What's new

'India may have competitive edge over China'

Exchange is an artificial thing man,it doesn't reflect the propserity of the country,atleast not in India.Even though if u have dollars,u ll have more rupees.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Wages are high in China as compared to India. In cities such as Shan ghai, the wages are comparable to any western cities. Shan ghai is too costly to live.

yeah but i am talking about the factories in rest of china and the rural hinterland.

Exchange is an artificial thing man,it doesn't reflect the propserity of the country,atleast not in India.Even though if u have dollars,u ll have more rupees.

At one point you should just cut the bs. Are you seriously saying that India is more prosperous than China? Is there new India on planet Mars we don't know about?

What I was saying was that I dont know about the future but at this moment in time china holds all the cards when compared to india and thats what the thread is about

I thought the thread was about India giving the world products with quality premium compared to China,whi gives cost advantages.

At one point you should just cut the bs. Are you seriously saying that India is more prosperous than China? Is there new India on planet Mars we don't know about?

That is not what i m saying,i am just saying your path to prosperity is no the same as theirs,well even the capitalistic path to prosperity may not be the perfect one either.Will u move to China,if offered the same salary in both places?

That is not what i m saying,i am just saying your path to prosperity is no the same as theirs,well even the capitalistic path to prosperity may not be the perfect one either.Will u move to China,if offered the same salary in both places?

China provides superior infrastructure, higher quality of life, better health access...I will have to think very hard on this.

I am American born 25% Indian but surely I am not the "confused" one here.

JDME you are off topic and often confused are you sure you dont have some pakistani in you as well?

Quality premium???

Next time, check your samsung galaxy tab, HTC phones, IPAD2, asus transformer, Macbook air/pro, Nikon, Canon and Sony cameras and high-end kitchen ware such as refrigerators, washing machines etc...

How is the quality since they are all made in China?

If you replace the comparison between China and India, with China and Germany, I might agree with such quality premium talk in certain areas, but still not all of them.

As long as for India, I do not think so.

Do not use those 99c store's made-in-China stuff to show quality. There are tons of products that are of great quality and made in China as well. You just need pay more to get them.

I thought the thread was about India giving the world products with quality premium compared to China,whi gives cost advantages.

Yeah but they are not your exports except Lenovo/HTC.U just manufacture them,thats all.

I am talking about indigenous exports of products inidgenous to China and contrary to what u say,u do dump lots and lots of cheap stuff into many countries and that money also makes ur GDP as much as u like it or not.

It depends on where or what you are buying. My Apple iPod nano is made in China. So is Samsung galaxy. Probably same is true for Kindle.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Yeah but they are not your exports except Lenovo/HTC.U just manufacture them,thats all.

I am talking about indigenous exports of products inidgenous to China and contrary to what u say,u do dump lots and lots of cheap stuff into many countries and that money also makes ur GDP as much as u like it or not.

It is not easy establishing a brand name. I remember distinctly how everything Korean was considered cheap and trash. Now look at Samsung and LG. Every country goes through cheap phase.

Samsung and LG did it and that doesn't mean everyone ll do it.Nothing is up for granted man and it is all just perception.Just the way Chinese exports grow,Indian exports may also grow.

Samsung and LG did it and that doesn't mean everyone ll do it.Nothing is up for granted man and it is all just perception.Just the way Chinese exports grow,Indian exports may also grow.

Do you really want to argue over this? Since we have no way of knowing what will happen in future, how can you debate over this? Before Korea, there was Japan. Before Japan, there was Germany..

India doesn't export products. There are no India made products (not even Tea). Also Chinese export came on the back of massive social/physical infrastructure, low regulation, better labor laws...India has not even taken off. People think China did it and "west" is telling us nonstop so it will automatically happen. But it doesn't. India government is simply not committed to prosperity of Indian people. You can see it in their actions.

China achieves such level of development simply due to the fact she dumps lots of cheap stuff into many countries??? Using that makes China to achieve growth rate more than 10% average per year for more than 30 years???

Wow, such a great summary!

I wonder why there is no other country that can replicate such simple method to do that. There are several other countries that have a lot of population like China and also with low labor costs. What is wrong with them???

About indigenous brands, you seem to know next to nothing about Chinese brands for everything related to our lives. Before looking down upon Chinese products, ask those japanese manufacturers whether Chinese Brands are that bad???

There used to be one time that Japanese brands were so highly valued and Chinese Brands just could not sell. Foreign brands are equal to good quality while Chinese brands equal to low price. Is it still true now??? Many famous Japanese Brands as well as western brands retreat from China market since they cannot compete well with Chinese counterparts.

Our brands are just like the way Korean Samsung rises. In the past, everybody knows SONY and who cares what Samsung is??? Nowadays, the role totally reverses.

Back
Top Bottom