What's new

India not a threat

jeypore

Reaction score
Country
India
LAHORE: India is no longer a military threat to Pakistan, while the Taliban threaten not only the world, but also our way of life, President Asif Ali Zardari has said.

“I do not consider India a military threat; the question is that India has the capability. Capability is what matters. (With regard to) intention I think we both have our good intentions. India is a reality, Pakistan is a reality, but Taliban are a threat, an international threat … to our way of life. And at the moment, I’m focused on the Taliban. It’s something that has been going on for a long time and of course went unchecked under the dictatorial rule of the last president,” he told EuroNews while visiting Brussels for the first summit between the European Union (EU) and Islamabad.

He said he shared the EU’s concerns about the madrassas in the Tribal Areas that were spreading Taliban ideology, adding Pakistan needed financial support from the international community to help it fight the madrassas’ influence.

Discussing the safety of Pakistan’s nuclear assets, the president said “everybody who needs to know in the world” is aware that the assets are in safe hands. Zardari said he believed NATO needed to be more responsible in its strategy in South Asia, adding they needed to understand the terrorists could follow them home.

Deprivation: Also on Tuesday, President Zardari said Britain has to tackle its own issues of deprivation to stop the radicalisation of British Muslims. In an interview with ITV’s “News at Ten”, he rejected the suggestion it was Pakistan’s role to win the hearts and minds of radicalised British Muslims.
Zardari denied any knowledge of militant training camps in Pakistan.

The president also rejected British Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s description of the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan as the “crucible for global terrorism”. daily times monitor/reuters
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Pata nahi yeh banda kis dunya main rahta ha or kia milta ha isa aisa statements da ker. Asshole

I don't know how much he can stand by his words or how his view will change after Pakistan Army is in a stronger position, but so far Zardari has not put a foot wrong after he became the president.

He has been consistently been saying that he wants peace talks, that he does not consider India a threat and that they need aid. Now if he would just shut down LeT, that would be the day!

I don't know how much he can stand by his words or how his view will change after Pakistan Army is in a stronger position, but so far Zardari has not put a foot wrong after he became the president.

He has been consistently been saying that he wants peace talks, that he does not consider India a threat and that they need aid. Now if he would just shut down LeT, that would be the day!

Not only that WFT, he is also putting his statement in mutually exclusive ways.

he shared the EU’s concerns about the madrassas in the Tribal Areas that were spreading Taliban ideology, adding Pakistan needed financial support from the international community to help it fight the madrassas’ influence.

and

he rejected the suggestion it was Pakistan’s role to win the hearts and minds of radicalised British Muslims.

Pata nahi yeh banda kis dunya main rahta ha or kia milta ha isa aisa statements da ker. Asshole

Is it not obvious ? He is looking for foreign aid for Pakistan. And obviously no one would aid their enemies, so he is projecting Pakistan to be one that is fighting with the west against radicals.

The other possibility is to either cut government spending including Army. That would weaken Pak position against Taliban and India even more. (Assuming China/Saudi continue to refuse to aid Pakistan as they have been doing for a while now).

Can't understand why you would call him an "Asshole". He is being pragmatic as far as I can see.

Even though people call him Mr. 10% many a time he does make sense man..!!!!

@icecold.. isn't it against the forum rules to call your president what you just called.. ;)

Is it not obvious ? He is looking for foreign aid for Pakistan. And obviously no one would aid their enemies, so he is projecting Pakistan to be one that is fighting with the west against radicals.

The other possibility is to either cut government spending including Army. That would weaken Pak position against Taliban and India even more. (Assuming China/Saudi continue to refuse to aid Pakistan as they have been doing for a while now).

Can't understand why you would call him an "Asshole". He is being pragmatic as far as I can see.

And you never will, by the way i didnt call him. Its better to understand the post rather then nitpicking on single words.

And you never will, by the way i didnt call him. Its better to understand the post rather then nitpicking on single words.

I have no issues with whatever you said. I am in no way trying to pile in on you.
Just explaining the "kya milta hai usko" part of your question.

Zardari has to make such statements whether he like it or not, in order to get world aid. You see initial US aid had "India" clause ( now dropped after similar statement & pressure from other GoP official).

the indians are sure loving this guy; maybe we should export him over there to run their country; then they'll know what an asshole this guy really is...

nikal pari Zardari Miyan kii to pehle to woh US ke liye pet the ab pakistani bhii unhe ***** hi samjhne lage hain

Well he will be taken care of in due time.The same India who broke Pakistan..the same india who blocks our water and then release statement that we will not offer compensation is not a threat.He makes him look like a ******* joker.

Back
Top Bottom