What's new

India opposes fresh sanctions against Iran

@Nima
The point is that, the point you are making about GDP per capita is absolute bullshit.It is only a measure of average prosperity of individuals and is in no way related to the economic muscle of the nation.
When it comes to the capacity of a nation, GDP is a better indicator.
Just as an example, China(which you are so sure will become super power) has a GDP ppp per capita of around $6500 and ranks close to 100 among the world's countries.I would ask you one simple question.
who do you think can buy more arms -china or iran>?
who has more economic muscle- China or iran?
If you still think Iran has more economic muscle than india as a nation, Then write that splendid innovative theory of yours and get it published.May be you can make your research grow 12 times faster now

If Iran was doing the same thing as China, that is ignoring the majority of the people, we would have the same amount of cash to spend on our military!
During the time of the shah we were doing that and we had the world's 4th military!
However China has shown that it can sustain its growth and has passed India by miles (both in terms of sustainability and current GDP)! It has already built a great infrastructure and even its poor don't live like Indians.
Next year Iran's GDP will be 1 trillion, divide that by 70 million. Now think about this, if Iran was ignoring half of its population we would have the same if not more cash to spend on military than China.

look @ Saudi arabia, they can kick your *** but they have a smaller economy.

holy mother of buddah
how is that relevant?!?!?

Do you think the US will try to stop Chinese imports based on their vote in the security council??? They have bought so much Am debt that they practically control their *****.
China wouldn't make a 100 BILLION DOLLAR deal to vote for sanctions a couple of years later.

I doubt if Iran will ever develop Nukes or anything...you guys seem to be seriously intelletually challenged...First of all, Ive little or no interest in debating with you...so this is my last reply here...

Secondly, Chinese exports to US means employment of millions of people..this makes China dependent on the US. Ofcourse, it works both ways..US is also dependent on China for buying their worthless debt.

Given your arguement that China has made investments in Iran, I just pointed out that even economically China is more co-dependent on US than on Iran....

Just an FYI...yesterday Dr Singh in a meeting with Obama refused to vote for Iranian sanctions...

I will be surprised if China does the same...

Bye

I doubt if Iran will ever develop Nukes or anything...you guys seem to be seriously intelletually challenged...First of all, Ive little or no interest in debating with you...so this is my last reply here...

Secondly, Chinese exports to US means employment of millions of people..this makes China dependent on the US. Ofcourse, it works both ways..US is also dependent on China for buying their worthless debt.

Given your arguement that China has made investments in Iran, I just pointed out that even economically China is more co-dependent on US than on Iran....

Just an FYI...yesterday Dr Singh in a meeting with Obama refused to vote for Iranian sanctions...

I will be surprised if China does the same...

Bye

Don't know of the common Iranian, but the Iranians on this forum need to be more humble. Iran is not a '3rd world country', but it is still behind many others. Take for example DPRK (North Korea), they are FAR ahead of iran intellectually, scientifically, industrially. Their agriculture ain't too bad, breaking even most of the years. The main advantages Iran has is location and Oil/Gas. Don't even try to compare Iran to ROK (South Korea) with is one of THE top leaders in science and technology, industrial know-how in the top 7 of the world, and shipping capacity in top 3 of the world. With only a population of 46 million it has the world's 8th (varies year to year) economy. Until Iran can achieve that, let's not be arrogant.

I haven't even mentioned the heavy weights such as Japan and Germany which both have a smaller land-mass than Iran, but leaves the Islamic Republic in the dust. Do you think Iran can beat:

Vietnam? NO, Vietnam is way ahead of Iran.

Indonesia? NO.

Brazil? NO.

France? NO.

Mexico? NO.

There are many more examples. I chose nations with comparable landmass and populations. Yes, Iran has been under sanctions, but not 'total' sanctions. Has Iran suffered like Korea or Vietnam??? NO, not even close!

So yes, Iran is doing better than some tinpot countries, but it is behind many more. Per capita Iran beats India. But at an important time like this, it needs all the moral support it can get. Iranians should be THANKFUL that big leaders are saving Iranian's arses. Thanks to them, smaller players like Venezuala, Brazil, India, etc dare voice their support. Yes, it is true that a large part of the reason for their support is that they get something out of the relationship -- but keep in mind, it's a mutual beneficial relationship, Iran gets just as much in return. It may start out as mainly economical, but that's how all friendship starts. Each person takes turn helping the other out. And then it grows into trust, caring and moral support.

Lastly, most civilized nations and peoples don't want to see any bloodshed or suffering -- be it Iranian blood or Israeli blood or American blood. We are not taking sides, but averting bloodshed and suffering. Swallow your pride and accept this Indian support as a good gesture. If you don't want to be indebted to anyone, then one day India needs help be there for them. RIGHT NOW IRAN NEEDS MORE FRIENDS, AND LESS ADVERSARIES.

:partay::oops:

Well of course India will bow down and do what their masters say, but most nations have a backbone and some self respect.

I would be happy if you use GoI instead of India... I personally believe that US or any other nuclear power do not have any right to stop others from developing nukes. The only country which used nukes in a war is :usflag: still they think that they are the most responsible people on this earth :hitwall: :hitwall:

Don't know of the common Iranian, but the Iranians on this forum need to be more humble. Iran is not a '3rd world country', but it is still behind many others. Take for example DPRK (North Korea), they are FAR ahead of iran intellectually, scientifically, industrially. :

Are you talking about Pakistan?

I would be happy if you use GoI instead of India... I personally believe that US or any other nuclear power do not have any right to stop others from developing nukes. The only country which used nukes in a war is :usflag: still they think that they are the most responsible people on this earth :hitwall: :hitwall:

No you're right, i should have used GoI.

Also, i urge Indian members to ignore Nima, he doesn't represent Iran or Iranians and i don't even think he is Iranian, all he has done on this forum is get into fights with Pakistanis, Indians, Chinese and all other nationalities, it seems his intention is to create a rift between Iranians and other members on this site.

Also, i urge Indian members to ignore Nima, he doesn't represent Iran or Iranians and i don't even think he is Iranian, all he has done on this forum is get into fights with Pakistanis, Indians, Chinese and all other nationalities, it seems his intention is to create a rift between Iranians and other members on this site.

Possible. Let's assume he is an impostor, and let's build on Iran-Pak-Turk-Ind-Sino-American friendship. Yes I said USA. In fact, USA is a natural partner for Iran because USA needs oil, and Iran needs the technology (in petroleum as well as industrial). :usflag::china::pakistan:

Possible. Let's assume he is an impostor, and let's build on Iran-Pak-Turk-Ind-Sino-American friendship. Yes I said USA. In fact, USA is a natural partner for Iran because USA needs oil, and Iran needs the technology (in petroleum as well as industrial). :usflag::china::pakistan:

india too needs oil.....more than USA in coming years......India oil companies have invested heavily in Iran for the same...both technically and economically.Its our 2nd largest oil provider...directly$13 billion of trades exists and via UAE $30 billion and that too increasing rapidly....its a boon for Indian refineries because majority of Iran's refined oil in refined in india only...both private and public companies are expanding their trade there...
As far as culture is concerned.Iranian culture is nowhere more seen than in my city i.e. Lucknow outside Iran.

Last edited:

so you talk persian with a chinese?
And you started all this not me
what a hezbollahi clown

Back
Top Bottom