What's new

India offers Pakistan 5,000MW electricity

Though we may have water management issues downstream, that won't be a problem at all when we don't have any water to manage.

So i would like to thank your considerate country for seeking to ensure that our water management issues are a thing of the past.

FYI the water is flowing from upstream to downstream! If you let the water to flow freely to downstream and claim "Though we may have water management issues downstream" will not help any one.

If you have problems go to International court and win the deal else STFU.... Zahid Hamid theories are not taken as proofs!

MMS is playing to the galleries here. He is promising many things without giving away anything.
Its not a easy and simple thing to connect the two grids, as many of you people think here. Even connecting the grids within the country is very complicated, eg. the western grid with southern grid. Many of you think that transferring electrical power from one region to another is just a matter of laying a transmission line with 3 wires. The 2 grids have to be synchronised before they have to interconnected, which is very very complicated and almost impossible to do across international borders, which use completely different systems. The other option, most commonly used, is to build a back-to-back HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) sub-station to interconnect the 2 unsynchronised grids.
Even if the power purchase agreements are negotiated and signed today, it would take atleast 2-4 years before the HVDC sub-stations can be built and commissioned and the electrical power exported..

India is terribly short of power. This seemingly magnanimous offer is some kind of political hoax somewhere.

Not India, but few states of India.

The states are independent in management of power.

Situation gets worse during the summer, otherwise no issues here.

Power efficiency issues, loss during transmission, power theft, upaid dues just like in whole neighborhood is in an another level over here.

Got to blame the whole establishment over poor management and lack of foresightedness.

Excuse me! You are not getting it straight! First you told "BS There is no water mismanagement", Now you are telling "It is our resource and we can waste it and come up with a stupid theory!"

I am telling India never ever had violated the Indus water treaty... All the water management people in Pakistan tell that the normal Pakistani citizens are not getting their share of water just because of Pakistan's poor water management... Not because of India Damming the water.

So you are telling that we will waste the water and create a hate with India and make a case that India is stealing the water and wage a war with India...

International laws does not means it will favor Pakistan at all times even if Pakistan management is stupid!

Yes there is NO water mismanagement, however it is rather mismanagement in politics!
I don't think you get my point. Try reading my analogy one more time in post # 109. This is supposed to answer YOUR ARTICLES against YOUR VIEW of PAKISTAN ITSELF'S MISMANAGEMENT IN WATER ISSUE.

Trust me, it will be 500 MW and the reporter has added one more 0 by mistake.

500 MW was reported couple of days ago as well. But 5000 is coming out of blue... very unlikely

India produce 12700 MW from Chenab and its tributries in J & K. Out of this 8000 MW came from Chenab itself. They are not reservoirs but run of the river project.

From the same Chenab, Ur country produce 14 MW in MIRpur.its gives u an idea how much ahead we are. To the extent tht India wants on going talks on kishan ganga under "New Knowledge of Science".

J& K demand is 5000 MW.

Therefore, India definetly has the ability to give u 5000 MW.

But the point is why??

Yes there is NO water mismanagement, however it is rather mismanagement in politics!
I don't think you get my point. Try reading my analogy one more time in post # 109. This is supposed to answer YOUR ARTICLES against YOUR VIEW of PAKISTAN ITSELF'S MISMANAGEMENT IN WATER ISSUE.

Don't twist the facts! India had not diverted any waters.... If you have doubts.. Go to International court. As simple as that!

India offers Pakistan 5,000MW electricity ... This is called ...DIL DARIYA BAKI SAB SAMANDAR.

There are two new developments for Electricity export from India to Pakistan.
1-
India to supply 500MW of power to Pakistan: Water Resources Secretary - The Economic Times
India will supply 500 megawatts of electricity to Pakistan for which the transmission lines are being laid, Water Resources Secretary Dhruv Vijay Singh said today.
He said India and Pakistan were cooperating on sharing electricity. "(But) water gets a bit emotional issue."

2-
Pre-feasibility report: Islamabad asks WB to weigh up power import from India – The Express Tribune
The World Bank has begun preparing a pre-feasibility report to assess the viability of Pakistan importing power from India under the Pakistan Regional Trade Programme, a senior water ministry official told The Express Tribune.
The study will help Pakistan in identifying issues and important risks of the proposed interconnection and electricity trade. It will be evaluated by a committee of experts from the National Transmission Dispatch Company and the Ministry of Water and Power. The official said negotiations among various stakeholders regarding the possibility of interconnecting power grids are ongoing.
Indian media reported last year that there is general agreement between officials involved in negotiations regarding cross-border trade through high voltage direct current coupling. India is also exporting power to Bangladesh and reports said it was ready to take steps to ensure that both grids operate independently.

However, technical feasibility is not the only problem. The trade is largely dependent on political willingness. Indian newspaper The Hindu quoted an Indian government official as saying: “While India is also facing a domestic power crunch, the move to offer electricity to Pakistan is being seen as part of a broader strategic initiative.”

It takes time to create infrastructure for generating the electricity. In India it generally takes around 3-5 years if lucky. Can't say about Pakistan.
Hope ultimately both countries win(off-course countrymen too).
:pdf:Jai Hind.:pdf:

One would have thought that Pakistanis would be grateful to India or giving it 5 GW............it seems I (and the GoI) were mistaken. No amount of help would ease the hatred against India........:disagree:

One would have thought that Pakistanis would be grateful to India or giving it 5 GW............it seems I (and the GoI) were mistaken. No amount of help would ease the hatred against India........:disagree:
So nice of India, I hope one day there is 0% hatred b/w both nations , and for Indian diverting waters. So far no such proof I agree and at the other hand I believe that when Indo-pak friendship is greater than sino-pak. world is going to be jealous that's why British empire created conspiracies before leaving South Asia. I want MOU's b/w both the nations sincerely.

i prefer China in this Regard :whistle:

No offense buddy just want to know what plan is in your mind by which you will get electricity from china. Only connection between two countries geographically is not enough. Himalaya is there to harass even super humans too. Great too see if implemented.

Back
Top Bottom