What's new

India No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination list

Nope. We have enough manpower within our borders. All we need to do is empower our poor to have equal educational opportunities to that of rich. Right now, we are loosing out on a pool of at least 800 million. Who knows how many Einstein's we are missing out on within that pool.

Empower the women in the nation also. States like Bihar, women have literacy rate of 30% coming from 4% at end of British rule..

India_Literacy_Rate_1901-2001.jpg

Higher literacy in India means social-economic progress for the nation. Good news is the Youth's literacy rate is 82%.

Educations is need for the masses!!

The top institutes that probably this survey had a focus on (IITs and IIMs) are only accessible to the ultra-meritorious students or the ones with big dollars, what about a normal student?

I'm sorry but the original report is misleading since it mentions popularity in one particular area - business/management.

Popularity does not imply quality - I'm not saying that there isn't quality, but we should not mix these two things up since there could be any number of reasons why India is a popular destination such as cost (which is mentioned later in the same report).

To get a better idea of how countries compare in absoloute terms in higher education, check out the list:

Top 200 - The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2010-2011

The astonishing thing to note is that India does not have a single institution make it into the top 200.

And since you mentioned China, well China has 3 institutions in the top 100 (5 in total if you include those from Hong Kong). 6 in the top 200 (10 in total if HK is included).

This is because of the fact that we dont have the culture of universities here in India, we have institutes for specific genre of education.
I am pretty sure if instead of universities list if u look for a list of top Engg colleges or Business schools u will surely found IITs and IIMs.

Okay, tell me what other business schools are there? and How many international students would go to such schools. You do know we are talking about destinations for business education right?Not how many students take Management courses in each country? How many would take management in other than English coming from a different country?

What other standard exam apart from GMAT would you consider? Even the countries like Germany, Spain take GMAT as a standard for entry into management program. Is there a Chinese standard exam that international students take to get into your universities? Would you teach them in Mandarin or English?

All you said is fine if not for the fact the survey in question wasn't conducted exclusively on international students. The numbers in the survey include both domestic and international students. So yes, an English speaking country with schools requesting GMAT for domestic students will get a higher ranking, which doesn't necessarily mean they're more popular as a business education destination.

Still...cant hide from the fact that the primary education system in India is in shambles. Government will have to make war scale efforts if we want to milk our much talked about demographic advantage and continue on this growth spree.

guys,
this article definitely has some truth. see when i started college(EGG) very less number of exchange students used to come to our college from very selective countries but as year passed on, it kept on increasing and this year it reached to all time high almost 80 student came from the all over the world. germany, switzerland, france, spain, china, korea, japan, kenya, canada al lest these i know. who knows there many more.
one interesting fact is number of gals increased dramatically(some are really hot :D) i dont know the reason but as i talked to them and concluded that inexpensive but modern life style, curiosity about india as its status is changing in the world and its one of the safe and liberal countries among south asia thus interestingly quality of education is nothing to do with it.

if my girlfriend dumps me and i can't get into a phd program in china, i'll go to business school in india before i go to anywhere in the west =)

west is boring after all, and very few chinese people will get to say they've been to india for years!

if my girlfriend dumps me and i can't get into a phd program in china, i'll go to business school in india before i go to anywhere in the west =)

west is boring after all, and very few chinese people will get to say they've been to india for years!

if you do come , let me help you with some tips. exercise everyday and make your immune system strong before coming here so you dont get climate sickness and start eating spices daily if you dont wanna sit all day on toilet seat :D. increase your blood if you wanna survive cause you have to donate lots of blood to mosquitoes. be ready to be called "chinki" its not racial or to offend but just with love :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

^^^ :lol:

Well good news indeed i can't say about whole education sytem but B-SCHOOLS IN INDIA are really good...:cheers:

This is because of the fact that we dont have the culture of universities here in India, we have institutes for specific genre of education.
I am pretty sure if instead of universities list if u look for a list of top Engg colleges or Business schools u will surely found IITs and IIMs.

In a different list (the QS rankings), IIT Bombay (India's highest ranking tech institute) comes in at 187, IIT Delhi just dropped outside the top200 coming in at 202. The list is summarised in the article:

Global best campus ranking: IIT Bombay slips 24 places - General news

What a stupid post

Here we are talking about worlds best destination for education and IITs are only for Indian students (Yes their are some student interchange programs in some IITs)

I learnt something new today. Ty

Back
Top Bottom