What's new

India moves to end primary teaching in English as Modi unveils major education reforms

India need to learn from China. Impose standard Mandarin for all Chinese as the uniform language to unify all Chinese.

Same as India who need to impose Hindi as the standard national language for all indians be it Tamil or Punjabi. English is a foreign language. It does not belong from India.

Absolutely perfect. The people of the Indian sub-contonent have a slave mentality, they literally worship English. They will always find an excuse to avoid dumpimg English.

Go to Japan and Korea and some parts of China and see how much English is used. Zilch, zero.

India need to learn from China. Impose standard Mandarin for all Chinese as the uniform language to unify all Chinese.

Same as India who need to impose Hindi as the standard national language for all indians be it Tamil or Punjabi. English is a foreign language. It does not belong from India.

India is not China.

Although both countries have multiple ethnicities and languages, China has more than 90 % of people that are Han Chinese, while India has no ethnicity that has the majority.
Lack of a majority ethnicity and language makes it harder to impose one national language.

China also has a centralised state apparatus that is strong enough to impose one language without any meaningful protests, while India is a federation with a more decentralised type of government.

As history has shown, it will be hard to have one national language throughout India.

Most opposition came and will come from the South.

A quote from C.N. Annadurai stated during the anti-Hindi imposition movement on why English is better as a national language for India:

A man had two dogs – a big one and a small one. He wanted his dogs to go in and out of the house freely without him having to keep the house door open all the time. So he built two “trap doors” – one big trap door for the big dog and one small for the small dog. Neighbors who saw these two doors laughed at him and called him an idiot. Why put a big door and a small door? All that was needed was the big door. Both the big and the small dog could use it! Indian government’s arguments for making Hindi the official or link language of India are as ridiculous as the need for a big door and a small door for the big dog and the small dog. Indian government agrees that English is needed for communication with the world, and every school in India teaches English after the fifth grade. Then the Indian government says that all of us should know Hindi also in order to communicate amongst ourselves within India. I ask, “Since every school in India teaches English, why can’t it be our link language? Why do Tamils have to study English for communication with the world and Hindi for communications within India? Do we need a big door for the big dog and a small door for the small dog? I say, let the small dog use the big door too!”

I am following it in spirit, and you know better than others what I am saying to you.

Are you now repenting why you included that line in your CoC? ;)

May be it is time for you to go for your first amendment. :agree: What say?

Few other things here too that "does not belong from India"

The good news is, with or without an imposition from the government, it is still used (different levels of proficiency, different dialects and accents but Hindi is the common thread) everywhere you go in India.. everyone speaks or at least understand a basic version of it. Basic english, non disabled people 'sign language' and a quick google picture can help if you get really lost.

Great move to teach the little ones primarily in their local languages (alongside the English language) and move to the global standard in middle school across the board.

basic very simple Hindi should also be made compulsory. A lot of people just learn it watching bollywood movies anyway, why not teach them in school and help them enjoy the movies more ?

give them homework to watch classic Hindi movies.

Indian languages are not "non-standard" versions of hindi. They are genuine fully developed languages therefore nationalities. HIndi itself is one unfit language for science or tech. And it will remain that way. India's hindi imposition is nothing to but to show non-hindi people their second class citizenship it will not strengthen anything.

first let’s define who’s setting the rules of what’s right or wrong.
You? God? Govt? Martians?

Murder is considered a crime for most people, but a soldier killing another soldier is not murder depending on the perspective.

so on what basis are you saying these reforms are wrong? Have the Aftereffects of these reforms already been documented and analyzed?
Or are you giving us your opinion from a position of perceived “right”?

Yes - "what is wrong, what is right? is it casteism and opression wrong? who knows maybe it is right? is raping innocent kashmiris and blinding their children wrong? who knows depends on who you ask" - this is how you think. Disgusting !

Funny thing is they dream of one language, one nation, one education policy, one ration card, one traffic challan. But never one caste. Every concept no matter how noble becomes the most horrible thing when it encounters india.

Yes - "what is wrong, what is right? is it casteism and opression wrong? who knows maybe it is right? is raping innocent kashmiris and blinding their children wrong? who knows depends on who you ask" - this is how you think. Disgusting !

Well clearly some people including your countrymen think this way and justify it. So from their perspective, such barbarity is right, for me and you it’s obviously wrong.

but that doesn’t answer how you are so sure that these education reforms are wrong.
What makes them wrong? Perhaps you can shed some light on why you’ve already spelled doom before even the implementation or even knowing the effects of the same?

Please provide specific examples using some of the reforms here.

Funny thing is they dream of one language, one nation, one education policy, one ration card, one traffic challan. But never one caste. Every concept no matter how noble becomes the most horrible thing when it encounters india.

Are you now the spokesperson for all Indians? Lol

How does that amount to a better system ? What helped you to get your first job ? Something which you learned while preparing for the boards or something which you learned in college ?
And why was board tough ? Because of the vast syllabus or the difficulty of the questions ?
i think india's state board exams are easy compared to cbse exams, heard there's a new board in india that teaches class 12 syllabus around class 10, way tougher.
what helps me get my first job, well it's definitely the base studies without which i couldn't continue in college.
and as for why boards are tough.. i reckon it's a combination of both the vast syllabus and difficulty of questions.
my teachers in most subjects were shit... so it was extremely difficult for me. i skipped 10 chapters out of 16 total in bio for finals... not because of the vastness however... because out lame teacher just wanted us to mug up and spit on a paper whereas i'm more of a practical learner

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom