What's new

India losing out to China on development

How many of them are ghost cities??

It's build for future urbanisation. Current cities are too full, so rural migrants will work in new cities.
It's the greatness of our vision.
That's why we are always ahead of India in the human evolution cycle.

How many of them are ghost cities??

I know there are some so called satelite photos of China's ghost cities,I travel a lot personally but I've never seen even one ghost city.I would say maybe those photos show towns near their completion but before people moving in,cause China has huge reloction programs each year to bring people living in rurual or natural disaster prone area to designated newly built brand new towns.

I know there are some so called satelite photos of China's ghost cities,I travel a lot personally but I've never seen even one ghost city.I would say maybe those photos show towns near their completion but before people moving in,cause China has huge reloction programs each year to bring people living in rurual or natural disaster prone area to designated newly built brand new towns.

You are ghost cities are meant to inflate China's GDP growth in the name infrastructure development. I even saw the video of abandoned mall which was the world's largest shopping mall. The cost of these houses are out of the reach of majority of Chinese.

A decade back China's GDP growth ratw was three times of India, now its about 1.5 times times of India's

It's build for future urbanisation. Current cities are too full, so rural migrants will work in new cities.
It's the greatness of our vision.
That's why we are always ahead of India in the human evolution cycle.

Do you have knowlege of economics. :cheesy:

What a letdown for the west,they 've been persistently hyping up India and are dying to see India perform bettert than"dictatorship" China.

China is better than india in development

But
holding together a country which is most diverse in world after Africa & also when our neighbours are hell Blent on breaking it up
Maintaining a democracy when all of the countries surrounding you are not ( some are)
Having leaders who only know how to boost Swiss economy
& despite all that & many others we are growing at a very good rate that is something I believe china will not achieve
Yes this country may not be able to match your country but remember you don't have these many problems as we have
Mind that when you post

You are ghost cities are meant to inflate China's GDP growth in the name infrastructure development. I even saw the video of abandoned mall which was the world's largest shopping mall. The cost of these houses are out of the reach of majority of Chinese.

A decade back China's GDP growth ratw was three times of India, now its about 1.5 times times of India's

Do you have knowlege of economics. :cheesy:

Indian economy is built on massive debt. Your credit rating is downgraded.
Indian debt is massive that your currency is collapsing.

fThe article is also linked from the front page of NY Times right now... read the user Comments too. Some even called India a 'failed' state in the Comments.

India Is Losing the Race - NYTimes.com

India-China 'race' sounds more like Westerners hoping and wanting their favorite nation to 'contain' the evil, communist China without spending much (Western) resources. India has been hyped up, ego-massaged from at least Bill Clinton on from 2000 in a big way in Western political and media.

Truth be told India doesn't have much of a chance unless Indian, young middle classes take over power from the geriatric leadership AND work for the betterment of most/all Indians. Until that happens--forget China--even Pakistan fared okay through the 1980's.

When was India ever close to china on development is what I wanna know :woot:

India was never in the race. Never have been and never will be. They will always be behind China.

India was ahead of China when they both got independence/founded. But their system kills them. Though Chinese system was not good (enough), theirs is even worse.

800px-China_india_gdp.jpg

GDP development trends of China and India. GDP per capita (in 1990 Geary-Khamis dollars) (data range 1950-2003) File:China india gdp.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China is better than india in development

But
holding together a country which is most diverse in world after Africa & also when our neighbours are hell Blent on breaking it up
Maintaining a democracy when all of the countries surrounding you are not ( some are)
Having leaders who only know how to boost Swiss economy
& despite all that & many others we are growing at a very good rate that is something I believe china will not achieve
Yes this country may not be able to match your country but remember you don't have these many problems as we have
Mind that when you post

That's because you are not a country, you are a group of different countries joined in a union like the Soviet Union.

This is news to who exactly? China is far ahead for many reasons.

But there is a flip side to the coin. The 2008 stimulus package by the Chinese govt was spent on massive infrastructure projects like those mentioned and whilst this was effective in helping china availed the real storm over supply is now a real issue for China. There are entire towns in china that were built but never inhabited, HSR but no passengers just look at the world's largest mall as a depressing metaphor for the situation. Converlsy India weathered the 2008 economic storm with very little govt intervention needed because of the huge Indian domestic consumer market-'something the Chinese admired.

It is far too early to call anything, to be honest the two nations are in different stages and the economies are pretty different from one another.

I hope both nations can work together to develop because both nations have HUGE issues and too many impoverished and disadvantaged citizens. These d!ck measuring contests are beneficial to no one.

This is news to who exactly? China is far ahead for many reasons.

But there is a flip side to the coin. The 2008 stimulus package by the Chinese govt was spent on massive infrastructure projects like those mentioned and whilst this was effective in helping china availed the real storm over supply is now a real issue for China. There are entire towns in china that were built but never inhabited, HSR but no passengers just look at the world's largest mall as a depressing metaphor for the situation. Converlsy India weathered the 2008 economic storm with very little govt intervention needed because of the huge Indian domestic consumer market-'something the Chinese admired.

It is far too early to call anything, to be honest the two nations are in different stages and the economies are pretty different from one another.

I hope both nations can work together to develop because both nations have HUGE issues and too many impoverished and disadvantaged citizens. These d!ck measuring contests are beneficial to no one.

:lol: the Chinese economy is now run by domestic consumption. Chinese government thinks 20-30 years ahead that's precisely why we are ahead of India. They build new cities and transportation links to connect and urbanise the nation. Indian economy runs heavily on deficit spending, that's why your currency has collapsed and rating agencies are threatening to downgrade.
Indians don't have strategic vision it's only about filling the pockets and working for the next election.

The stimulus brought forward many infrastructure projects and created alot of jobs which increased consumption. The return on infrastructure is long term. Indians like you will never ever understand this, this is why India will always be a poor man's China.

I warned them before Western interest gained traction. In order to ride the economic wave, we to correct fundamental flaws in our system otherwise we will just limp along. They didn;t listen all this time. 14 yrs have gone by and not much changes in the areas that need it the most. Leadership is the biggest stumbling block to India;s progress. Unless our leadership grabs the problems by the balls, nothing will come out of it. However, once we get a crack team in our entire gov;t....we will run circles around China. I am very confident of it but the question is when.

:lol: the Chinese economy is now run by domestic consumption. Chinese government thinks 20-30 years ahead that's precisely why we are ahead of India. They build new cities and transportation links to connect and urbanise the nation. Indian economy runs heavily on deficit spending, that's why your currency has collapsed and rating agencies are threatening to downgrade.
Indians don't have strategic vision it's only about filling the pockets and working for the next election.

The stimulus brought forward many infrastructure projects and created alot of jobs which increased consumption. The return on infrastructure is long term. Indians like you will never ever understand this, this is why India will always be a poor man's China.

India's economy is heavily influenced by its domestic market for a long time. That;s why it wasn;t affected by the recession as badly. As for spending deficit that is a problem but India is on track. China followed the US model of growth which was emphasis on infrastructure. Nothing unique about it. Copy and paste bro. India has not followed this model which I also agree is stupid to some degree. It would have made lives much easier. Start with the ABC's of nation building not the XYZ's.

Correction, its Indian politicans not Indian ppl in general. There is a big difference.

I warned them before Western interest gained traction. In order to ride the economic wave, we to correct fundamental flaws in our system otherwise we will just limp along. They didn;t listen all this time. 14 yrs have gone by and not much changes in the areas that need it the most. Leadership is the biggest stumbling block to India;s progress. Unless our leadership grabs the problems by the balls, nothing will come out of it. However, once we get a crack team in our entire gov;t....we will run circles around China. I am very confident of it but the question is when.

India's economy is heavily influenced by its domestic market for a long time. That;s why it wasn;t affected by the recession as badly. As for spending deficit that is a problem but India is on track. China followed the US model of growth which was emphasis on infrastructure. Nothing unique about it. Copy and paste bro. India has not followed this model which I also agree is stupid to some degree. It would have made lives much easier. Start with the ABC's of nation building not the XYZ's.

Correction, its Indian politicans not Indian ppl in general. There is a big difference.

Run circles around China? :lol:
Dream on. Not in a million years.
Chinese leadership is a meritocracy. The core leaders are there to do a job for the best interest of China. Chinese economy is successful because of our leaders. They have their faults but they are chosen very meticulously.
Only kind of leadership that's similar is Singapore and Lee Kuan Yew. Deng went to Singapore and Lee Kuan Yew and saw what he did and came back and did the same for China.

Indians are not as disciplined as Chinese (and East Asians). Too much racial, religious and social division for India to ever surpass China. The caste system is just one of many. Our Confucius values keep us very disciplined. Go see how Indians drive and Chinese drive. You will see the difference in behaviour.

India cannot ever overtake China be side the makeup of India is totally different with cultural diversity and a political system run by a ruling family. It can never beat the brilliance if Chinese meritocracy. Go see how brilliantly the large Beijing Olympics was organised and compare that to the smaller commonwealth games disaster in Delhi. That sums up the work ethic and discipline and management of Chinese compared to Indians.

Back
Top Bottom