What's new

India No. 4 in World's Best Education Destination list

Götterdämmerung;2974950 said:
Give me a reason why I should take your side? Is it because of India's farcical democracy? Surely not! Your democracy is democracy a bad name. So, is it human right? Excuse me, starving millions per year is one of the worst breach of human rights I can imagine. The right to live is more important than to say whatever you want.

Furthermore, I don't need to justify what I like and dislike. I'm a free person and can choose what side I want. If you guys have problems with that. In French we say: Tant pis! :)

We dont care if u r on our side or not first of all and Indians wil be the last on earth to take lesson from a chinese about human rights. Better understand ur own country first and then comment.

only 2 people in the whole world would make that statement - pakistanis or chinese

even your country has 'starving millions'. and please dont make me compare indian and chinese human rights record

Funny how I became the talk of the forum. :)

ORly? You have asked all 82 m Germans how they think of India? Should I show you the many comments made about India in Germany in diverse news portals.

Re:*3**lange*Seiten*Konfusio*? | Ex*oriente*lux? | Telepolis-Artikelforen

In the same thread another blow to Indian democracy
Re:*Indien*funzt*schlecht | Ex*oriente*lux? | Telepolis-Artikelforen

Want more? I have more. BTW, google translate is your friend!

My country has millions starving? Hmmm ... must be in the Indian parallel universe. Hmmm ... we are fourth biggest economy with just 82 million people.

We dont care if u r on our side or not first of all and Indians wil be the last on earth to take lesson from a chinese about human rights. Better understand ur own country first and then comment.

Tant pis! :)

A few foreigners seeking higher education at India's few elite institutions says little about the poor quality of education available to most Indians. A better measure is seen in the results of TIMSS & PISA which show Indian students ranking at the bottom.

The average Indian child taking part in PISA2009+ is 40 to 50 points behind the worst students in the economic superstars. Even the best performers in Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh - the top 5 percent who India will need in science and technology to complete globally - were almost 100 points behind the average child in Singapore and 83 points behind the average Korean - and a staggering 250 points behind the best in the best.

The average child in HP & TN is right at the level of the worst OECD or American students (only 1.5 or 7.5 points ahead). Contrary to President Obama's oft-expressed concerns about American students ability to compete with their Indian counterparts, the average 15-year-old Indian placed in an American school would be among the weakest students in the classroom, says Lant Pritchett of Harvard University. Even the best TN/HP students are 24 points behind the average American 15 year old.

Haq's Musings: PISA & TIMSS Confirm Low Quality of Indian Education

Götterdämmerung;2975111 said:

ORly? You have asked all 82 m Germans how they think of India? Should I show you the many comments made about India in Germany in diverse news portals.

My country has millions starving? Hmmm ... must be in the Indian parallel universe. Hmmm ... we are fourth biggest economy with just 82 million people.

Mr.100IQ, u dont need to trouble urself about what germans think about indians. We fought against them in north africa and gained enough respect as soldiers. And for ur information every year lots of germans r coming to india to learn about indian culture. So please come out of ur german flag bcz ur trolls r pathetic.

Mr.100IQ, u dont need to trouble urself about what germans think about indians. We fought against them in north africa and gained enough respect as soldiers. And for ur information every year lots of germans r coming to india to learn about indian culture. So please come out of ur german flag bcz ur trolls r pathetic.

What a progress, now I'm Mr. 100 IQ. :)

I just wanted to help since your fellow countryman/woman claimed that no German would make negative remarks at Indian democracy.

Every year a lot more of us are going to Ibiza to party. What does that tell us?

About the flag thingy: Tant pis :)

Götterdämmerung;2975111 said:

Opinion differs. You are entailed to have one. My best friend is a German and his opinion of India is markedly different.

When I first came to UK for my studies, most of my class of 400 students were harbouring a very primitive description of India, a country full of poverty, and dust. Two years hence, most of them started thinking of how to have the name 'India' on their resume so that they are attractive to companies. Some went to India for Summer programs, some went for exchange programs to Indian Institutes.

However, you may ridicule India, you cannot ignore India. India is not only a large consumer market of 1.2 billion people, but also one of the largest talent market for employment. If you are a company, it is imperative that you have presence in India or you are dead. Today all of the largest 120 German companies have presence in India employing over 500,000 people. You name any large German company Krupp, Thyssen, Mannesmann, Daimler-Benz, Bosch Volkswagen, Deutsche Bank, Allianz Insurance SAP,DHL, Hapag Lloyd, Schenker or Siemens, they have very large presence. Most of them are household names.

Götterdämmerung;2975215 said:
What a progress, now I'm Mr. 100 IQ. :)

I just wanted to help since your fellow countryman/woman claimed that no German would make negative remarks at Indian democracy.

Every year a lot more of us are going to Ibiza to party. What does that tell us?

About the flag thingy: Tant pis :)

Gotter .... thanks, you showed your chinese ethics, for once. We all know chinese never "swear" :laugh:

"Tant pis" ... only means "never mind" ..... I am honestly guilty of guessing more hilarious meanings.

My dirty mind .... he he..

And then I realized you are not the only one with a right to use Google Translate.

Opinion differs. You are entailed to have one. My best friend is a German and his opinion of India is markedly different.

When I first came to UK for my studies, most of my class of 400 students were harbouring a very primitive description of India, a country full of poverty, and dust. Two years hence, most of them started thinking of how to have the name 'India' on their resume so that they are attractive to companies. Some went to India for Summer programs, some went for exchange programs to Indian Institutes.

However, you may ridicule India, you cannot ignore India. India is not only a large consumer market of 1.2 billion people, but also one of the largest talent market for employment. If you are a company, it is imperative that you have presence in India or you are dead. Today all of the largest 120 German companies have presence in India employing over 500,000 people. You name any large German company Krupp, Thyssen, Mannesmann, Daimler-Benz, Bosch Volkswagen, Deutsche Bank, Allianz Insurance SAP,DHL, Hapag Lloyd, Schenker and Hamburg or Siemens, they have very large presence. Most of them are household names.

Sure, I know plenty of people who have a very romantic image of India but the contrary ia also true. We have China hater and China lovers. I'm amongst the China lover.

Plenty of parents I know ask me whether I know any Chinese or German company in China who could give their studying child an internship in Shanghai since I know many of the GMs of German companies there. It's a very nepotistic thing because you only get a much sought after placement if you have the connection. I dislike this kind of favourism and always decline to help in such cases.

śūnya_0_Zero;2975265 said:
Gotter .... thanks, you showed your chinese ethics, for once. We all know chinese never "swear" :laugh:

"Tant pis" ... only means "never mind" ..... I am honestly guilty of guessing more hilarious meanings.

My dirty mind .... he he..

And then I realized you are not the only one with a right to use Google Translate.

Indeed, tant pis! :)

Götterdämmerung;2975278 said:
Sure, I know plenty of people who have a very romantic image of India but the contrary ia also true. We have China hater and China lovers. I'm amongst the China lover.

Plenty of parents I know ask me whether I know any Chinese or German company in China who could give their studying child an internship in Shanghai since I know many of the GMs of German companies there. It's a very nepotistic thing because you only get a much sought after placement if you have the connection. I dislike this kind of favourism and always decline to help in such cases.

As I said, you are entitled to have your own opinion.

Back
Top Bottom