What's new

India must stand by Sheikh Hasina

on behalf of my comrades, my biggest recommendation to Bangladeshis would be to elect leaders that stand for and report to THEM - rather than to some randoms in new delhi who could care less about Bangladesh but are more fixated on ''national security'' when in fact india's biggest threats come from inside.

i'd also casually reccomend to Bengalis that they toughen up and be a little more nationalistic on their stance towards daily killings of their citizens by the indian border forces.....not that it concerns Pakistan one bit, but since morality and security became such a big concern this is surely one ''concession'' an increasingly moribund and erratic sheikh hasina ought to seek from her indian masters/handlers

nothing will go to any court, India will get whatever she wants.

India wants discontinuation of pole vaulting but even BSF wasting of lots of bullets could not shake the enthusiasm of Pole Vaulters.

Sunday, 22 April 2012 17:59
Manoj Parashar | Ghaziabad

This has reference to the editorial, “Begum Zia plots return” (April 20).

I agree with your view that, if the Bangladesh Nationalist Party comes to power, the Islamists may overrun Bangladesh. The newly-formed 18-party alliance led by the main opposition party, Begum Khaleda Zia’s BNP is nothing but an unholy gathering of anti-democracy, anti-India and anti-secular forces.

The credentials of the constituents of this alliance, such as those of the anti-India Jamaat-e-Islami, speak volumes. Such outfits have prospered by stoking anti-India sentiments in a section of the Bangladeshi people since the partition of India in 1947.

These forces aim to destroy the secular fabric of their country by radicalising Bangladeshi Muslims. Before 1971, they had helped the Pakistani Army in crushing Bangladeshi nationalists and the minority Hindus. Now, they are being helped by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence in hatching conspiracies against India and Sheikh Hasina’s Government in Bangladesh.

Islamabad does not want a peaceful and liberal Bangladesh in the neighbourhood. So, these extremist forces are trying to bring chaos and instability in that country. In such a situation, India has a greater responsibility to secure both its own interests and secularism and democracy in Bangladesh.

New Delhi should do everything possible to strengthen Sheikh Hasina’s position. Of course, we cannot interfere in Bangladesh’s affairs, but we can help her win the coming election by supporting her in the good work that she has been doing.

If Ms Hasina loses, the nexus of China and Pakistan, apart from anti-India Islamist groups and Indian secessionist groups, will pose a huge danger to India’s security.

Oh Bhai...our neighbourhood involves Iran, Afghanistan, China, India...heck even Russia is closer to us then BD ! Pakistan has enough problems of our we don't care about whether BD's ideology is Islamic, Secular or something that Santa Claus came up with ! We wish you guys all the best....we really do, but BD's ideological or governmental stance isn't that high on our priority list right now !

i do not but india has a strong hold in bd, like it or not. Both inside bnp and bal.

That is of course predictable, not surprised to hear that. But like idune Bhai said, it will be easier to get rid of from within BNP. RAWami League is not salvageable, unfortunately.

We need to figure out a way to reduce Indian influence, if needed by bringing in or in alliance with other countries. Do you believe we should do that? Or do you believe we should remain under Indian influence as we are now?

Oh Bhai...our neighbourhood involves Iran, Afghanistan, China, India...heck even Russia is closer to us then BD ! Pakistan has enough problems of our we don't care about whether BD's ideology is Islamic, Secular or something that Santa Claus came up with ! We wish you guys all the best....we really do, but BD's ideological or governmental stance isn't that high on our priority list right now !

Armstrong Bhai, I don't understand this either. Why do some Bangladeshi's bring Pakistan into our affairs. What is Pakistan doing to us now from 1000 miles away? Why should Pakistan be involved in Bangladesh? What will Pakistan get out of it? It makes no sense whatsoever.

It is part of RAWamy propaganda that were fed for many decades and its still going strong, blame Pakistan. I mean what a joke. But I think mainly it is done to deflect attention from our beautiful shining "friend" next door.

Of course we are brotherly nations, like 57 other countries in OIC, but that ends there. Bangladeshi's should get out of their obsession about Pakistan. We should thank this Pakistan defense forum, at least they provide us a space here where we can talk among ourselves and connect to people of other countries. Try going to an Indian forum and see how they treat you.

That is of course predictable, not surprised to hear that. But like idune Bhai said, it will be easier to get rid of from within BNP. RAWami League is not salvageable, unfortunately.

We need to figure out a way to reduce Indian influence, if needed by bringing in or in alliance with other countries. Do you believe we should do that? Or do you believe we should remain under Indian influence as we are now?

problem is the logistics we are in...we are surrounded by india from everywhere and Myanmar is more loveydovey with Indian than us. It will be a mammoth of a task. Thing is India has such a strong hold in Bangladesh that any party that wants to come to power needs India's backing. BNP politicians are just more subtle when dealing with India.

problem is the logistics we are in...we are surrounded by india from everywhere and Myanmar is more loveydovey with Indian than us. It will be a mammoth of a task. Thing is India has such a strong hold in Bangladesh that any party that wants to come to power needs India's backing. BNP politicians are just more subtle when dealing with India.

It is not impossible if we try, I have already explained many different ways. Please get out of this defeatist mentality.

If BNP does not do it, we, the people of Bangladesh, will build another party or people's revolution from scratch to do it, but it will be done.

Armstrong Bhai, I don't understand this either. Why do some Bangladeshi's bring Pakistan into our affairs. What is Pakistan doing to us now from 1000 miles away? Why should Pakistan be involved in Bangladesh? What will Pakistan get out of it? It makes no sense whatsoever.

It is part of RAWamy propaganda that were fed for many decades and its still going strong, blame Pakistan. I mean what a joke. But I think mainly it is done to deflect attention from our beautiful shining "friend" next door.

Of course we are brotherly nations, like 57 other countries in OIC, but that ends there. Bangladeshi's should get out of their obsession about Pakistan. We should thank this Pakistan defense forum, at least they provide us a space here where we can talk among ourselves and connect to people of other countries. Try going to an Indian forum and see how they treat you.

I suppose that we all have our experiences in the past that embellish our future ! The Bangladesh Liberation War or the Indo-Pak War of '71, as we call it, was a very nasty affair where Muslims killed Muslims...brothers butchered brothers. Whatever twist we may give it innocent people did die ! And I suppose the after-effects of that are going to stay with us for many years to come. Take the example of Pakistan...because we've had a very shaky relationship with India with, what Pakistanis view as, India's incessant opportunism, we do tend to think about many things through that prism !

So, BNP does not request India for support ..?

Bangladeshis here are so clueless...:lol:

And we need to get rid of those even inside BNP, period.

Tareeq and Madam Zia would a good start...:lol:

It is not impossible if we try, I have already explained many different ways. Please get out of this defeatist mentality.

If BNP does not do it, we, the people of Bangladesh, will build another party or people's revolution from scratch to do it, but it will be done.

As if the BNP would be some sort of messiah to solve the problems.....

See, Bangladesh always had many security loopholes here and there. Nobody ever bothered to tighten them. Do you really think that the previous BNP administration ever bothered to look into these security issues and actually solve the problem? The likely answer is no.

The Pilkhana tragedy speaks volume.

You are right, it is possible to secure our interests. It is easy given that the ones in charge have the necessary competencies. The thing is that the "leaders" don't actually look into them sincerely. They only look after their own personal interests.

A revolution? If it'll ever happen or not is impossible to say. But it is possible, and may come at a great cost. Permanently removing the two netris would be no easy task. And that's the hard part.

Back
Top Bottom