What's new

India named world's leading destination at World Travel Awards

Some of the hard facts I'd like to share with any foreign traveller back-packing for India.

Try to avoid the trains....if you MUST; obtain a ticket in the air conditioned coach....(there are no rats in there).

If you're planning on visiting north india....and its your first time......dont bring your girlfriend/spouse/daughter..... as a precautionary measure.

Never....agree to a quoted price from a street vendor. Immediately quote a figure 50-70% lower.

I will post more when i have the time.

Andaman

vandaman2.jpg

1265609208andaman%2002.jpg

andaman-nicobar-cruising.jpg

snorkeling%20in%20andaman%20island.jpg

Manali

Manali_beautiful.jpg

manali-winter.jpg

Para_Gliding_In_Manali.jpg

Many more

India the world's leading destination, it is really the joke of the year. In 2010, France, the US and China are the top three principal tourists destinations around the world. France received 76 millions tourists, the US 59 millions and China 55 millions. Shameful India does not even appear in the top 30 countries.
Liste des destinations touristiques mondiales - Wikipédia
The only ranking where India is No 1 is the world weapons procurement where Shameful India is the number one and will remain so for the forthcoming century given that Shameful India is devoting all its financial resources for weapons procurement from the US war criminals and Israel leaving billions in abject poverty while enriching a happy few corrupt politicians. How a country could be the world leading tourist destination while it is not even in the top three countries which have received the highest number of tourists, while it does not even have sufficient hotels and rooms, attractions, while it has a crumbling infrastructure, outdated British colonial rule communication network and so on? India could be a leading destination for drug addicts and drug dealings, weapons trading, backpackers in search of the 70's peace and love, bollywood dreams etc but certainly not a tourist destination. In fact the travel agents have voted India as top destination for other purpose.

Exactly they are not even in the top 10 and suddenly they are the leading destination LOL

Götterdämmerung;2505491 said:
Could you distinguish a Swiss from a German or Austrian? It's the same everywhere.

I'm from northern Germany where people speak Hochdeutsch (standard German) and I have difficulties understanding people from (rural) Bavaria and and practically understand nothing when I hear people speaking Salzburgian, even when they speak Hochdeutsch, the accent is still very heavy and I have to listen carefully to understand everything. On the other hand, I love the Vienna accent. It sound very charming and clear.

I know some German, I have learnt elementary German, i know types of Germans but could not distinguish between Austrian, Germany's or Swiss Deutsch, but I know Swiss don't use ß symbol. Hope I could learn Intermediate German in near future. I also started forgetting the German I already know.

Even in our Hindi language lots of accents variation and local slang exists.

Some of the hard facts I'd like to share with any foreign traveller back-packing for India.

Try to avoid the trains....if you MUST; obtain a ticket in the air conditioned coach....(there are no rats in there).

If you're planning on visiting north india....and its your first time......dont bring your girlfriend/spouse/daughter..... as a precautionary measure.

Never....agree to a quoted price from a street vendor. Immediately quote a figure 50-70% lower.

I will post more when i have the time.

I have traveled in Trains all my life but I didn't find any rat there, I don't know who told you this story. There are overcrowding in general passenger trains but trains with 2S, Sleepers non-ac categories are cleaner. Only problem in such berth is the problem of beggars.

There are following categories:-
unreserved Passenger Trains:- Always overcrowded.
Reserved category Chair Car:- 2S non-ac, CC AC
Reserved non-AC:- sleeper class
AC sleeper class :- 3rd AC, 2nd AC, 1st AC.

Sometime people do enter in reserved sleeper class.

I know some German, I have learnt elementary German, i know types of Germans but could not distinguish between Austrian, Germany's or Swiss Deutsch, but I know Swiss don't use ß symbol. Hope I could learn Intermediate German in near future. I also started forgetting the German I already know.

So is the case of any other language including Malayalam. People in north of Kerala speak Malayalam mix with Kannada and those on the south have a Tamil slang. People in Malapurram Dist, due to their contact with Arabs, uses many Arabic words when they speak and as a thumb rule the speed of the speaking the language increases as you travel North in Kerala.

I have traveled in Trains all my life but I didn't find any rat there, I don't know who told you this story. There are overcrowding in general passenger trains but trains with 2S, Sleepers non-ac categories are cleaner. Only problem in such berth is the problem of beggars.

He was on a budget and got budget experience. If he had travelled around in 1st class A/C coaches, booked himself into 4 star or higher hotels, used the services of good authorized tour operators, he may have ended with a better impression of India.

Foreign women are raped left right and center in India-
Still its the best destination for tourism-
Hmm- maybe the western women likes to be raped-

Alhamdulillah, what type of post is this?????????

Its a big racist and anti women :tdown: :tdown:

The level of PDF is going for dirt.

Why don't Mods take any action???????? only because its poster is a pakistani???

All three countries have their own version of Hochdeutsch. In Germany it's the Hannover accent, in Austria it's the Burgtheater Deutsch from Vienna, and Schwizerdütsch is just a mystery to me. Yeah, the Swiss don't use ß.

The cleanest Hochdeutsh is the Hannover accent. If you want to learn German, go to the Hannover Region (Göttingen, Hannover, Braunschweig).

He was on a budget and got budget experience. If he had travelled around in 1st class A/C coaches, booked himself into 4 star or higher hotels, used the services of good authorized tour operators, he may have ended with a better impression of India.

Even he had gone for 2S class or CC class, it would have been better experience for him.

Back
Top Bottom