia/india_o.pdf

FDI is welcome by all nations, but nations with huge surpluses do not depend on it for growth.

India still receive loans .. but doesn't depend alone on that.

India needs external help (loans, grants, investments, etc) of at least $8.4 billion to make up for its current account deficit. Even more than that to sustain its growth. This stuff is very basic.

India needs external help (loans, grants, investments, etc) of at least $8.4 billion to make up for its current account deficit. Even more than that to sustain its growth. This stuff is very basic.

The recent 3G spectrum auction is estimated at 10 Billion dollars. There you go. We can with ease reduce our deficit and add more than a billion to our foreign reserves well over 250 Billion $.

Actually no.. This 8.4 billion is net of outflows and inflows of Foreign exchange. India does not need any loans, grants etc to make up for this since the existing foreign currency and gold reserves of India - close to $280 billion, more than cover for it..

can not compare india and pakistan because the geological, political and society is very much different. the population of india is approx. 1,139,964,932 and pakistan population is only approx. 166,111,487. so the india population is approx 1 billion more than pakistan. and india's total area is 4 time of pakistan. india has lot of money but they have lot of population and pakistan has few population but they have some problem of money. so both are in trouble.

i just want to say. both countries are developing and both are facing different type of problems. so we can't compare both countries only by some data release by some western countries organization.

so stop blaming on each other. try to develop your own country.:what: :what::hitwall::hitwall:

If u read this thread from start u will see Pakistanis talking about Pakistani progess, when some indians interjected and started the words war, Why?

Why dio Indians do this all the time, read all the threds and u will see a trend Indians have set, Not a good one as they keep interfeing in affairs of Pakistan.

If u read this thread from start u will see Pakistanis talking about Pakistani progess, when some indians interjected and started the words war, Why?

Why dio Indians do this all the time, read all the threds and u will see a trend Indians have set, Not a good one as they keep interfeing in affairs of Pakistan.

Please see the title of this thread go back to page 1 to check if it was an Indian or Pakistani member who created the thread :azn:

Also check whether the starting article talked more about India or about Pakistan

Actually no.. This 8.4 billion is net of outflows and inflows of Foreign exchange. India does not need any loans, grants etc to make up for this since the existing foreign currency and gold reserves of India - close to $280 billion, more than cover for it..

I beg to disagree with you.

India needs a lot of foreign help (loans, aid, investments, etc.) to build its infrastructure and invest to sustain its economic growth over the long run. At the same time, India also needs to maintain significant dollar reserves to support its currency and improve its credit rating.

Again u r comparing an intalectual to a looser candidate loosing elections against Obama.
U did not play the video if u did it will show u who they are and what is this meeting is all about.

Even u r Jaswant singh is there, Listen to what he has to say. IT MIGHT ENLIGHTEN U.

No need to respond to nonsense like this. Just report it. I have banned Agni 5, who has been repeatedly trolling. I am quite fedup with off topic insults which have no relevance to the core discussion and are inserted just because trolls can't stomach a constructive, positive discussion.

I have been very patient, editing people's posts and trying to just delete messages without banning people. I will not do so anymore. If I feel someone is negatively impacting the quality of discussion repeatedly, I will ban him or her for an extended period of time.

India needs a lot of foreign help (loans, aid, investments, etc.) to build its infrastructure and invest to sustain its economic growth over the long run. At the same time, India also needs to maintain significant dollar reserves to support its currency and improve its credit rating.

Infrastructure investment is not aid. India is on an ambitious plan to have a public private partnership to attract investment. And this investment is going to super boost the growth story generating growth rates that are unprecedented in Indian history. The investment needed is not an end to itself but a beginning to move towards prosperity.

Funny, the way you club loan, aid and investment. I have given you enough direction but you persist with word play. After your arguments about deficit, you have conveniently moved towards Indian infrastructure investment. :disagree:

India surely needs forign capital/investments but not a bail out. The balance of payment we are talking here surely induces a liquidity situation if not checked. However the buffer of Foreign Reserves of India has been continuously increasing since 2004 (100 billion) to 2010(287 billion). Thats a CAGR of 16% and the size is large enough .

Oth, for Pakistan , If we leave out the Baliout package, it moved from 11.6 in 2004 to 8.9 in 2009. A CAGR of -5%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom