What's new

India offers Pakistan 5,000MW electricity

As I said, treat it as a purely business transaction. Each side should put USD 5 Billion in escrow to some reputable third party, where the USD 10 Bn money sits accumulating interest. Pakistan Provides India free transit, India provides free electricity. The first party to violate forfeits the entire amount to the violated party and no harm done life goes on.

India will get huge trade from the access its gets to Central Asia via Afghanistan, let them do the trade and expand the reach of Indian products to that side of the world via direct land route, we get the power need for our growth.

Its a better deal than the free supply route we were giving to the Americans.

I dont think the establishment has plans to link the power supply deals with other ones.

There is no point in talking it to compensate with pipeline transit or trade transit to Afghans.

Each deal will be on its own.

The subcontinent dont have the habit of clubbing deals as far as i know.

I dont think the establishment has plans to link the power supply deals with other ones.

There is no point in talking it to compensate with pipeline transit or trade transit to Afghans.

Each deal will be on its own.

The subcontinent dont have the habit of clubbing deals as far as i know.

We can't pay you for 5000MW of energy in dollars, simple as that. We can barter with what we have - land access.

As I said, treat it as a purely business transaction. Each side should put USD 5 Billion in escrow to some reputable third party, where the USD 10 Bn money sits accumulating interest. Pakistan Provides India free transit, India provides free electricity. The first party to violate forfeits the entire amount to the violated party and no harm done life goes on.

India will get huge trade from the access its gets to Central Asia via Afghanistan, let them do the trade and expand the reach of Indian products to that side of the world via direct land route, we get the power need for our growth.

Its a better deal than the free supply route we were giving to the Americans.

So what will you do if India violates the agreement and accuse Pakistan did the violation and was successful in getting the 10 Billion US dollars....

If the violation happens, Then India will stop the electricity with 30 days notice and Indian vehicles should move out of Pakistani territory within 30 days notice period!

We can't pay you for 5000MW of energy in dollars, simple as that. We can barter with what we have - land access.

Fair Enough... If the deal is agreeable by Indian bureaucrats then we can sign a deal or they can sit in a table and negotiate! As simple as that!

Kindly read the last para in the below link! It is a news from Pakistan itself!

Water management | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

Yet another proof for Pakistan poor water management!

Sindh, Balochistan not ready for urban water management: study | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

You cannot blame India for Pakistan Ministers short coming too! They are your representatives! If you do not have trust... Go to International court, get a overseeing committee and let them monitor how much water actually comes to Indian area and out of that how much water is passed to Pakistan. And let them decide if you do not have trust!

So Let me get this straight:

Its okay for you to steal from us because we are going to waste it anyways?

By those standards a thief is justified to steal from an unlocked home or a dying man could have his life forcefully taken away as he was "going to die anyways".

So what will you do if India violates the agreement and accuse Pakistan did the violation and was successful in getting the 10 Billion US dollars....

If the violation happens, Then India will stop the electricity with 30 days notice and Indian vehicles should move out of Pakistani territory within 30 days notice period!

If say Pakistan blocks Indian vehicles for a set period of time, India should continue its supply all throughout that set period of time, then raise the issue with the escrow bank and have them release the amount to India.

To make the process robust, there should be a daily signing off from an Indian, Pakistani and Escrow representative that all things went on smoothly. Escrow bank would determine if all SLAs were followed.

Though we may have water management issues downstream, that won't be a problem at all when we don't have any water to manage.

So i would like to thank your considerate country for seeking to ensure that our water management issues are a thing of the past.

Soft loans or credits like in deals with China is what i see at the maximum.

Clubbing it with transit deals is too complicated for the Indian establishment.

Soft loans or credits like in deals with China is what i see at the maximum.

Clubbing it with transit deals is too complicated for the Indian establishment.

Loans are tabboo in Pakistan, this deal will probably take 2-3 years to finalize which means that the next government would be dealing and finalizing in both countries.

Don't call it clubbing if you don't like it, if 5000MW of energy costs says 1Bn USD, then say transit to Afghanistan costs 1 Bn USD as well. hisaab barabar.

But without assurances like the one I mentioned, you won't trust us, we won't trust you.

By those standards a thief is justified to steal from an unlocked home or a dying man could have his life forcefully taken away as he was "going to die anyways".

Wrong example.. How Pakistan behaves on the water issue is like a man who because of his carelessness loses his money and then blames God for his misfortune.. If you think India is stealing water, how come no international arbitration body has agreed to your pov ( and no nonsensical conspiracy theories please)

Excuse me! You are not getting it straight! First you told "BS There is no water mismanagement", Now you are telling "It is our resource and we can waste it and come up with a stupid theory!"

I am telling India never ever had violated the Indus water treaty... All the water management people in Pakistan tell that the normal Pakistani citizens are not getting their share of water just because of Pakistan's poor water management... Not because of India Damming the water.

So you are telling that we will waste the water and create a hate with India and make a case that India is stealing the water and wage a war with India...

International laws does not means it will favor Pakistan at all times even if Pakistan management is stupid!

Loans are tabboo in Pakistan, this deal will probably take 2-3 years to finalize which means that the next government would be dealing and finalizing in both countries.

Don't call it clubbing if you don't like it, if 5000MW of energy costs says 1Bn USD, then say transit to Afghanistan costs 1 Bn USD as well. hisaab barabar.

But without assurances like the one I mentioned, you won't trust us, we won't trust you.

What we gonna send to Afghanistan which can have a transit fee of 1Bn USD? :blink:

Parle-G and Hamam??:blink:

Why? Your industries are shut down bcs of the lack of power. When power comes, it will open and generate revenue which can be used to pay us.

If say Pakistan blocks Indian vehicles for a set period of time, India should continue its supply all throughout that set period of time, then raise the issue with the escrow bank and have them release the amount to India.

To make the process robust, there should be a daily signing off from an Indian, Pakistani and Escrow representative that all things went on smoothly. Escrow bank would determine if all SLAs were followed.

Not workable in my view.. Needs to be a transactional approach instead.. None of the 2 items in question are base necessity for life. Get into a back to back contract. Whoever breaks the contract pays the penalty. An international arbitrator of choice could be decided upfront.

India is terribly short of power. This seemingly magnanimous offer is some kind of political hoax somewhere.

No bhai..that too much. By that logic if tomorrow Pakistan buys 1000 MW will you lower the transit charges. The best way I think is to negotiate the transit charges based on international norms and then offset it against the electricity charges due to India.

Back
Top Bottom