What's new

India must begin acting like close partner and ally: McCain

Indian relations with US were always ahead than Pakistan as US continued to pound India with billions of dollars of investment over the decades. Pakistan was always have been a ceremonial ally when they needed us in their wars.

Your over rated Modi has nothing to do with any ajuba. US also agreed providing civilian nuclear technology to India during Congress regime so its just another continuation to that policy of US towards her natural ally, India.
US knows and understands its steps. If US had provided you technologies, you could have sold those technologies to China by now and get some freebies from China. India never did so to Russia. That's why US is so confident this time with India.

If this is the case then why pakistan is asking for AID Money and subsidy for F-16...???

It's not aid money. It's CSF (funds given in lieu of services provided by Pak army to the US).

Let the unrealistic expectations, and subsequent claims of betrayal begin.

This is the part of Modi' s speech that i would ask John MC Cain to read twice.

"As we deepen our partnership, there would be times when we would have differing perspectives. But, since our interests and concerns converge, the autonomy in decision making and diversity in our perspectives can only add value to our partnership."

US needs to learn to live with that. Myanmar is a good example.

However, if India wants to be at a high table, we also need to learn to take up additional responsibilities. India has to walk the fine line. US has to get India permanent seat at United Nations, without which India contributions will be limited.

As of now - US needs to do more

Last edited:
Pakistan must thank India for taking DO MORE capsules off our hand :rofl:. Indians will regret the day they allied themselves with Americans.

Pakistan must thank India for taking DO MORE capsules off our hand :rofl:. Indians will regret the day they allied themselves with Americans.

Pakistan is the Major Non Nato Ally & India is the major defense partner. See the difference ??

Pakistan is the Major Non Nato Ally & India is the major defense partner. See the difference ??

lol they dont even give us basic F16s so i think we are inclined to use this allaince as toilet paper. Time of our allaince is over as pakistan US are now following differnt path

US comes up with these cute names and does what it wants to do. India will never agree to be called as an Ally.

Also, Allies are always expected to do More than Partners.

India must begin acting like close partner and ally: McCain

A top American Senator today said India must begin acting like a close partner and ally of the US, noting that despite the growing closeness, "frustration" continues to exist in many areas including defence.

"India must begin acting like a close partner and ally. Despite the growing closeness, it is no secret that frustration continues to exist in many areas, both defence and non-defence," Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee Senator John McCain said in an op-ed for CNN.

He said the US expects a lot of its partners and allies, including joint patrolling, significant contributions to armed conflicts, and a strict adherence to human rights, among other things. "The sooner India can showcase these commitments, and wipe away the lingering frustrations, the further it will move toward achieving the global power status it seeks," he said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Washington this week underscores just how important the US-India relationship has become, McCain said.

"In the coming years, I see an India that provides critical stability in a rapidly changing Indian Ocean region. I see an India that maintains regional balance against expansionist adversaries in the Pacific.

"I see an India that is a stronger, more capable ally in the struggle against global terrorism and piracy. And this is just the beginning. If we can come together as defense partners, our countries can be immensely positive forces for increased global peace and security," he noted.

"Getting there, however, will not be easy. To achieve all this, the US will need to begin treating India the same as it does its close partners and allies. Asking India to increasingly take on global responsibilities, yet not providing the associated benefits, is not a sustainable strategy," he said.

"Whether it is streamlining the approval process for defense exports, jointly developing military technology or coordinating defense activities, the US needs to make a clear, unambiguous commitment to our joint future in defense," McCain added

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...e-partner-and-ally-mccain-116060801186_1.html

Here comes the first of the wishlist items. Do more do more do more....never satisfied.

If this is the case then why pakistan is asking for AID Money and subsidy for F-16...???
A childish question I must say and I hope you can find its answer in many threads on pdf. It has been some detailed discussions here and believe me your are not the first one to ask? Do you?

India must do more to support their brothers in arms(US). India being a trillion dollar economy must now show some loyalty to the US, in terms of geo-strategic depth and actions regarding the Southern Chinese Sea. India is now a global player, and must confide in the US's long term geo-strategic interests. All of those call centers were not created without a reason.

The Great game is on and Modi seems to be playing it Hard to get India the maximum benefit. The stakes will be very high and India needs to be extremely tactful in its steps. India should draw red lines and not loose sight of them.

Everyone is trying to woo India. We need to keep it that way for next 10 - 20 years. There will be lot of pressure / enticements to make us decide. Peace between US, China and Russia will help India maintain this balance.

@GURU DUTT

bas kuch he daer porani baat hey ham dono aapis may Attari ise baat pe khaeel rahay thay :lol:

Back
Top Bottom