What's new

India No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination list

As per ur logic

1st in management, last in science.
US and UK are ranked in 1 and 2nd in the same list where india is ranked 4th..
so US is 1st in management and last in science....:rofl:
Is there any sense in ur post...:rofl:

And i think u said this because China is not on the report...
Or do u have any scientific laws like
Not in list of best management is best in science....?

Oh yes reverse Engineering is also a Kind of a Science...:rofl:

I'm sorry but the original report is misleading since it mentions popularity in one particular area - business/management.

Popularity does not imply quality - I'm not saying that there isn't quality, but we should not mix these two things up since there could be any number of reasons why India is a popular destination such as cost (which is mentioned later in the same report).

To get a better idea of how countries compare in absoloute terms in higher education, check out the list:

Top 200 - The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2010-2011

The astonishing thing to note is that India does not have a single institution make it into the top 200.

And since you mentioned China, well China has 3 institutions in the top 100 (5 in total if you include those from Hong Kong). 6 in the top 200 (10 in total if HK is included).

anything you learn in business school you can learn better in a job.

Management is the art of getting work done by others. You don't need to go to school to learn that. Ask mothers - they have mastered this art. Jokes aside, people don't go to B-Schools to learn the clichéd rocket science, but to build their network. The better the school, the more high profile the network.

Where do countries like Japan, France, Germany stand?

You must be kidding me, these countries are behind India?

Students also consider the total cost of their education, cost of living etc. And employment is easier to find in India than in many other countries.

Its a survey buddy..How did you determine their methodology? Did they say anything in that article about people surveyed.

Regarding the bold part..what exactly are you trying to say? Does that have any relevance to this article?

Because you can read the summary of the survey, the participating business schools and the survey methodology on GMAC's website? Then you'll realize majority of the schools participated in the survey are English language business schools using GMAT.

Because you can read the summary of the survey, the participating business schools and the survey methodology on GMAC's website? Then you'll realize majority of the schools participated in the survey are English language business schools using GMAT.

Okay, tell me what other business schools are there? and How many international students would go to such schools. You do know we are talking about destinations for business education right?Not how many students take Management courses in each country? How many would take management in other than English coming from a different country?

What other standard exam apart from GMAT would you consider? Even the countries like Germany, Spain take GMAT as a standard for entry into management program. Is there a Chinese standard exam that international students take to get into your universities? Would you teach them in Mandarin or English?

Last edited:
Its all B.S and totally misleading . India education system is still about chalk and talk . Just go to mumbai university kalina campus examination centre and listen to poor chaps grievence 1st... And u know mumbai univ is india's no1 university ,what a joke hahaha !

India needs to relax its immigration laws. I know of many bright minded people from countries like Nepal, Iran and Bangladesh that had gotten their education in India. But due to our strict immigration laws they could not get Indian citizenship.

Its all B.S and totally misleading . India education system is still about chalk and talk . Just go to mumbai university kalina campus examination centre and listen to poor chaps grievence 1st... And u know mumbai univ is india's no1 university ,what a joke hahaha !

We are talking about business schools buddy not entire education system.. Think ISB, IIM's.

India needs to relax its immigration laws. I know of many bright minded people from countries like Nepal, Iran and Bangladesh that had gotten their education in India. But due to our strict immigration laws they could not get Indian citizenship.

Nope. We have enough manpower within our borders. All we need to do is empower our poor to have equal educational opportunities to that of rich. Right now, we are loosing out on a pool of at least 800 million. Who knows how many Einstein's we are missing out on within that pool.

I'm sorry but the original report is misleading since it mentions popularity in one particular area - business/management.

Popularity does not imply quality - I'm not saying that there isn't quality, but we should not mix these two things up since there could be any number of reasons why India is a popular destination such as cost (which is mentioned later in the same report).

To get a better idea of how countries compare in absoloute terms in higher education, check out the list:

Top 200 - The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2010-2011

The astonishing thing to note is that India does not have a single institution make it into the top 200.

And since you mentioned China, well China has 3 institutions in the top 100 (5 in total if you include those from Hong Kong). 6 in the top 200 (10 in total if HK is included).

As you mentioned cost of education is a very important criteria. Also the local culture, language and laws. India is a preferred destination for education for people in the subcontinent and many gulf countries as well.

How many Australian universities are there in the list. I think only ANU would be there in the list. Even than education is their biggest revenue generator.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom