What's new

India - most economically competitive country in S. Asia: WEF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruag

Reaction score
The 2009 - 10 list for the Global Competitiveness Index has been published and as expected, India continues to be ranked highly relative to its neighbors -

http://www.weforum.org/pdf/GCR09/GCR20092010fullreport.pdf

India is ranked - 49
Sri Lanka - 79
Pakistan - 101
Bangaldesh - 106
Nepal - 125

Among the BRIC nations, India is second only behind China -

China - 29
India - 49
Brazil - 56
Russia - 63

The Global Competitiveness Report is regarded as the most credible assessment of the ability of countries to provide high levels of prosperity to their citizens. This in turn depends on how productively a country uses available resources. Therefore, the Global Competitiveness Index measures the set of institutions, policies, and factors that set the sustainable current and medium-term levels of economic prosperity.

World Economic Forum - FAQs

Even though India is much bigger and faces several more problems compared to its neighbors, we have continued to provide better education and our economic fundamentals remain strong. As a matter of fact, we were ranked 16th in financial market sophistication, 24th in banking sector and 28th in business sophistication and innovation.

2377c1c93266427552d6e25122353700.gif

Still its a shame that we are 49th while China managed to reach 29th.

Still its a shame that we are 49th while China managed to reach 29th.

Dont worry.. look at us, we are at 101 LOL!

But I think our back is broken because of terrorism and all these suicide bombs and TTP over the past 2 years. Things are on improvement now and I presume we can climb good 20 steps up in coming 3 years time. We were doing good in 2004 and the time about that and we can do better again.

Just need to kick this MF BS Slave Ghardari and the Gang out that has made corruption 400% higher than the era before. Can somebody tell me is it allowed to pray for the death of somebody?

If India is so great, then why the hell do you live in the USA? Hell, why are there so many Indian Expatriates all over the world, i mean come on, Isn't india the KING of South Asia? :cheesy:

If India is so great, then why the hell do you live in the USA? Hell, why are there so many Indian Expatriates all over the world, i mean come on, Isn't india the KING of South Asia? :cheesy:

It is more important for us to Love Pakistan instead of hating India. India is doing better than us in the field of economy and growth and there are obvious reasons why it is so. We need to learn from whoever we can, even if from India and gain on our economy. Its a MUST!

I want to see Pakistan buy those J-11s and 6 more U-Boats as well as top quality military hardware and it is not possible without strong economy. So as a person, if we have any energy, lets spend it on developing ourselves instead of wasting it in proving India a failure. Leave others aside, we need to prosper and become something as good our friend China!

:pakistan: :china: :pakistan:

It is more important for us to Love Pakistan instead of hating India. India is doing better than us in the field of economy and growth and there are obvious reasons why it is so. We need to learn from whoever we can, even if from India and gain on our economy. Its a MUST!

I want to see Pakistan buy those J-11s and 6 more U-Boats as well as top quality military hardware and it is not possible without strong economy. So as a person, if we have any energy, lets spend it on developing ourselves instead of wasting it in proving India a failure. Leave others aside, we need to prosper and become something as good our friend China!

That is the proper attitude to have, something we can all learn from. True, why waste so much energy "proving" or "arguing" the other side is worse than us?! Instead we should focus our energies and emotions to better ourselves.

:pakistan::china::pakistan::cheers:

And I would also like to add, that each of us has something to offer. Sometimes it may not be a lot, but never be condescending. Even a 'little' might prove to be 'a lot' in our times of need.

Well of course Pakistan should learn from India in some aspects, but notice how Indian always compare themselves to Their Neighbors, never to countries of equal strength and size.

You are right. Our goal should be to be like China (economically) not be like india.

Its because we are near war torn Afghanistan and militaries from all different parts of the world are in neighboring Afghanistan (that we share just an imaginary border with) thats the main reason our economy is suffering. Otherwise, Pakistan has everything needed to be economically stable. Pakistan is blessed with many natural resources and is in the best strategic location that can make Pakistan's economy like China's in the near future.

:pakistan::china:

Well of course Pakistan should learn from India in some aspects, but notice how Indian always compare themselves to Their Neighbors, never to countries of equal strength and size.

Of course we are comparing ourselves with china!!

and i guess china and india pretty much has so big manpower and technology.

India will NOT compare it selves to Pakistan, i guess!!:cheesy:

:usflag::coffee:

but not king of world... !!! its not a problem if indians pursue in other countries but show gratitude towards their motherland by contributing in whatever way its possible....

Yaar its really shameful that after so many efforts of people in India we are still at 49.

We need to do something for the poverty and the education system. Only then we can move up in the curve.

Days have passed when India was comparing itself with pakistan(may be 15 years back we compared ourself economically). but today india is way ahead from their neighbours(so no point in comparing economically with pakistan,BD,sri lanka, nepal etc..).

Today we are competing with China. they are way ahead us economically.. and its good that we have set a high and tough target for us(If we try for star atleast we will reach moon)..

Uhh.. isn't this "Pakistan Defence Forum"? So.. shouldn't posts in general be in reference to Pakistan? In other words, why will I start a thread on PDF comparing India to China or to other "countries of equal strength and size"? :blink:

And even then, I did compare India to other BRIC nations. :)

Anyways, India is ranked 49 and Pakistan is ranked 100+. So.. is there any scope for comparison here? :lol:

What a lame argument. Just tell me why are there so many Chinese living in the US. China is even much higher in rank than India and they have much better places like Beijing, Sanghai, Hong Kong, Taiwan etc.

On topic
Its good that we are highly ranked amongst our neighbors (except China), but our goals should be bigger and higher. We should not be satisfied with lesser achievements.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom