What's new

India not willing to play by the rules: US lawmakers

It amazes me when people pick and choose good and bad laws to follow. When big pharma charge people lots of money because it has patent on a medication after years of research, than they are bad guys. But when people copy software or movies, its stealing. To me, its stealing in both cases. If India is breaking a patent on US drugs, then Indian government should be brought to trials in the US court and if found guilty, pay the fines.

Finally, if any Indians living in America is against America, then you should go back to your home country. We do not want anyone living here and working here support foreign powers against America.

What about Americans of Indian Origin who are critical of the US foreign policy? What about those Americans who have protested against the wars and US foreign policy in Vietnam and Iraq?
Are you seriously promoting that these people arent allowed to excercise their right to the First Amendment?

I'd like to hear your perspective...because your line of argument is bizarre and quite disturbing in my opinion...

India will have half the world population soon. Already they are close to overtaking Chinas population. US is in not position to tell 1.7 billion Indian who what to do.

I think a developing nation needs to pirate intellectual property to develop it self. In order words, it needs to get information in what ever way it can and spread it among its population. Without this practice, I think it would be hard to develop.

e.g Pirating western books and selling them on cheaper price would help the country develop, spread knowledge and education. but if these same books are sold by original publishers in the west, then the books' prices would be to much and an ordinary person would not be able to afford them. What you would get is a slow spread of knowledge and education in the society... and the nation would just simply lag behind.

The woman clearly said that she was taking revenge for 911. It cant be helped if she was stupid enough to believe Hindus had a part in it. The one who beat the Sikh was a white supremacist. Would shoot any non white. In all cases, anger wasn't directed at Indians specifically. And please, learn to post links.

I know how to post links! This is the first time i made an error So don't condescend me.
I wasn't trying to state that these attacks were towards indians specifically.I am just saying that some indians are also victims of bigotry in the US.

There is a reason why Pakistanis call themselves Indians in smaller towns and rural areas of US.
I thought that "a typical american idiot can't distinguish between the two!" So what difference would it make if 2-3 pakistanis pretend to be indians..And Desis often pretend to be Hispanic to fit in.

It amazes me when people pick and choose good and bad laws to follow. When big pharma charge people lots of money because it has patent on a medication after years of research, than they are bad guys. But when people copy software or movies, its stealing. To me, its stealing in both cases. If India is breaking a patent on US drugs, then Indian government should be brought to trials in the US court and if found guilty, pay the fines.

Finally, if any Indians living in America are against America, then you should go back to your home country. We do not want anyone living here and working here support foreign powers against America.

funny among the biggest anti american and Chinese stool here is telling others how to behave in america. not surprising though because your level of intellect could not differentiate between intellectual property being copied vs. not granting intellectual ( continued) rights after the term is completed on exclusivity. One thing to troll but is another to troll clueless.

The ones that steal are Chinese and are infamous for it , the ones that waited on a court to decide and then proceeded to produce generic forms of medicine were Indians. They don't follow the Chinese formula of see I have a map 3000 yrs old and since our map showed us as owning it, we really own today too.

The big question the US government should be asking itself is how long can it provide Medicare, Medicaid and other Social Security benefit with hospitals and Pharma companies keep ramping up the cost of medicine just to make extra money. The nation is already suffering from miss managed healthcare system. Rather than putting a firm footing and regulating the patent term and expiry lawmakers are trying to fill their own pockets.

I think a developing nation needs to pirate intellectual property to develop it self. In order words, it needs to get information in what ever way it can and spread it among its population. Without this practice, I think it would be hard to develop.

e.g Pirating western books and selling them on cheaper price would help the country develop, spread knowledge and education. but if these same books are sold by original publishers in the west, then the books' prices would be to much and an ordinary person would not be able to afford them. What you would get is a slow spread of knowledge and education in the society... and the nation would just simply lag behind.

wonderful. Although this has nothing to do with or even similar with what Indians did. but as an example- One the biggest successful app makers for BlackBerry through the years is a Pakistani company. they worked hard at developing it and employ lots of people in Pakistan. Now I'm sure you would not have an issue with someone stealing it and helping that company go bankrupt, yeah?...

I thought that "a typical american idiot can't distinguish between the two!" So what difference would it make if 2-3 pakistanis pretend to be indians..And Desis often pretend to be Hispanic to fit in.

To fit in where? Barrio?:laughcry:

That must be a sight to behold, bunch of desis pretending to be hispanic:omghaha:

To fit in where? Barrio?:laughcry:

That must be a sight to behold, bunch of desis pretending to be hispanic:omghaha:

You can mock me if you want but try to visit some ghetto places and high schools in NY,Who knows you might run into some.:)

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-play-rules-us-lawmakers-5.html#ixzz2Xwc7o21L

From your post it appeared that Americans had started to specifically target Indians.

Sigh! It appears like that to you but that's not what I meant.I was having a discussion with parul and if you had a problem with my posts you should have addressed me politely.Since you were rude earlier I don't wanna carry out this conversation with you any further.So please stop quoting me.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom